It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN & White Hose: Obama to ban all Assault Weapons - can he do so Unilaterally?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I guess for you people 20 killed kids isn't enough.

Not like every person who owns a gun is mentally unstable and going to go kill people.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Havox

True but then there are them that say
"From my could dead hands"
This in it self is fuel for the grabbers , this is going to real bad for all, for your either with them or against them, this is for both sides, your for gun owner ship, or against it.

No middle ground, why can not they just say yes it is time to put up the 10 round or more clips, ban the sale of semi autos , there can not be that many varmints left.... no they will want the right the need for 30 rounds or more clips, the need for semi autos to mow down cans and bottles as fast as they can or turn Dear/game in to Swiss cheese, just for the trophy not the need for meat.
yes semis are fun to shoot , but then why do you need more than 10 rounds in any case 223 are for dear i get that but do you need more than 10 rounds, other than shooting cans/bottles?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What about all the children Obama kills in his drone strikes? When will that be enough?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havox

Not like every person who owns a gun is mentally unstable and going to go kill people.

No, only those that think 20 dead 6 and 7 year olds is an acceptable price to pay for them to own a penis replacing AR/AK.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

ah yes the ever present if you own guns you must have a small penis line of thinking.....i guess the women who own guns just decided they would be a better option then a strap on? ridiculous arguments like this are why people laugh at you anti gun people you just dont get it you fear guns because you often dont own them and fear things you dont understand or are scared of ....kinda like how interracial marriage used to be feared as undermining the sanctity of marriage and would ruin us all(hint it didnt) just like before women had the right to vote because men were "afraid" of loosing some kind of power they may or may not have had,the same way blacks used to be counted as less then one person because the whites inpower in some areas feared uprisings and violence from these "uppity" blacks if we gave them rights and the ability to vote,the same fear that keeps christian fundies from letting gay marriage happen because they think letting gays marry will be the end of the world....kinda like how people wanan ban guns because a SMALL percentage of people COULD go nuts with their guns we need to ban them out of the FEAR of something happening vs actual risk to the general populace
edit on 17-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
How weird is it to have military-grade weapons in your home?

Guns for hunting and pistols for self-defense should really be enough. Anything else is for massive orgies of killing, therefore inappropriate for a household.

See, This is a large part of the problem. People who keep spouting off and asserting their beliefs but don't have a CLUE what their talking about.
I am not singling out you specifically but everyone like you. If you want to take a stand on something I applaud you and am glad you have the convictions to stand on your beliefs.

But for Christ sake, at least know what your arguing about and have some facts!

Exactly what military grade weapons do people have in their houses....please inform me.

What is a "military grade weapon"? Explain it to me please.

First of all an assault rifle is a fully automatic rifle and is what the MILITARY uses. An AR-15 is NOT the same thing even though to a non gun person they look the same. (LOOK THE SAME - NOT THE SAME)

An assault rifle is something like a fully automatic AK47 or an M4A1

An SKS is not an assault rifle
An AR-15 is not an assault rifle
An semi-auto AK47 is not an assault rifle

The last time they banned "assault rifles" in the 1990's it lowered crime 0%. You know why?
Because very, very, very little crimes are committed with those evil assault rifles.
It is just stupid legislation to make ignorant people feel like they are doing something....when their not.

You want to save lives for real? Seriously? REALLY do something to help bring down senseless killings?

Let's address the mental health problem in this country so people who are seriously mentally ill can either get help or get locked up.

America has a mental health problem, not a gun problem.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

Originally posted by Havox

No, only those that think 20 dead 6 and 7 year olds is an acceptable price to pay for them to own a penis replacing AR/AK.

Getting rid of citizen's guns won't stop that. A criminal will get the guns another way, just like drug dealers still deal drugs.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

And other people make up for gross inadequacy by using a tsunami of words. Can't get it done with a couple of lines.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

Guns for hunting and pistols for self-defense should really be enough. Anything else is for massive orgies of killing, therefore inappropriate for a household.

As a marine I carried a pistol, a shotgun and an m-16. Sanctioned military weapons. Or, common weapons.

I think that your problem may be with the weapon part. Not the military part

Yes, I know that those weapons are LEGAL. Are they LOGICAL to have them? I deny that. One doesn't need a weapon which is able to penetrate armor in his/her home.

Your ignoance is showing as none of the above weapons can pierce armour.....
The fear word repetoire you spout so effortlessly is based on the assumption i am ignorant.....
You sir are in need or education before parrotting others non sense psycho-babble

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Isn't enough for what? Don't be aa drone. I say take meaningful action, correct our gutted out mental healthcare system in the states. Make safety a priority att these no guns allowed, indefensible zones (schools, malls, etc).

The idea that gun are the problem is idiotic. Its an answer for the mindless who need an answer.

So in a year or two are you going to be saying "obviously we have to get 3D printers out of the hands of the mentally ill, no matter the cost! And ban gun powder too!"
edit on 17-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

You are right! Remember that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Getting rid of citizen's guns won't stop that. A criminal will get the guns another way, just like drug dealers still deal drugs.

This shooter wasn't a criminal until he decided to blow away 20 babies. No criminal record.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

This shooter wasn't a criminal until he decided to blow away 20 babies. No criminal record.

He was Mentally ill. Why can't we address the root of the problem? This isn't about guns, its about a young man that belonged in an Asylum.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

How weird would it be if Obama literally came to your house and asked for your gun?

That's about as likely as anyone else coming for mine. Not gonna happen

Id shoot the bastard right n the face and say my cataracts are playing up i thought he was an intruder

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

As a marine I carried a pistol, a shotgun and an m-16. Sanctioned military weapons. Or, common weapons.

I think that your problem may be with the weapon part. Not the military part

Yes, I know that those weapons are LEGAL. Are they LOGICAL to have them? I deny that. One doesn't need a weapon which is able to penetrate armor in his/her home.

Please tell me which ones that are legal can penetrate armor without special ammunition available in any caliber.

I doubt a 223/5.56 is capable of penetrating armor if using non armor piercing frangeable bullets. I absolutely can't stand when people who know nothing about these weapons make blanket statements like that. These military grade firearms are less powerful and less accurate than most of the bolt action rifles that are out there. The advantage to them is the ability to put many bullets down range in a short time without losing sight of your target. Also I have to disagree with your classification that armor penetration isn't needed to defend oneself. In the recent mass shooting cases both suspects wore ARMOR! gun debates are senseless if you ignore the underlying issue which is the hate that is spread through media, social sites, and the permeation of bad mental health care.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Not weird at all I have trained on, used and carried off and on military grade weapons from 1984 (when I enlisted in the Army) to present. I have a fully auto AK and AR both. I have a few semi-auto AK's of various types and 3 AR style weapons in various calibers that are semi-automatic. I have a SOCOM M1, which is the absolute bomb and my favorite. I have an M14 with a scope, with which I can still make 9/10 headshots at 800m (used to be better 9/10 out to 1200m) but frankly the eyes go in the mid -forties for everyone.

See, I went to Sniper School in the Army, also was in Special Forces. I carried these weapons for America for 24 years. Why all of the sudden when I am in America should I all of the sudden not be trusted to use them responsibly?

Guns for hunting and pistols for self-defense should really be enough.

Says who? I like to collect weapons, shoot them and trade them with my friends - it's called a hobby in modern parlance. Why should I have my hobby choices limited because some 20 something didn't get enough hugs from his mommy and went bat # crazy and killed some people?

Anything else is for massive orgies of killing, therefore inappropriate for a household.

I have never killed anyone with one of my private collection. Sure, many a paper target and beer can have met their ends at my lethal hands but they have never been used in anger or even self defense. I don't ever hope to have to. I have had enough killing to last me a lifetime.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The millions of Jews Hitler killed is enough for me,people need to and have a humanitarian obligation to be armed and prepared to defend themselves and their countrys at all times.If the ETs say they wont play in our sandbox if we all have guns tell them to fluff off.

Trust who you want its your life,but dont cry for help when you are being suppressed.

I just dont see gun control flying,not in the USA,never,even in Canada it has been a huge fraud.

Canadians can apply for a concealed carry permit so says the Federal laws because the government was sued and had to capitulate,but then to screw all Canadians in the royal arse,all of the Provincial[State]Firearms Officers who are the men who authorise the permits Provincially after the Federal application is made COLLUDED TOGETHER AND AGREED TO NOT ISSUE THESE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS TO CANADIANS IN GENERAL,out of 38 million people there are like 20 permits issued Canada-wide,this is atrocious and it is criminal it is collusionary and it defeats Canadian citizens due rights and freedoms in a quasi-illegal manner.If you have had THREE clearly documented--meaning Police investigated -attempts on your very life ,this is insane and suppressive.This is what you have coming if you dont do something immediatly,everyone break the bank and start buying guns while it is still early.

Food for thought--an egg-sized rock is lethal from medium to close distance.Just make sure if you have any in your pockets in Canada that you ARE NOT carrying them for self defense or you WILL be arrested and charged.Seriously,same with a knife,if you say it is for self defense you are arrested,if you carry it to whittle wood its ok.You see its so fraudulent that they even refuse to allow you to carry stones if they are for self-defense,self defense is OUTLAWED in Canada.

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
As a sidenote,I watch people carrying automatic weapons of all sorts on the evening news,many different countrys and i have NEVER EVER seen a person open up and wipe out a group of people.Have you.

I hope this sheds a little light on the absurdity of gun control and laws that disarm the population.

As far as Americans go you need go no further than the JFK murders to see exactly why the population NEEDS weapons,just research all of the JFK data and that will be enough to change your life forever.It changed mine,I am as scared as hell,and I am not even American,because there is NO WAY the data we have today can be denied and no American --not even a Federal Judge with a terminal disease can find the courage to open this cold case and give america the truth,many sites claim a Coupde tat occured in Dallas.I know that from the data we can see the Secret Service were active participants willingly or otherwise,we can HEAR more than 3 gunshots,with new data the case is virtually solved,but something is stopping disclosure and this is exactly why a call for american arms will result in civil disobedience to the tenth degree.There is no option for Obama to even try to do such a thing.

If you think the current administration would be recognised if a coup de tat is proven then you are more hopeful than I am,and as I said google it and research it and then be like me,very very afraid--because the group that colluded to commit that murder is STILL in POWER ,they are still calling the shots so to speak.Count up the dead witnesses since that day in Dallas,learn about the doctors and the hundreds of others who are now telling their storys online,the Warren Comission must be stricken from history as the fraud it is,even the attempt in the 70s was suppressed and stopped many believe illegally.So if you REALLY think this will never be made clear then you are nuts.----and the more internet exposure the proof gets the worse the american position.I mean people have used technology to PROVE many many things--evidence does NOT need to come out of a courtroom to be deemed to be PROOF.Americans and people all over the world do NOT NEED ANOTHER WARREN COMMISSION because we all have the INTERNET,and we are all making our own judgment GLOBALLY for goodness sakes,globally---not regionallyWhy isnt anyone aknowledging this when they discuss any type of gun control in the USA.Obama doesnt have this option because of unsettled business in Dallas,he will make history all right if he does anything really at all of any consequence in this term because I dont believe Americans will trust him,if he wants gun control then he needs to first give up ALL the guilty people from Dallas that day--then he will be respected and can try to regulate guns more.

And really I think the fact that other powerful american foes are just sitting quietly and waiting for the implosion like a depth charge in the engine room at 300 meters is terrifying because it is the equivilant of a beachhead.That is the very definition of National Security threat-hows that for a reason for Obama to turn the cowards in so the people may have their own Big Event.Seriously.

Does anyone else not think that it took major intelligence groups to decipher that day in Dallas--it wasnt regular people,so this is counter-intel operations already,then we see a trauma like this and obama is being pressured into making a play to control guns-----someone is creating a domestic pressure cooker and it is clear and obvious You really need to youtube the JFK murder to understand what I am talking about and aknowledge that literally tens of millions of americans are watching this and making their own decisions in the Peoples Court.Can you imagine Obama trying to force new gun laws on people when a potential coup de tat is being exposed and virtually proven onlineThis is no longer funny.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

White Hose? How tacky, only old ladies where those!

Ok, on to a serious topic. I don't think he can actually. The last AW Ban was a congressional bill and this would have to be too. I doubt he could get it passed though.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

is that all you have?you keep your fear ill keep my guns

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join