It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Arrest For Threats Of Violence In Wake of Massacre...But It's In MY Small Town.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I wasn't going to post this (although I have known about it all day now), because I didn't want to give this guy the attention he wants. Unfortunately, KIRO and KOMO (Seattle) have picked it up and ran it on tonights news...so there's no stopping it.

This is a 19 yr old that graduated from our local high School last year. My son attends this school so we know him. He is a known 'troll' on FB. After the Aurora theatre shooting, he made some horrible comments regarding how the guy was a bad shot and should have played call of duty more. I don't have those postings, so I do not want to make any misquotes...I just know that was the gist of it. Extremely inapropriate. He always made odd, wierd posts on people's FB, which got him unfriended from most.

I have a bit more knowledge about him but am not going to share it in a public forum because I really don't want to give him the satisfaction. This article gives enough...and i will leave it at that.

Following is a link to the article. It includes his FB post that has gotten him on hold pending felony harrassment charges. I am not going to quote his post. I find it incredibly offensive and while I think it's important for people crying "freedom of Speech" to realize just how far over the line this creep crossed, I still wish it hadn't been published. It is just too hurtful.

Article from KIRO News

I am also not going to post his name, or our towns name. It is in the article. I don't want to add to any of the search engines. I am still on the fence about starting this thread.....but I know it's just a matter of time and that this is legitimate news. I hope that perhaps this thread will head off any other more inflamatory, attention-grabbers. Please don't flag or star this thread.

I have personally been affected by this, because just like so many other parents in our community, my first reaction after hearing about it (before he was arrested...many people saw the post and were talking about it) is if it was safe for my son to go to school on Monday morning. This distant threat suddenly became very real and close and I'll be the first to admit that it scared me. I don't care if this kid was "just a troll" and perhaps took his normal 'routine' too far and perhaps "didn't really mean it". it was WAY over the line into where I would consider him to be a credible threat. There was a pattern of behavior and although you won't find his FB page (it was closed immediately), you can still find his Twitter and Myspace site which has the following profile picture:

(FYI...this image was also used in the news report tonight so it is not anything new)

His comments (which include threatening to go to all the schools whithin 100 miles of his house and shooting everyone) coupled with this picure is chilling, to say the least. There is debate over whether that is a pellet gun or real rifle, but I think that really doesn't matter. It is the state of mind and the image being portrayed.

So there it is. In my own backyard, and I am telling you.....it does not feel good. I am looking to our judicial system to crack down HARD on this case. To set a precedent...to get him the psychiatric help that I think is obvious he needs but to also show that this kind of threatening, sick behavior will be punished. That our society still has standards.

I'm praying that the media backlash from this doesn't drown our small community, that the fear this causes doesn't settle in.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Just another example of stupid kid.

Stupid

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
wow, how ignorant. He's just trying to get guns banned now.

Also, yes that is a real gun. It is a Ruger Mini-14 .223 rifle and he's got a 30 round mag in it in the picture. So yeah its real.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Typical white man, nothing new here.......this is what they've been doing for centuries, why is anyone surprised? All of these types of crimes are committed by angry white men. From what I see on the news, it’s ALWAYS white men. These Tea Party types are domestic terrorists. Typical white thug.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, personally I think it goes way beyond being a stupid kid. A normal/sane person does NOT say those kinds of things.

And yes...a mini 14 is what some have been saying. Certainly looks like a real gun to me too. This would show he has access to a weapon. In his post he refers to HIS sawed-off shotgun and AR.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Sawed off shotguns are illegal aren't they? If so, freedom of speech aside he posted on a social site that he owns one. That may be reason enough for police to go get him if they were so inclined.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericaNeedsToWakeUp
Typical white man, nothing new here.......this is what they've been doing for centuries, why is anyone surprised? All of these types of crimes are committed by angry white men. From what I see on the news, it’s ALWAYS white men. These Tea Party types are domestic terrorists. Typical white thug.

How off topic..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I saw this on the KOMO website earlier. Only hovered over the link because the police arrested him and it seemed like it was an older gun owner blowing off steam. A lot of people I know are rightly afraid that gun restrictions are coming.
Democrat will reintroduce assault weapons ban

I didn't read the full article, and until this post I had no idea he was 19 and he said those nightmarish things.Why would anyone want that type of attention??

Edit: Also want to add that I'm grateful I'm in the South Sound, but worried that additional coverage, especially of a local man, might inspire more people in the area. I'm glad winter break is starting soon, Perhaps the madness will end after the new year.

edit on 17-12-2012 by collietta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

I'm pro 2nd amendment, I'm glad they picked him up so quickly.

Just imagine if they'd pick up pedopphiles on the internet that quickly.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
WC, there are no words, no words.....my god, how can anyone think that killing 6 year old is a good thing??? That boy def needs help....prob hates puppies and kittens too......

I hate to see you having to go thru this in your own back yard, but thank god he was stupid enough to post such drivel and make threats so they could find the nut job before he could do any damage. I only wonder how many other nut jobs are out there with a similar mind set that'll be creeping out of the wood work and won't post anything.

Sending you lots of thoughts of peace and white light my friend.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Booked on felony harassment. If convicted, is that enough to revoke his 2nd amendment rights? If so, will he continue to blame the laws rather than his own criminal actions?

I'm betting that he and his defenders will start howling that the 1st amendment allows him to say such things. And, that subset of persons will say that his arrest is an example of the government trying to dismantle our constitution.

I am really, really tired of that sort of convoluted thinking that defies logic and reason. We have a problem in the US and we need to address it now.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I just read his comments on FB and can not get my mind to wrap around what he said.
Just can't comprehend that kind of thinking.

I believe that there are people that are just born evil.
And no amount of "therapy" will help them.

At least the officials were told about this and have him in custody.
Sorry you have to endure such a scare.....

Good luck~
snarky

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Welcome to the 4chan culture.......old school anons doing what they do best

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

You see some remote relationship to 4chan? Please, do share.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

Can't really be bothered to go in to it all again will just say......... how quickly the past is forgotten

EDIT
www.wired.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Encyclopedia Dramatica

edit on 17-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericaNeedsToWakeUp

And here you come perpetuating this hate against whites and saying the Tea Party as something to do with this?

You are as bad as that stupid kid.

You are a racist and a hate monger.

There is no indication he has anything to do with the tea party....the real tea party is non violent you twit.
edit on 17-12-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Please be bothered! You did bring it up.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Can't really be bothered to go in to it all again will just say......... how quickly the past is forgotten

EDIT
www.wired.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Encyclopedia Dramatica

edit on 17-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

I saw your post edit after my post to you. So, thanks for the response? Even if the non-answer doesn't sate my curiosity or answer the question. I'll just assume that 4chan isn't relevant to this post and that it was posted in error.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Welcome to the 4chan culture

dictionary.reference.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Back to the topic of the thread which was someone who was threatening to commit violent acts towards others, and creating fear in a community.

That must have been very scary for a parent, and I am glad that he has been detained. Threatening to commit violent acts against children or anyone, is not freedom of speech.

Originally posted by westcoast

So there it is. In my own backyard, and I am telling you.....it does not feel good. I am looking to our judicial system to crack down HARD on this case. To set a precedent...to get him the psychiatric help that I think is obvious he needs but to also show that this kind of threatening, sick behavior will be punished. That our society still has standards.

Exactly. We do have standards of behavior, and this person needs help, but also should be punished. I really dislike when I hear people saying things like "he is just a kid and does not understand what he is doing"

He understands exactly what he is doing, and it appears that he is enjoying it. Maybe action needs to be taken to show that this is not alright, and posting this kind of threat does have consequences.

I read an article about swatting (did not know what that was) and it said that teenagers just did not know that it was a serious thing to make a false call to police that causes law enforcement to respond. I do not believe that, not for a minute. These kids think this is funny, but it is not, sorry if this is off topic.
edit on 17-12-2012 by PacificBlue because: left out word

edit on 17-12-2012 by PacificBlue because: grammar oops

edit on 17-12-2012 by PacificBlue because: same

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join