It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK chemists/pharamcies caught illegally selling drugs inc. Valium, morphine and tranquilizers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Spot on. That's one of the main reasons I'm on them, along with tramadol and about 10 other meds! I'm gradually weening myself off as many as I can without the GPs help because everytime I express an interest in reducing meds I get prescribed another one.

I hope these pharmacists are treated to the full extent of the law. Jail AND an unlimited fine, but I wont hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Cheers for the heads up, gonna watch that tonight.

It does not surprise me at all that UK chemists are doing this.

I have had amoxicillin in the past a couple of times for infections, I never had any side effects from it though.

Also the prescription thing, as far as I am aware to get free prescriptions you have to be on certain types of benefits.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

The problem here with that is that these pharmacies may be independent family owned ones and therefore as one member gets struck off another family member gets a new licence. I know you can't just pluck pharmaceutical qualifications out of your backside but family run pharmacies tend to have more than one family member qualified, well at least that's been my experience.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

The headaches or the disc disease?

My step-dad, love him to bits, has a bit of an issue with prescription painkillers. My mum was given boxes and boxes of Tramadol because she has osteoporosis and a crumbling knee, and she had to hide them in my house so he couldn't get his mitts on them.
So many people swear by Tramadol, but in all honesty, it doesn't touch me. It seems most painkillers don't do anything for me.

My aforementioned friend gave me an amitriptyline a few years back (was having trouble sleeping due to a particularly nasty illness), and it knocked me out! Woke up the next day with what can only be described as glue mouth. Not the most pleasant experience, but it was a welcome nights sleep I wouldn't have had otherwise!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by merkins

I think the antibiotics are being bought *mainly* by the '2012 survivalists'...after a catastrophy, antibiotics are going to be needed in every family medical kit...i think you'll find a lot of vetinary antibiotics are being snapped up as i type too.

Fish ones are the best. Apparently. *insert innocent whistle here*

Lol...off to the aquatics shop then...does your 'hypothetical knowledge' on this subject extend to names and dosages by any chance?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

Re prescriptions, yes state benefits are a way of getting free prescriptions but those on low incomes can also get them, you just have to apply for a certificate. I would like to think that those living on the streets would also be able to get free scripts without the need for a permanent address.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Luckily I only get headaches when I have sinusitus and have to take amoxicillin doh!

I often think my night meds don't do diddly squat. But then once in a while I get my morning and night meds mixed up. Within an hour I can barely speak. It's like when the dentist numbs your mouth. I'm also unfortunately intimately familiar with glue mouth.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Consider this an introduction/comment since I never taken the opportunity to formally introduce myself. I'll probably here from the mod in a while, Anyways, there was some local news that I thought I would share. Not only they are illegally selling my local news are translated as follows:

"An indeterminate amount of cancer patients, AIDS and depression, among other conditions of health, through the entire United States, could have been affected as a result of a fraud scheme to sell counterfeit medicines valued at $440 million."

"During a press conference, the head of the federal prosecutor's Office, Rosa Emilia Rodríguez, explained that the main purpose of diversion of drugs is acquiring them for prices between 10 to 40 per cent below the standards set by the industry of medicines and reintroduced to the market by hiding them were diverted and not passed through security processes requiring the Federal Agency for drug and food (FDA)"

"The indictment identifies Martin Thuna as owner of corporations to sell drugs. These are: drugstore of the Villa, which has license to sell drugs in Puerto Rico; Drugstore village in the State of Tennessee, which operated as a sales Center for the Villa's drugstore and LLC established in Arizona, licensed to sell drugs in that city."

Incredible! a scheme of diversion of drugs to defraud pharmacies and patients by hiding from where the drugs are coming from in a value of $440 million is happening 15 min from my house. I used to visit drugstore of the Villa or "Farmacia Villa" as known in Ponce, Puerto Rico.

Some blinded by materialism put aside all ethic principles and jeopardize the health of thousands without regards of the consequences. Sad we had to pay the price.

Greetings from my little spot in the universe sunny Puerto Rico, hope to collaborate actively in this superb knowledge enriched community.

See you all soon!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sattro

That's awful. Do you have some links I can jump off from to look into this?
This subject deserves it's own thread really, you should consider starting one.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
Wow, one pharmacy charged £200 for a drug that would cost £7.50 on prescription.

They are also selling omoxicillin, an anti-biotic. That was has me scratching my head. I'll have to take a closer look at that one to understand it.

The 7.50 that people pay for prescriptions is a subsidised price. The real price is way higher. So 200 was probably the real price of the meidcine.

edit on 17-12-2012 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Did anyone catch this last night? It's on iPlayer for the next 7 days if you didn't

top topics

<< 1   >>

join