It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN & White Hose: Obama to ban all Assault Weapons - can he do so Unilaterally?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, it doesn't appear that I have any guns classified as assault weapons under the current classification. I was a little concerned about my desert eagle. If they are going to confiscate this gun they better compensate me for it's true value.
edit on 17-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I guess for you people 20 killed kids isn't enough.

And your guess is correct. 20 is not enough. Evil still exists and there will be many more deaths in the battle against evil.

We are all born to die. The individual life is temporary. We understand that evil exists and we are constantly battling it. We are all on the front line. We send our children to die in battles overseas. We see our children die in battles in our front yard. Giving up our weapons would be the worst thing we could do. Never give up. Always fight for what is right.

You must understand that there is a cold war taking place. The enemy of America wants you to give up and roll over.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Originally posted by Mrgone

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
How weird is it to have military-grade weapons in your home?

Guns for hunting and pistols for self-defense should really be enough. Anything else is for massive orgies of killing, therefore inappropriate for a household.

As a marine I carried a pistol, a shotgun and an m-16. Sanctioned military weapons. Or, common weapons.

I think that your problem may be with the weapon part. Not the military part

Yes, I know that those weapons are LEGAL. Are they LOGICAL to have them? I deny that. One doesn't need a weapon which is able to penetrate armor in his/her home.

Please tell me which ones that are legal can penetrate armor without special ammunition available in any caliber.

I doubt a 223/5.56 is capable of penetrating armor if using non armor piercing frangeable bullets. I absolutely can't stand when people who know nothing about these weapons make blanket statements like that. These military grade firearms are less powerful and less accurate than most of the bolt action rifles that are out there. The advantage to them is the ability to put many bullets down range in a short time without losing sight of your target. Also I have to disagree with your classification that armor penetration isn't needed to defend oneself. In the recent mass shooting cases both suspects wore ARMOR! gun debates are senseless if you ignore the underlying issue which is the hate that is spread through media, social sites, and the permeation of bad mental health care.

Standard FMJ 55 grain 5.56/.223 ammunition fired from a 16" 1:7 twist barrel can indeed penetrate 1/2" thick steel plating, soft armor, and ceramic body armor up to level III plates.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
some stats to consider when thinking it will be easy for a gun grab er ban nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com... we all know this is out of date data b8ut then it is NBC

According to the Congressional Research Service, in 2009 there were an estimated 310 million firearms in the United States (not including weapons on military bases), of which 114 million were handguns, 110 million were rifles, and 86 million were shotguns. The current population of the United States, according to the Census, is around 314 million.
good luck getting them all, this will could not happen, ok over a 10 or 20 year period, but then how many will kill over the right to keep and bear arms how many will die form the gun grab Der boots on door?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread and it may have been said already, but a ban on assault weapons even prior to the latest school shooting would not have stopped the incident. The kid had an AR15 but it was IN HIS CAR. He did all of the shooting with pistols. If the government is pushing for a ban on assault weapons then this would be the wrong incident to push the platform.....It would be the equivalent of banning liquor but not wine or beer....retarded argument.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join