It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 days left - What are you seeing in the real world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
With all the hype of 12/21/12, I notice that it's not as explosive on the Internet as I thought it would be, although I'm not surprised. With not a single prediction coming to pass this year, everybody is tired. They all believe that this date will pass by like all the other failed predictions, and they could be right.

However, what does surprise me is the sheer apathy toward this date in the real world. At the very least, I would expect some people to be taking advantage of this date to get free stuff, but from what I can see, everybody simply doesn't care about it anymore. In my local Walmart and other stores I go to, everything is stocked like normal. It is nothing like what happened a week before Y2K.

Is this just in my area? Are people talking about this date elsewhere? I keep reading stories on the Internet about people panicking and shelves being empty, but I'm just not seeing it here.

Is this just the calm before the storm?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I haven't heard the MSM make too much fuss about it. Perhaps that tells us something.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
However, what does surprise me is the sheer apathy toward this date in the real world.

Yeah, a few people at work have mentioned it casually in the last few months but nobody is taking it seriously.

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Is this just the calm before the storm?

I think its the calm before the calm.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Yes it is the calm before the storm, that storm being Christmas morning. What a terrible fate....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I was writing the same thing...

you beat me to it !..

Actually the only thing they stated pretttty pretttty clear is that "Nothing is going to happen!"..

So what am I supposed to do now if I generally do not believe a single they spit out?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well.. for one I was hoping that physics would be warped enough so I wouldn't have to wait so long for my coffee to brew.

So far my coffee still takes a bit of time and I am beginning to doubt this whole "crossing the Galactic Plane" 2012 stuff.

Oh well... life goes on and will continue to do so.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Everyone has realised that this "prophecy" is in fact a turd ejected from a male cow. Those hoping for Nibiru are now hoping on WWIII or a solar storm to deliver their doom. If you prepare and expect doom then your life will bring no joy. Sad really.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I am patiently waiting for the thunder of Cognitive Dissonance...
...the rush of devotees trying to explain why nothing happen.

edit on 17/12/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Where I live, no one cares about it either. I'm sure everyone knows about it, but the idea is too damn silly for someone to talk about it more seriously than joking (which also happens rarely). For me, ATS is the only place where I see people discussing the idea.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gmacev

They just shot down 20 6 year olds in an elementary school -- people know what they are capable of doing.

Silence......

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

The tactically correct thing for the elites to do would be to calm the masses, and horde resources for themselves... Thus the MSM would "assure" the public that nothing was to happen. BUT that being said, you are correct in that y2k was a bit larger of a deal in even the media prior to its occurrence, and nothing happened there. What is the benefit for pretending that something like that would happen when actually it wouldn't? Who benefits?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

I am patiently waiting for the thunder of Cognitive Dissonance...
...the rush of devotees trying to explain why nothing happen.

It's raining here in Portland OR.

Could be something....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
well we will all be panicking soon for that last christmas gift ..... but i have bean seeing more doomsday programs on tv as it comes up saying " DOOMSDAY WEEK " on national geographic channel .....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempestking
well we will all be panicking soon for that last christmas gift ..... but i have bean seeing more doomsday programs on tv as it comes up saying " DOOMSDAY WEEK " on national geographic channel .....

Same with The History Channel. They have been cashing in on this big time lately.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
All of the disturbing things about shootings in the media aside, it's been pretty calm on the internet regarding this topic.

In the waking world, all seems par for the course. In the metaphysical (which is my area of expertise) I feel something brewing. The collective consciousness of our society is feeling this urge to "get it over with" one way or another, whether consciously or subconsciously (I personally feel like a kid on Christmas Eve...but not in a good way). Coming from a spiritual/metaphysical standpoint, being an empath is not a fun time right now. I wake every morning bombarded with concerns and fears that are not my own. I've done well for the past 29 years of my life shutting these things out, learning how to protect my mind and body from these bombardments, but the proverbial dam broke only a few hours ago. I woke from a very bad dream/vision/whatever and could not go back to sleep. This rarely, if ever, happens to me. I've been in a constant state of fight or flight mode for the better part of three hours.

Honestly, I guess we have an equal chance of just going through the day as we do of seeing something monumental happen.....if you believe that in an infinite universe, anything is possible. Just my thoughts. I'm not going with some scientific study to prove that.

Just in case (as I always like to be prepared) I'll be spending the day before and the "eve of destruction" with friends, family, and my soul mate. This world is becoming more unpredictable by the second (then again, most will argue that it's always unpredictable, and they wouldn't be wrong), and I want to make sure that I have all my bases covered.

I just find it rather ominous that NASA, the MSM, The White House, etc. has gone out of their ways for the past few years to "debunk" this "myth" when only 13 years ago they were promoting "computer Armageddon" with Y2K. They scared a lot of people with that one, because it was more tangible. They leave the 2012 stuff to the fringe element of our society: i.e. people like us, so much so, that they marginalize it and make people feel stupid for even researching it. Now there is calm silence while the entire world (skeptics and believers) alike wait with baited breath for that day to come. I guess we'll know either way in five short days.

-TS
edit on 17-12-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: edited to add content.

edit on 17-12-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If the elite knew anything do you think they would let society mimic them in their preparations to the extent that store shelves would empty? I think its rolling along as to be expected, if you believe in 2012 doomsday scenarios then you are considered a whack job. On the fringe of society. If you believe in ascension then you are a new age nut job. We won't know until it the 21st, but one thing I expect is earthquakes. It seems to me this kinda alignment will produce big quakes, probably Yellowstone popping off. IF not then get on with it already, 2013 here we come. no offense to anyone on this site btw, thats my interpretation of how the media wants us to be viewed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think people are just weary. It's a world full of people predicting stuff, has been since the beginning of recorded time and when it comes to getting it right in advance - humanity's track record is pretty poor. Abysmal actually. Just in my own lifetime;
- Harmonic Convergence will do us in
- Several events (comets, meteors, various types of eclipses and so on) will do us in
- A second alignment of the planets will will for sure this time really do us in
- Christ should have arrived a dozen or so times by now (over triple that number of times for armageddon hitting)
- Aliens should have arrived at least few times I can think of off the top of my head
- A bunch of people promised long healthy lives by psychics and various religious crazies croaked anyway.
- A bunch of buildings, bridges and tunnels predicted to fall based on writings in ancient texts never did
- World peace was predicted twice I can recall and well those dates came and went without incident well except war
- None of the specific dates given by Pat Robertson have revealed anything other than he could never pick a date
- Oral Roberts never left us with a new martyrs death as a holiday to mark on our calendars by dying as promised
- Patriarchy hasn't as promised many times over gone the way of the dodo bird/become obsolete by the year 2000
- The predictions made by J. Jones, Rev Moon, the Hail Bops some 20+ other cults - all wrong
- The predictions of many religious leaders (in addition to standard Jesus/Antichrist arriving any day now ones) all wrong
- Lots of "USA will fall" on this date curses, made quite a few dictators look impotent, small and stupid when it didn't
- Lots of dead people who were supposed to come back to life didn't
- Massive asteroids landing and blasting us dead/into a crippling ice age - twice those dates came and went
- If Jews would just listen to certain Christian leaders they'd know when to expect full restoration of the Temple or er well perhaps not, at least not until guessing again they give another prediction concerning which year this is to come to pass, so inevitably that day comes and goes and well still there the Temple lies in ruble and ruin
- The cure for cancer has been just around the corner/likely achievable within the next decade twice. Which I'm sure has been a tremendous relief for all all those people who have passed away from it during the years between the 1970's and now.
- And of course there was Y2K

And well you if you go online I'm sure you can find a zillion more
Basically you know it's like that story of the boy who cried wolf. After awhile people just get tired of listening to alarmists - Just kidding, false alarm! and working themselves up over and over again. Some amount of it people can handle because we're all built for flight or fight and and a certain amount of panic, worry, dashing about and frantically clearing out the shelves in grocery store isles is good for us. But long term gearing up for major life threatening events that never occur or pining away, waiting/hoping /holding out for good stuff (depending on how you view things like the end of the world as we know it) that never comes our way causes all kinds of stress. Plays hell with our cortisol levels starts taking years away from rather than adding time to our lives. People need some amount of calm and they do need to get the cookie every now and then or else well they go mad. Humans can only stand the ups and downs of scary ride roller coasters so long. It's kind of common sense/human nature that if you find yourself feeling nauseous on the merry go round don't just stand there continuing to feel ill, for Pete's sake step off! And I think that's what a lot of people do when it comes to all this prophesy stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
You know the more I research this, the more crazy it sounds. I really don't know what I believe. Is anybody looking out for big CEO's, bankster presidents, govt officials etc taking early vacations, or just simply staying out of the news. I don't know.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well maybe the reason why its getting so calm on the internet is because people that don't believe it are calling people that do believe in it nut cases. However what does the Mayans have to profit from the calendar and all the doomsday stuff? Nothing. And I have noticed all the governments out there are telling people nothing will happen, but then again if an asteroid was about ready to hit us dead on would they tell us? Hell no, so why believe the government? Either way I am prepared for the winter so if anything happens, well I guess I am ready for it. If nothing happens, so be it but either way I didn't buy any extras.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I drank A LOT at my works christmas party on Saturday night. I never had even the slightest hangover on Sunday. I dont drink very often at all as I am a complete pussy the day after and it usually takes me about 3 days to feel normal again.

So WTF is going on? Am I suddenly ascending to a higher state of conciousness just like some have predicted?

I hope so as if this is the effect them I'm going start drinking heavily!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join