Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Westboro Baptist Church Hate Group Petition Reaches 85,983 Signatures

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i think this is a great idea, they are scum of the Earth. Also Anonymous hacked all their twitter accounts, took down all their websites and posted all their personal info online. including ss# and personal phone numbers. I wonder how many pizzas they are getting tonight??

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
The funeral aspect I would have issues with (though that may sound contradictory)- maybe they should not be allowed to protest within a certain range of the funerals themselves

Isn't America a sick country when a genuine protest group like Occupy can be refused the right to gather, but a hate group like WBP can picket the funerals of murdered children?

America claims that there is a fundamental right to expression and opinion, but it always seems to depend on the circumstances and the beliefs of those who enforce the law in any particular area.

I think it's pretty disgusting that these freaks can protest at a funeral, but people in NY can't protest in the street without a permit, tape, officers beating them, mayor blocking them... that's some severely f'ed up priorities you have there.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thank you for doing the right thing. As we have previously mentioned, there is no reasoning with these people. They use depraved methods of disseminating there message of hate throughout The United States of America. We have witnessed them defaming the memories of those who sacrificed themselves for the security of our nation, disrupting the peace of the educational environment within high schools and universities, breeding hatred within the fragile minds, desecrating the name of God by protesting in the proximity of churches and mangling the biblical text to conform in accordance with there malevolent cause.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by beezzer

So are you a "stick and stones" type of person? You don't believe hateful speech can be used as a weapon today?

Are we going to nitpick?

Play strawman?

I believe in the right to free speech. If people want to face the consequences of that speech (a pop to the nose) then so be it.

But any laws abridging freedom of expression is just wrong.

What about if I stand outside your house and yell out that you're a paedophile, using a loudspeaker, every night, and create groups attesting to the fact that you're a paedophile?

Bear in mind, if you retaliate and attack me, you're the one breaking the law, and you're the one deserving of punishment.

Is that right?
edit on 18-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: fixing a spelling mistake to appease an asshat
edit on 18-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

That's "pedophile". Yes, I am a grammar nazi. If you want to discuss intelligent topics, do so with intelligent speaking skills. Otherwise, I agree with your post.

That "freedom of speech" amendment was not made so people could make their neighbors' lives a living hell. That's just asinine. Kind of like the "right to bear arms" law doesn't allow you to walk up and shoot someone.

There is no difference. Rights only apply as long as you're not causing harm. Where is the confusion coming from in this?
edit on 18-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Refer back to my post. I added more to it. I seriously don't understand where all the uncertainty is coming from.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Can we please have these cult memebers locked into a giant cage so that the family members they have picketed can kindly urinate all over them?

We can pay off some of the debt by charging a few bucks for each person. Millions will line up to urinate all over Fred Phelps and his crazy family.
"God may hate fags, Fred, but my urine is in your mouth.......yeah".

Petitions don't cause urine to flow on people. How do we achieve that?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Only 85,983 Signatures?

There should be millions.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
youtu.be...

What I find interesting is in some segments of this interview, they laugh, which really made me wonder what is really motivating these people.

They cannot be so stupid to think this sort of hate speech is going to win any souls to Christ so yea, I think there is something nefarious going on here.

Brand is funny BTW
edit on 103131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There is something very wrong with the WBC people.

A normal person feels shame when they are a target of mass hate - it's demoralising, and soul-crushing to be utterly hated. But these people seem to thrive on it, even the kids. It's just...wrong.

I think they are simply evil. If they were not out doing what they are doing, we'd have another Texas Chainsaw Massacre family on our hands, or something equally vile and repulsive.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

reply to post by beezzer

So are you a "stick and stones" type of person? You don't believe hateful speech can be used as a weapon today?

Are we going to nitpick?

Play strawman?

I believe in the right to free speech. If people want to face the consequences of that speech (a pop to the nose) then so be it.

What about if I stand outside your house and yell out that you're a paedophile, using a loudspeaker, every night, and create groups attesting to the fact that you're a paedophile?

Bear in mind, if you retaliate and attack me, you're the one breaking the law, and you're the one deserving of punishment.

Is that right?
edit on 18-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: fixing a spelling mistake to appease an asshat

Sure peanut. Freedom of speech also means you can act like a complete bastard also.

So short answer, yes.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

reply to post by beezzer

Are we going to nitpick?

Play strawman?

Is that right?

Sure peanut. Freedom of speech also means you can act like a complete bastard also.

So short answer, yes.

I'm not only acting like a bastard, I am making your life an endless, living hell, and you are innocent.

How should it be my right to do that?

If I was a woman, should it be my right to claim you raped me, even if we never met? Should I be able to make posters, and send out leaflets warning everyone that you're a rapist?

I don't believe for a second you think I should be allowed to do that unpunished by the law. There has to be more to "free speech" than saying whatever the hell you want, any place, any time. As the saying goes, free speech does not include the right to falsely shout "fire" in a crowded theater.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If that is your "free speech", beezzer, then I am all for it being outlawed.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Old but classic stuff...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Oh, don't get me wrong.

I'll punch you in the throat and have you cough up blood for a month if you were to do that to me.

Free speech is this.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

Congress shall make no law

Get it?

Congress (government) shall make no law

Thanks for playing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join