It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Elizabeth to Attend UK Cabinet Meeting Tommorow

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
They're going to give her a clock.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yup a nice day out for the old dear I agree

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'm American, so this question comes from sheer ignorance.

But could she possibly resign? Her husband is in poor healthy, she's not getting younger....just a stray thought i had....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yeah, the Queen can resign but it isn't that.

It's been announced that they're giving her a gift to mark the end of the Jubilee year. No story here, I'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

Ahhh...okay. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I'm American, so this question comes from sheer ignorance.

But could she possibly resign? Her husband is in poor healthy, she's not getting younger....just a stray thought i had....

She would Abdicate, but wont, just to piss of jug ears, Big Willie and little Kate are going to have a long wait before they get to Westminster Abbey.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I know the Queen's not supposed to have much power left but I've never really believed it . I've always been suspicious that if she wanted to she could throw some power around unlike anyone else on earth . I'm very intrigued .

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

I care, apparently its a damn rare thing.
Who cars if its for show or for something serious.
Another thing I can tick off my list of

'' I remember when.....''

now if we were talking about the new royal baby coming and all that hoohah id completely agree with you!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
"Real" power or not, the Queen is one of the richest women in the world. That alone gives her power.

Also, remember, the news is just the things we're told to pay attention to. Real clandestine meetings don't get announced on the news, generally.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is potentially very big news,
The Queen is currently as No 10 Downing street right now having a meeting with Cameron.
And for her to be attending Parliament is unprecedented.

Something big is gonna happen, Be it NWO agenda announcement, Economy crash announcement or some other kind of disclosure
Exciting times, this could be the spark that wakes up the sheeple!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

Do not need him at all, she brings in more money than it costs the taxpayer, she brings in about 270 million from tax alone.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is pretty odd, pretty sure it was "done away with".... supposed to be the Queens independence from the Commons and all that jazz.

Oh well....

Strange times indeed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

Oh she has power, In reality she is the only person who can dissolve parliament and give us back our Sovereignty. But considering she sold us out to Europe (By ratifying the EU treaty) then tomorrow has the potential to be a tipping point.
It is make your mind up time oh sheep of England

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
She's not attending Parliament (she goes there on several state visits per year anyway) she's attending the Cabinet Meeting which is the weekly meeting of the Ministers of State ( appointed by the Prime Minister) at Number 10 Downing Street (the Equivalent of the White House).

In terms of the Queens power anyone interested should look into the Privy Council :en.wikipedia.org...

In addition to the Privy council the State is also the head of the historical heraldry socities (such as the Court of Aldermen and Courts of Common Council who control the City of London Corporation - a none reformed medieval organisation that is landlord to, and holds local jurisdiction on some of the worlds foremost financial insititutions.)

I also notice someone talked about the Queens benefit to the tax payer...this is actually a common misconception.
In the list of popular visitor attractions in the UK Windsor Castle is (ironically) behind the likes of Legoland Windsor.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

wiki.answers.com...

www.royal.gov.uk...

Ok I was a little high it is 220 million. We give her 24 million from the Civil list.

I see her as a big business at least she does pay tax.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

I have to agree. I feel there's more here than initially meets the eye.

If i get a chance I'll do some digging but earlier today I saw a Dr Andrew Blick (I think) on some news channel discussing the UKs 'unwritten constitution'. He explained that 'precedence' is a very powerful tool in relation to this subject. He stated that the Queens attendance could be a precedence setting action which could then become a problem when jug ears sits on the throne. As most people know he's much much much more political than the queen.

People who say the monarchy is just ceremonial are in need of doing some due dilligence. As an example apparently the government has to consult charles whenever there is some tax legislation to pass that could affect his earnimgs. He has veto over it though luckily he's thus far not used it.

I believe this is a strategic move to set a precedent for charles, because Brits would be far more accepting of a dictatorship under the royal family than any government.

Also I may be wrong but aren't all the palaces and castles actually owned by the country not the monarch? She's not bringing in income the buildings are. I've also argued for many years with royalists that if the queen was kicked out and we became a republic I believe royal related tourism would rise. There'd be a massive buzz about going to the country with the most recently ousted royal famly and possibly getting to take a tour of the ex-queens private rooms.

Republic for the win!

edit on 17-12-2012 by merkins because: Addendum

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Let us not forget that the queen once pleaded poverty and tried to claim from a hardship fund for low income families. She may not physically be a reptile but she most definitely is a cold blooded [snip]

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
the end of something is nigh.
what that something is remains to be seen.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by uprising2freedom
It is make your mind up time oh sheep of England

Let a sheep educate someone who is clearly ignorant of the role of the monarchy in Britain.

Oh she has power, In reality she is the only person who can dissolve parliament and give us back our Sovereignty.

That’s right but the Queen can only dissolve Parliament at the request of the Prime Minister, so your implication of authority is wrong.

But considering she sold us out to Europe (By ratifying the EU treaty)

You are right, in that she (the Queen) gives assent to laws, but she has to do this because Parliament has voted and she cannot defy Parliament. In other words, your suggestion that “she did it” is wrong.

To OP and all the drama queens. Relax, this is just part of her Diamond Jubilee and the Cabinet to give her a pressie.

Regards

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join