It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN & White Hose: Obama to ban all Assault Weapons - can he do so Unilaterally?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by minnow

Washington (CNN) -- The White House said President Barack Obama supports reinstatement of a federal ban on assault weapons -- a position he took in the 2008 campaign but failed to press during his first term.

Because had he pressed it during his first term there wouldn't have been a second and he knew it....

So really the time is right. It is now or never.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

montana for one and where in anything did i say that i was unloading a magazine into a pack of wolves....i said they are nice to have if you run into a pack out hunting(has not happened to me but happened to a hunter with an elk in my area last season) and as far as finding better ways to avoid the bears and wolves what would you suggest i got to a hunting farm and do a canned hunt......that's ridiculous the things i hunt happen to live in the areas of the bears and wolves(they live there ya know)so kinda hard to do that.and on a side note as wolves travel in packs of up to 12 or more i pefer to have a gun capible of firing more bullets then there may be wolves where as the hunter with a single shot as opposed to "multi shot" as you put it would most likely end up food for the wolves.

you dont like guns fine dont buy one leaves more for me to buy but dont try to use a tragic situation for your own political gain

www.spokesman.com... article on the wolves in the incident and since it happend wolves have been delisted ,i see about 5 "smoke a pack aday" bumper stickers going into town so they are not to popular in my region

edit on 17-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
my guess... an old sying tells it all....

"who lives by the sword......shall die by the sword"

US is for centuries in battle in the whole world and each-other !!!......... so violence is deeply integrated in the american sociaty

they are used to it living that way...... pitty that it is also an great export product..

just close douwn the weapon factories.... thats all it needs....
but I assume the greed for profit shall always win....wat ever it wil cost on human lives...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

no indiana jones proved that those who live by the sword get shot in the chest by those with a gun

www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yet 10 afghan girls are killed by an landmine...

the salesman of the mine will tell you that the mine was an top quality product...
durable / effective and deadly under all circumstances....

perhaps showing you pic's of the trauma on the girs body;s.....
hopefully it wassend an western produced mine.....so we can wash oure hands clean...again......

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
It will be a mandatory surrender. Each town will have a depot and everyone will surrender their arms.

If you do not you will be a felon

That's what they did here. Hopefully, they'll even give you a few bucks for them.

Since they're using this latest shooting as an excuse to ban "assault weapons", I wonder if they will re-define "assault weapons" to include handguns too?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So they ban guns and guess what happens? We get suicide bombers instead of suicide shooters.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

10 killed by one land mine? thats a bold claim....and if im not mistaken we are not using mines in Afghanistan (as far as i know) but if we were im sure they would not be in civilian areas and the general location of the mines reported as per the conditions and terms of warfare set forth in the Geneva convention

but the alleged 10 girls could have stepped on a old Russian mine as they tossed them out like candy when they were there but ten at once not likely or at least VERY unlucky

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
A woman in our town got a restraining order against her ex boyfriend, they took his guns away.

He broke into her house last night and slit her throat. She was 33 years old with young children.

Criminals and psychos will always find a way.

Better law abiding citizens have a way to protect themselves.....with guns if they choose.

edit on 17-12-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

You got the message.... its alll about FEAR.........its used against you....
as long as you fear.... you will kill for it and BUY the means to do so.....

edit on 17-12-2012 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

does it matter WHO planted it there?? it was there ...
you tell me that no western country is producing landmines ?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
How weird would it be if Obama literally came to your house and asked for your gun?

That's about as likely as anyone else coming for mine. Not gonna happen

How does one come to a homeless guy's house to ask for his gun??

Jokes apart, I am starting to think the last few were false flags done in order to institute gun-control sans-resistance from the bulk of the population, infact many are clamouring for it already.

So Obama, with his "drying tears where there were none" speech is gearing up to push it through now.

My 2 cents!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

no were making them like candy were just not using them problay other then the ocasional claymore,there MIGHT be a few around bases but those would be clearly marked per international regulations (the feild not each individual mine) and while mines are generaly not liked in this day and age most but not all of nato land mines contain either a self destruct device or are programed to go off after a set ammount of time(could have some in storage somewhere that are older) other then cuba and the DMZ in korea i cant think of any large scale mine fields that the usa employs today

they are more a large scale combat and or area denial weapons system designed to either deny easy use to the enemy or funnel them into your defenses so they can either choose to flee,charge into your guns or step on a mine,its not like we just toss german shoe box mines around like every one did in ww2

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It really amazes me how some people just don't get it.
The number of assault rifles used in crimes vs. the number of legally owned rifles in the hands of citizens is so small as to be statistically insignificant. The number of assault rifles used in "mass murder" incidents is an even smaller percentage of that. Not even 1 percentage point.

By comparison, the number of automobiles used in crimes vs legally owned is much, much higher. The number of automobiles that kill more than 1 person each year is also much, much higher.

Where's the mass movements to ban cars?

This is what's called a "knee jerk" reaction. Scum bag shoots a lot of people then banning guns will prevent this from happening. Sadly that's just not true.

The politicians want to take guns away and will use any excuse possible to do so. Just like they wanted to chip away at our civil liberties so they used 911 to do so.

When they banned guns in the UK the number of home invasions and crimes against private property went through the stratosphere. The criminals still have guns and a knife or any heavy object will do when you know there's no one with a gun in the home to protect themselves with.

This led to a huge number of home owners stabbing criminals. What did the govt do? They made stabbing a criminal in your own home illegal.

Then home owners began using baseball bats to protect themselves. You guessed it, now baseball bats are a dangerous weapon and using one against a criminal in your own home will result in your being jailed in the UK.

No one wants to hear the real truth from the experts who deal with this kind of crime. There is no weapons ban known to man that will stop these kind of incidents. The people bent on committing these acts will find a way and a weapon. It's a fact the worst school mass murder in the US was committed with a bomb and anyone with any knowledge of explosives will confirm there is no legislation possible to prevent someone from building a bomb if they are so motivated. It's literally impossible to create a ban of substances that can be used to do this.

We had an assault weapons ban not that long ago, how did that work out for lowering crimes? Oddly enough a reduction in gun crimes didn't begin until long after that ban expired (and continues today).

You need to know who / what you're up against in this. If big government wants to ban guns they don't have to create false flag shootings or use mind control. They can simply cut the budgets for mental health services and sit back and wait for the results.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
See my thread on "GUN CONTROL: How it will go down" on how and where in the time line he will act executively (unilaterally by fiat and without the legislative branch). Gun Control will proceed incrementally at first and thru Congress....then he will drop the hammer with the EO (thru the BATFE).

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I guess for you people 20 killed kids isn't enough.

Dont say that. It may led them to kill more untill it is enough.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
How weird is it to have military-grade weapons in your home?

Guns for hunting and pistols for self-defense should really be enough. Anything else is for massive orgies of killing, therefore inappropriate for a household.

It wouldnt have been strange at all if you were a Jew in 1930s Germany.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

How weird is it to have military-grade weapons in your home?

Guns for hunting and pistols for self-defense should really be enough. Anything else is for massive orgies of killing, therefore inappropriate for a household.

As a marine I carried a pistol, a shotgun and an m-16. Sanctioned military weapons. Or, common weapons.

I think that your problem may be with the weapon part. Not the military part

Yes, I know that those weapons are LEGAL. Are they LOGICAL to have them? I deny that. One doesn't need a weapon which is able to penetrate armor in his/her home.

With respect to your point I have to tell you.....that is the type of weapon that is needed.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Then way didn't he do anything about it his first two years in office when he had control of all branches??

Cheap posturing. He knows he doesn't even have all Democrats on this.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

what do you think it will be? "ok here is a street or city we have x amount of guns in there,... go get them! ...

No it will be a
"we are asking for all that have semi autos, this type of ammo, ie.223, to turn them in , a cash for gun program has been set up".

now if you should fail or refuse to turn them in then

" we will be knocking on your door,fail to produce them go to jail"

It will not be a full scale "grab" or door to door search, it will be a one by one, starting with the ones that have more than one, and say good by to the gun shows that have parking lot sales , you will no longer be able to buy or sell your own gun, same with on line sales, not unless you get a seller's permit, it will not end there,
for some will do the ,
"from my cold dead hands"
and this will be fruitless just more fuel to the fire, it will turn will become "Turn you neighbor in if you know him her to have... get reward!",

So see do not say no never for that will put you in their xhairs. say it would be, could be the end of the days for the 223 and the like semi autos, more than 10 round clips, or having more than 500 rounds that too could be limited too 100 and no more than one fire arm per household.

Do not for get the UN is part of this as well.
Think it can not happen look up the 1967 FFL act, the act that says you can not own a full auto, sawed off shot gun ect ect.
but can buy the right to have one,
plane text "you pay a tax then yes you can have a 30 cal 50cal or m60 or all in full auto"

edit on 17-12-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join