It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That They Are NOT Coming For Your Guns!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Over the past several days the rhetoric, nationwide, about the Second Amendment the Constitution of the United States of America has not only been constant - but also highly speculative and largely uninformed. The people are still in spasms and contortions of fear, screaming that they will not give up their guns - even as many utilize hyperbolic conjecture to stir the pot and blindly fuel the fear of the collective masses.

We are all aware of the three recent spree shootings, perpetrated by masked men, fracturing our already unsteady and highly divided nation into splintered factions. The ever decreasing centrists, being forced either to the left or the right by the divisive and inflammatory rhetoric that seems to be the norm currently. Three tragic events, in my opinion unrelated, but now forever tied together by the machinations of those who wish to utilize propaganda and fear mongering tactics to further their own agendas. Opportunists willing to stand atop the bodies of the fallen in pursuit of their own goals and ends.

Anyone who has turned on a television, listened to a radio, or logged onto just about any news based Internet site is woefully aware of the debate raging around them right now... the fear that, like some plague, is filling the populace with irrational and emotional thoughts. This is obvious everywhere, as it is here, on ATS.

Three days ago, President Obama swiftly released the following Proclamation, regarding the deadly shooting spree in Newtown, Connecticut:

Presidential Proclamation -- Honoring the Victims of the Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut

HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE TRAGEDY IN NEWTOWN, CONNECTICUT

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, December 18, 2012. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fourteenth day of December, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

BARACK OBAMA

Source

This is standard in such events, and to be expected.

Given the recent events, I had not bothered checking the White House site for the past several days. I, like many of you, have been emotionally torn and drawn in by the two very recent shooting sprees and the fallout from them. Mourning the dead, feeling a great empathy for the families of the victims, and trying to make sense of it all.

So imagine my surprise when I found this, additional, Presidential Proclamation - issued the same day as the one above December, 14, 2012:

Presidential Proclamation -- Bill of Rights Day, 2012

BILL OF RIGHTS DAY, 2012

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

When President Franklin D. Roosevelt recognized the 150th anniversary of our Nation's Bill of Rights, he called it the "great American charter of personal liberty and human dignity." He understood that the freedoms it protects -- among them speech, worship, assembly, and due process -- are freedoms that reinforce one another. They form the bedrock of the American promise, and we cannot fully realize one without realizing them all. Today, as we work to reinforce human rights at home and around the globe, we reaffirm our belief that government of the people, by the people, and for the people inspires the stability and individual opportunity that serve as a basis for peace in our world.

In adopting the 10 Constitutional Amendments that make up the Bill of Rights, the Framers sought to balance the power and security of a new Federal Government with a guarantee of our most basic civil liberties. They acted on a conviction that rings as true today as it did two centuries ago: unlocking a nation's potential depends on empowering all its people. The Framers also called upon posterity to carry on their work -- to keep our country moving forward and bring us ever closer to a more perfect Union.

Generations of patriots have taken up that challenge. They have been defenders who stood watch at freedom's frontier, marchers who broke down barriers to full equality, dreamers who pushed America from what it was toward what it ought to be. Now it falls to us to build on their work. On Bill of Rights Day, we celebrate the liberties secured by our forebears, pay tribute to all who have fought to protect and expand our civil rights, and rededicate ourselves to driving a new century of American progress.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim December 15, 2012, as Bill of Rights Day. I call upon the people of the United States to mark these observances with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fourteenth day of December, in the year of our Lord two thousand twelve, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

BARACK OBAMA

Source

In my opinion the timing of this statement was no accident - nor was it done without intent or purpose. This was the President of the United States, even in the wake of a profound tragedy, telling people that their rights would not be jeopardized because of the recent events.

Maybe this information will help to ease the growing rift and waves of paranoia and uncertainty that seem to have taken hold so very deeply within such a large chunk of the population.

Here, even when doing so could have proven to be a dangerous act, politically and within public opinion, the man we elected to be our highest representative, in the highest office in this land, seems to have done exactly what we would have hoped for him to do. In the face of it all, he reaffirmed our legal rights and sought to assure us that they will remain intact.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

In the face of it all, he reaffirmed our legal rights and sought to assure us that they will remain intact.

Im in no way well informed on all of your legal rights however as i understand it the Patriot Act and the TSA are currently stomping them into the dust,it wouldnt be a big stretch to include your "Right to bear arms" being infringed upon

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Seems to me that you need to realize that presidents often say one thing and do something completely different. Anyone other than me remember Reagan's "I am not a crook!" schtick? Too much trust in the wrong place can lead to disaster. Take from that what you will.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Nixon said "I am not a crook". Reagan was the one that simply said he couldn't remember having been one, so to speak "I have no clear recollection of..."

The debate on assault weapons has sparked up, but for the Senior Executive to issue an official pro Bill of Rights Proclamation, on the same day as issuing one addressing a horrendous event, such as this, speaks volumes as to intent and direction.

This Proclamation was issued with, IMO, a dual agenda. One to try and quell the inevitable rhetoric and misinformation that would ( and did ) rise after such and event. But also to let the NRA know that he's not going to do anything to irk them. They, after all, are one of the largest and most powerful lobbies in the Capitol.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Frankly Heff I agree that this doesn't really mean anything. Lots of presidents, this one included and especially say one thing and do another. Please also don't forget the president isn't all powerful. This doesn't mean I believe the Jack boots will knock on my door tomorrow and ask for my guns.

So I think this is a little lacking in the proof department. As well you obviously are experienced enough here to know that no single thread can stop the crap storm that has been kicked up here between pro- anti gun crowds. It's going to have to run it's course like everything else.

Completely unrelated Kindle Fire HD has the worst browser and auto fill of all time. Replying on ATS would be faster and easier in Morse code. I hate it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

They, after all, are one of the largest and most powerful lobbies in the Capitol.

they own us

and nobody seems to mind...

S&F

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The NRA's Post-Newtown Social Strategy: Silence

NRA officials have kept quiet in the wake of Friday's elementary school shooting in Connecticut, declining to comment publicly on the tragedy or the renewed debate on gun laws that is now taking place inside the Beltway and out of it. That's a strategy that is also being mirrored online by the pro-gun rights group.

The NRA Is Silent, But Probably Not for Long

"They are waiting for the storm to subside," Robert Spitzer, a SUNY Corland professor who studies gun control, tells USA Today. "They know that, historically, what happens is great public outrage (after mass shootings) until the political storm passes. And once that happens, then they resume standard procedures. They will work to defeat any proposed laws."

I have to wonder if it really will be back to same ole same ole this time

Don't think this one is going to blow over

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well, I certainly hope your are right, Heff. But knowing what this putative POS POTUS's ultimate agenda has been regarding the 2nd Amendment - even before taking office, I find little comfort that our rights won't be infringed upon. He has already shredded what little was left of the Constitution beyond belief, and IMO, proven to be a liar almost every time he opens his mouth.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
These people are liars and con artists.

They'll say "I fully support your right to keep and bear arms" while signing a into law magazine caps, action restrictions, "scary features" restrictions, prohibit carry, etc....

When a politician speaks all you should ever hear is "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you" because regardless of the words falling out of its mouth (I say it because politicians are not human) that monster hates you.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

The type of people we are dealing with always hedge their plans. They have a plan for any eventuality. Right now one of two things will happen, but both will likely happen eventually.

1) An assault rifle ban
2) Mass implementation of TSA to protect public property such as schools, Colleges, Universities. Eventually it will be forced on Private Schools and Colleges. Later malls etc.
3) sow the seeds for the next false flag event.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Good cause they can't have them anyhow.

I like my guns too.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Obama's statement was no accident.
He meant for everyone to think he didn't want to destroy the 2nd amendment.
Like smart shoppers who read product reviews we can do the same thing with politician's voting records.
Obama's stands on it's own and there's a lot of dead Chicagoans as proof that gun control works.
What you're saying is like standing in front of speeding truck and wishing it isn't real.
After NDAA you're gonna believe a quack like this?

edit on 27-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
www.shootingtomatoes.com... well pelosi is sure trying hard to get them or at least tax them very heavily

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
My Response: The Bill of Rights Day Proclamation is Pomp and Circumstance ("Smoke and Mirrors"). Just like BHO told us that he would not sign the NDAA, etc. The Proclamation was surely prepared well ahead of time also. The political tactic being used for this progressive agenda is to deny and then carry on. Even the POTUS, a constitutional lawyer by training, has said that he agreed with many that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms ("lower your guard now")....but since he is an outspoken proponent of banning assault weapons and handguns (while protecting your right "to hunt and defend yourselves") he and those in his administration do not respect the "infringement" wording of 2A.. I also do not believe someone who would commit fraud to hold the highest office in the land, do you?

In addition the Long Term Plan of the "progressive" globalists (which began with our own State Dept in collusion with the USSR in a joint memo to the UN in the 1960s) is to surrender sovereignty of nation-states to the UN and completely disarms civilians. The three part goal (see State Dept Publ 7277) is 1) Only the UN Peacekeeping Force will have access to combat theatre weapons, 2) Nation-States will only be allowed to keep firearms for the keeping of local law and order, 3) ALL OTHER WEAPONS (civilian) will be collected and destroyed.
edit on 27-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join