It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooting at Theater in San Antonio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by DarknStormy

If civil war in the USA broke out, im pretty sure you could loot any weapon you want, likewise the army will be involved so there will be tanks and bombs and jets and you name it.

So it really defeats the purpose of giving up your weapons in the first place? With the army though, who would they fight for? The people or the government?

People saying they need their guns to protect them from their government is not a logical position!

If you check out what they are willing to do in another country, I see the logic

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
To the poster who asked, it's been a while, what happened?

An update

UPDATED: 12:01 a.m., Monday SAN ANTONIO -- Two men were transported with unknown injuries following a shooting near the Santikos Mayan Palace 14 theater complex late Sunday. The shooting ended with a deputy shooting the suspected gunman, confirmed Lu Antu, Bexar County Sheriff's Office spokesman. The shooting occurred just before 9:30 p.m. Sunday. Antu said the suspected shooter shot a man at nearby China Garden, located in the parking lot of the 1900 block of South West Military Drive. The shooting then moved toward the Mayan movie theater, where an off-duty Bexar County Sheriff's Office deputy working security saw the suspected gunman armed. Antu said the deputy shot and hit the suspected gunman. Both shooting victims were not immediately identified by Antu. The Bexar County Sheriff's Office is the lead agency in the case, he said.

News WOAI

Don't know if this was an isolated incident (person getting revenge on someone else), or a thwarted potential copy-cat.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wow this is getting out of hand.

Should a new medical term be created?
Call it copycat shooter disorder, with only suicide or homicide as the only definite cure?
edit on 17-12-2012 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

I'm sure you could find numerous shootings around the USA today.. This is only one of them and its getting out of hand?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Oh, wow.....that's hitting WAY too close to home! I have family in San Antonio! Please, please, let this have been some jerk shooting at some jerks they knew, not another crazy! It seems to be on the south side, so this is possibly just some personal crime. Going to have to get hold of my sister later on, and see what she's heard!

Took a look, and located an article from the local paper there, with a few more details"

link
edit on 17-12-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

What the hell is going on with people right now? are these copycat shooters or what? I hate to even think these are psy-ops but this is the 3rd shooting in a public place i've read about since friday, are shootings really more of an everyday thing but now we're just very sensitive to it? something is going on....

www.thedailybeast.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Just because it is being reported more frequently doesn't mean it is happening more frequently.

I would guess that what you saw in San Antonio is more related to a fight. It is a rough part of town that the theater is in.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
No "copycat" here, just the work of TPTB trying to disarm America.

If this isn't blatantly obvious to some people by now, I don't know what will get through to them.

Arm yourself with a bat, or a pistol.

anything more is stupidity, sadly some peoples stupidity only ends in other peoples suffering.

What about people who hunt and require a rifle or a shotgun? What about people who like precision shooting with rifles? What about people who enjoy skeet shooting with shotguns? People still have the right to have hobbies, and I don't think many people want to engage in any of those activities with a pistol.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Geez. If these people think they will become famous for killing innocent people, why don't they hunt down bad people to become famous? They might even get a movie made about them. Remember the old vigilante movies? I don't understand the thought process behind killing innocent people when there are drug cartels lobbing off innocent peoples heads and they could go after those people and probably be seen as heroes.
edit on 17-12-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

The bad people might shoot back.

The innocent people (read: sheep) are just mindlessly herding themselves along oblivious to the world around them.

If you're a wolf are you going to bother chasing after a mean loan moose in the wild when there's a whole penned in yard of sheep right in front of you?

Everything follows the path of least resistance from steams of water to people and the path of least resistance for fame or infamy is causing lots of harm. Thanks to 24/7 news reporting these lunatics can check scores in real time.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

True, further proof that they are cowards.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I just wanted to get a feel for how many spree killings there were world wide.

South Africa

San Antonio TX (topic of thread)

This Counts, in my book

This was Two days ago

I am not sure of the details, I couldn't find much info

So here come the T&C patrol saying I can't use links to make my points. and talk only a little.

My point is that these things happen everyday. The shooter in OR had some sort of equipment failure but he was ready to do some serious damage to a lot of people. I am not so sure of direct mind control. or simply mental illness. Perhaps something else altogether. Just a feeling of disparity. Isolation and a need to have control of something.

These are sad events. They leave behind more collateral damage than you can comprehend. The people that know one or more of the deceased. The people that provide 'clean up' so that 'Life Can Return To Normal'.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
O.k., now the media has no choice but to stop making day-long news reports on these tragedies, because I thinks its fueling people who would ordinarily not have the impulsiveness (or sanity, for that matter) to carry out attacks to carry them out for attention and glorification.

To the conspiracy theorist: (That's if this isn't some massive operation by unseen hands, of course)

-Ghoster
edit on 17-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Alright, I got more information from my sister (who lives down there), and this doesn't seem to have been some mass shooting attempt. The news there said the guy went into a restaurant, where (she thinks) his ex-girlfriend worked. He was chased from there into the theater, and it seems the only person he actually shot at was the off-duty cop that took action. So, just some personal thing, in an area known for higher crime rates.

Still, I imagine people were probably in a panic, with all of the recent crap going on.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by DarknStormy

If civil war in the USA broke out, im pretty sure you could loot any weapon you want, likewise the army will be involved so there will be tanks and bombs and jets and you name it.

People saying they need their guns to protect them from their government is not a logical position!

Really? Explain to me then how the vietnamese while living in grass huts managed to defeat both the French and the Americans who had vastly superior firepower. Never underestimate the will power of someone defending their home even in the face of superior numbers or firepower.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Come conspiracy theorists, WTF, nobody noticed the name of the theater? What has this website come to?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
Come conspiracy theorists, WTF, nobody noticed the name of the theater? What has this website come to?

Oh snap!!

Mind = blown

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl

Ahem, earlier in the thread.

Originally posted by mcsandy
Since the name of the theater has the word MAYAN in it, it seems that these shootings aren't so random. Words of a dutiful soldier once said....Never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I am starting to believe it is a research project gone wrong.... can't undo the programming...when the subject is released from the program, the trigger words/images are still embedded deep within the subconscious.

info in my sig about MK ULTRA

During the cold war, Russia tried to 'control' large numbers of people.... and you can't tell me the People of Nth Korea are not controlled.

edit on 19/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
And, if you read the entire story, you will find that the shooter was stopped from killing more people by......wait for it.....a trained person with a gun. Yes, an trained and armed off-duty deputy was in the theater and opened fire on the shooter, effectively stopping his rampage and saving countless lives. She is even getting a medal for her actions.

Odd though, that the media is quiet about this aspect, don't you think?
Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting

I guess it's only news in the MSM if it advanced their agenda of more gun controls. If it proves that an armed person trained to use a gun effectively and with the correct amount of force is at the place of the event, it stops quickly and actually........SAVES LIVES.

Protect yourself, and you protect others by default. Or, line up like sheep for the slaughter. In the United States you still have the option to make this grown-up decision, but for how long?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join