It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Photos of 2012 from around the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think we could all do with a little break from what we have been reading here for the past 3 days.

This link is a capture of 81 of the best images from around the world.

Here are 10 of them which I feel sums up my experience on ATS since joining in May.

Syrian man cries while holding the body of his son near Dar El Shifa hospital in Aleppo, Syria

The Northern Lights are seen in the skies near Faskusfjordur on the east coast of Iceland Thursday March 8, 2012

An activist shields herself as a police officer pepper sprays her during a protest outside a military club in downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A full moon is seen behind the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, early Wednesday July 4, 2012

This time exposure photo shows the Falcon 9 SpaceX rocket lifting off from space launch complex 40 at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Cape Canaveral, Fla

People run for cover as smoke rises from the site of a fire at a fireworks factory on the outskirts of Sivakasi, about 500 kilometers (310 miles) southwest of Chennai, India

An isolated five-floor building stands in the middle of a new road on November 21, 2012 in Wenling, Zhejiang Province of China. Zhejiang Province of China. 67-year-old Luo Baogen and his 65-year-old wife from Xiazhangyang village still live in the half-demolished residential building, because they are dissatisfied with the relocation compensation. The road, which leads to the Wenling Railway Station, has not been put into use.

a rebel sniper aims at a Syrian army position, seen with another rebel fighter reflected in a mirror, in a residential building in the Jedida district of Aleppo, Syria

Thai-Swedish couple William Timhede, 23, left, and Napatsawan Timhede, 39, swing out on a rappelling rope as part of an adventure-themed wedding ceremony in Prachinburi province, Thailand

A South Korean diver clad in Santa Claus costume swims with sardines at The Coex Aquarium

Merry Christmas everyone, may you be surrounded by loved ones and remain happy through-out the festive season.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Added photo captions - thanks DaRAGE for the advice

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
GReat pics. WEnt through all of them at the site. Good to see some explainations

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Nice distraction thread
. Some truly beautiful pics amongst the 80. I'm going to see those southern lights for myself one day, hopefully before im old and wrinkly

Love looking at the long exposure pics as well, it's been quiet a year that's for sure. Photos are always a great way to visually sum up a year
thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas to you too

join