It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 days left - What are you seeing in the real world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

You just need to get a Kuerig...it has changed the physics of coffee brewing!

I have been having déjà vu about three times a day this week, nothing else.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The "apathy" in the medis is there because it's a minority belief, and being treated as such
The internet is not fully representative of the world as a whole.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

One of the 'news' papers, I think it was a tabloid, had a headline about "the Doomsayers" a couple of days ago, and last week or the week before, one of the news segments was about the Mayan prophecy and how some thought it might link to the end of the world.

Facebook has been a bit noisy but nothing serious... Something about a South Korean missile being tested on Friday.

Other than that, blissful silence.

My main thought is, "Just another day" carry on as usual... I'll take my son to school, dither about for the day doing what needs to be done, pick him up... if something happens that day, then so be it.
I just hope if it is a world ending event, I get to at least be with my son when it happens.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I am thinking about letting my son stay home from school. If nothing happens, he gets an extra day of xmas vacation. If it does I will be with him when it happens. Anyway whats the harm?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Well... I have a Keurig at home but right now I am in England and have access to a Tassimo.

About as close as I can come to having a nice cup of coffee before I actually wake up as I can get.

I guess I could spur my personal end of the world scenario if I told my wife to get up and have my coffee ready before I wake up... yea... that would end my world as I know it without all this Mayan/Galactic Plane nonesense.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pbasonuk

this was funny.

I just wanted to add that I think the most likely scenario is a beneficial one to humanity. I think somewhere along the line information from the stars was recorded by the Mayans, not in attempt to warn us but to celebrate this time, I mean had the Mayans foresaw our huge world society? I would love to get some special powers, wouldn't we all? I think this "ascension" could be something as simple as the start of free energy. No?
edit on 17-12-2012 by nrd101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Isnt everyone familiar with the boy who cried wolf. We have ran throgh every senario we could think of. Now its just so over played who cares! When something happens in this world though, we can say! Ha I knew it would be this!!! Thanks to all the social media who allowed us to go in depth with all the posibilitys. No matter how far fetched we have coverd them all... Thing about the boy who cried wolf. One day the wolf was at the door, and no one cared.... 2012 is just a cry. The real wolf is out there. One day it will take us all by surprise!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Y2K.

Well you see, back in the olden days, when things were made before a certain date, no one ever anticipated that something they wrote would be used 20 years later or that the funky comprutater on the desk with it's floppy drive and it's green screen, would be in use so long after it was made.

So when someone realised that "This thing wont work properly if I set the date this way!" and lo and behold, a problem was discovered.

But this problem had been left so long that it had found it's way into many machines and programs. What on earth could we do?

The elves of the IT office worked around the clock, night and day of both times, and also tirelessly in order to test, trouble shoot, verify and replace hardware and software. They did this without a hint of resentment, for they knew they were working for the good of all man kind.

But something terrible happened on that fateful day 12 years ago - the elves managed to pull off a miracle. There was barely a peep out of the machines they had seen to, and there was barely a whistle from the software they had checked, verified or replaced. It was as if nothing had happened. It was, horrible.

As the world saw this and rejoiced, "Hurrah, Hurrah!" they started to question if it was all a lie. Nothing happened, but they said it would. Why did they lie?

And the poor IT elves all died of loneliness in their server room, too ashamed to face the people who now mocked and ridiculed them... despite knowing in their hearts, that they had saved humanity once more...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
With all the hype of 12/21/12, I notice that it's not as explosive on the Internet as I thought it would be, although I'm not surprised. With not a single prediction coming to pass this year, everybody is tired. They all believe that this date will pass by like all the other failed predictions, and they could be right.

However, what does surprise me is the sheer apathy toward this date in the real world. At the very least, I would expect some people to be taking advantage of this date to get free stuff, but from what I can see, everybody simply doesn't care about it anymore. In my local Walmart and other stores I go to, everything is stocked like normal. It is nothing like what happened a week before Y2K.

Is this just in my area? Are people talking about this date elsewhere? I keep reading stories on the Internet about people panicking and shelves being empty, but I'm just not seeing it here.

Is this just the calm before the storm?

I haven't seen empty shelves here either, It's like it's just any other day of the week.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I see it as this. Live my life to it's fullest, make the mistakes I make. Why not, I'm just going to make them anyway. Try not to make them twice... Though, I might. Do the best I can to raise my daughter right. Try to get my jerk soon-to-be ex to understand I'd like to talk to my daughter every night not 3 nights a week. Try to not stress out when he throws road blocks every chance he gets. And look at it this way, I've lived my life. It may not have been the best life, but I've lived it, so when I go, I go. It's not like I can fight it when the time comes. So eh. *shrug* I've got a brain tumor anyway, my time will come when it comes.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
In general, I think it is going to be a bad day with a rise in crime and death. I think we will see a lot of craziness. Hopefully people are vigilant and we see a lot of foiled attempts. I expect people will indulge and this may lead to vehicular accidents, heart attacks, overdoses, stroke and the like. We may even see people wanting to be jerks and pranking others. Sometimes a prank goes wrong, especially if it is poorly planned. It would not be a good idea to prank someone who has a gun and is already scared. It would not be a good idea to prank children or anyone who is already stressed or has a heart condition. I expect this day is going to suck for a lot of people. Some people may believe they have found some enlightenment or change for the better. If they are looking for that sort of think, I believe they can find it at any time if they have faith.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Past few nights in the same place when i go outside to look up at the night time sky, some shooting stars struck me as odd.

but nothing more since most nights don't usually see them.
edit on 17-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

5 days left - What are you seeing in the real world?

Same 'ol same 'ol.

I really don't think the majority of the world believes the hype and incessant internet speculations and dooming.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pbasonuk
I drank A LOT at my works christmas party on Saturday night. I never had even the slightest hangover on Sunday. I dont drink very often at all as I am a complete pussy the day after and it usually takes me about 3 days to feel normal again.

So WTF is going on? Am I suddenly ascending to a higher state of conciousness just like some have predicted?

I hope so as if this is the effect them I'm going start drinking heavily!

Hoping this was in jest as a post.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Come to think of it, I have had a couple of weird experiences over the past couple of days. Yesterday I spent the day with friends, and came home late in the afternoon. I fired up ATS and responded to a thread, using a particular phrase in French which means "reason to live" / "reason for existence" in English. I hadn't used the phrase in ages, nor do I recall hearing it anywhere else in recent memory.

After posting, I poked around a bit, and then logged into my current favorite game. I decided to run a mission I hadn't done, and -- to be great surprise -- the mission briefing -- in English -- included the same French phrase.

Weird, right?

Well this morning, I was taking a shower, when all of the sudden I felt the overwhelming urge to sing out a really crappy rock song from the 80's. I am not even going to give you a hint, because, to be honest, putting this song in your head (on purpose) is probably a minor form of terrorism.

About 20 minutes later I came downstairs, grabbed my keys, and jumped in the car. That damn song was still playing in my head at full volume so I reached for the radio. The station that came up first was NPR, but I wanted music to drown the internal dialog, so I hit NEXT....

Imagine my surprise when the same lousy song was playing, at that precise moment.

It's the end I tell ya.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Gonna have an End of the World party at the bar I frequent. R.E.M. will be featured on the jukebox.
Just a good time for another Friday night party.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Past few nights in the same place when i go outside to look up at the night time sky, some shooting stars struck me as odd.

but nothing more since most nights don't usually see them.

Not unusual, that was the last meteor shower of the year, the Geminids. I caught some at beginning of last week, missed the peak on the 14th do to bad weather.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Thought so 2 nites in a row the ended their journey less than 5 feet from me and 5 feet above me.

They completely burned up before hitting, same place.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well if a big meteor hits and destroys the Earth i hope it hits me right on the head so i don't see it coming. But seriously i think people are numbed to it and know that there is nothing they can do about it irregardless. It is Christmas and there is big news on the media outlets. Plenty of distractions that can be talked about. Why talk about something you have no real control over. If it happens it happens. If not, life goes on.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

at least you got rain,
here in montana its snow..
4" so far this morning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join