It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nighttime Intruders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
As a child, I remember many nights I'd suddenly be overcome with a feeling that there were about 2 or 3 'beings' next to my bed and I would pretend to be asleep so they think I'm not aware of them, but I'd be absolutely terrified.
I don't remember anything else happening, (good or bad), but I felt they were not the same as me in some way and that I should be terrified of them.
Anybody else have this?
I have no idea why they were there, but looking back to my behaviour and fear I still think it was real.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I used to have those same fears, but about knights.
Knights with big swords standing over my bed. I guess I thought they were just waiting for me to move(I would also pretend to be asleep and hide under my covers) so they could chop my in half or whatever.
I dont think there is much to it, children have very intense imaginations.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Do a search on ATS regarding this subject and you will find many stories and theories

Be thankful that it stopped. It's no fun being an adult who experiences these "terrors"

Good luck

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I believe that people, especially children who are more open to things generally, can feel the energies of the departed sometimes. As a child I often felt what you described and I think many children do. Some will say that it is just imagination or silly childhood fears. I can not claim to know but I have told you what I believe.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smashdem

Do they? I don't think I did and the intensity I felt was nothing like anything I ever felt before. It was sort of 'obvious' they were there, as if somehow I 'knew' they were there.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by taoistguy

Originally posted by smashdem

Do they? I don't think I did and the intensity I felt was nothing like anything I ever felt before. It was sort of 'obvious' they were there, as if somehow I 'knew' they were there.

I had an exchange with a fellow ATS member that involved us trading stories about our experiences. We shared drawings of what we saw. Can you share a sketch of what you remember?

Don't be humble, a sketch would help us identify what you experienced

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I know there were not knights waiting by my bed, that is for sure. Obviously, I dont know if some invisible aliens, agents, angels, etc, etc were there, but, I didnt see them. I do remember getting the guts up to look more than once though, and it surely was my imagination. At least making me think of knights. Maybe something was there that children are more apt to sensing, people seem to think these things, especially on this site.

And you never saw shapes in the dark as a child? Unless you were braindead, you were imaginative. Your mind is far more open to suggestion than it is now. Unless you are somehow a miracle baby and were born with a mind filled with worldy knowledge.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

LOL. Was I braindead? Never saw shapes in the dark. Didn't think to try. My imagination was 'normal' I think. I could play all sorts of 'lets pretend' sort of games.
This is a 'feeling' that suddenly came over me, as if I could sense they were there. Don't know how it happened but pretty sure I wasn't thinking about it before. And it only happened sometimes.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Sorry. There was nothing to see. I was under the blankets and it was night. I never saw anything. :0

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

shapes is a bad word, my apologies. figures made out of shadows, really. Maybe it was just me, lol. I would leave toys or something laying in a heap somewhere in my room, and once the lights were off and I was in bed, it would look like something totally different. Some insane lump of darkness that my mind would play with.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

How did you know they were knights? Was it a feeling you had or a 'knowing'? Were you especially into knights at that time? I don't know what I thought mine were; they just felt that they were something unbeknown a 'other'. But, no, I didn't think of them as alien, demon, angel or anything like that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Not particularly, no. I was into lots of things, normal boy stuff. Knights included though, but they were not a favorite at all. Maybe it was a certain movie or something that gave me that fear or that thought associated with that feeling/fear, and the knight theme stuck with me? I really cant pinpoint it, its been almost 20 years since I last remember feeling like that.
edit on 17-12-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

What did your pics look like? I'd be very intrigued to know. Did they match or were they very different?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yes.
In my old apartment I would normally get random hot and cold sensations on random parts of my body,simultaneously.Sometimes even feel pressure on my leg or arm as if somebody was grabbing it,sometimes I felt slight pressure around my neck like something was trying to choke me,when that happened I got up and took a quick nightwalk..
Also I could hear a voice/breathing that was circulating around my room...sometimes when I was 'playing asleep' the voice/breath would exhale or something right next to my ear.

Creepy.creepy.gosh why'd you have to remind me

anyways yeah I have gotten those feelings before lol not as much nowadays but it has happened to me before.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by taoistguy
reply to post by Mrgone

What did your pics look like? I'd be very intrigued to know. Did they match or were they very different?

Way different. He was visited by what looked like grey aliens. I was witness to some stupidly scary demon looking thing with knives for fingers

I have a ridiculously active imagination

Sadly, the drawing is gone and the computer that I used to upload it is too

And I'm on my phone so I don't think that I can upload pics anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance

Yes.
In my old apartment I would normally get random hot and cold sensations on random parts of my body,simultaneously.Sometimes even feel pressure on my leg or arm as if somebody was grabbing it,sometimes I felt slight pressure around my neck like something was trying to choke me,when that happened I got up and took a quick nightwalk..
Also I could hear a voice/breathing that was circulating around my room...sometimes when I was 'playing asleep' the voice/breath would exhale or something right next to my ear.

Creepy.creepy.gosh why'd you have to remind me

anyways yeah I have gotten those feelings before lol not as much nowadays but it has happened to me before.

Wow. That's sure some experience. Real or not. Do you consider it imagination or real?
Do you have any ideas on why it stopped? Did you have any life experience that could have effected it ending?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Thanks for sharing that. Thinking about it again, I have a vague feeling that somehow I thought of them as wearing robes or somesuch. Certainly not like Greys or demonic horrors.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

umm I do not really consider it imagination,as I generally don't feel genuine Fear from thing I have imagined also I was about 16 or 17 when this was happening,so the childish "active imagination" can be ruled out.
I really do not know what to make of it.Perhaps it was happening because at the time there was some major negative vibes going on around my home.
I feel it stopped when I moved out and was couch hopping for awhile.As there wasn't a stable place for it maybe "attack" me again.

actually now that I think about it,shortly after that time I had met my current girlfriend,so perhaps the change of pace changed things?but also my GF said shortly after we had been going out,she started to get horrifying sleep paralysis....soooo maybe there was something "haunting" me lol

but I havent felt that vibe for awhile now,and my GFs bad sleep paralysis has lifted.

so who knows

edit on 17-12-2012 by ArtOfTrance because: addition

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Most children do have very active imaginations, and the separation of fantasy from reality is difficult for them to make before they reach a certain age.

The problem is - what you experienced as a child was undoubtedly very intense and very real to you. But looking back today, there is no way to tell if you were sensing something real, or if it was just imagination. You are unlikely to find any real satisfying answers.

I used to have a lot of nightmares and night terrors (I would appear wide awake and screaming - scared the crap out of my parents). I definitely had an active imagination - still do. I don't believe that I ever experienced anything paranormal as a child, though.

A repeated image I remember seeing in my childhood bedroom were headless mannequins running out of my closet. Ooo - I just got the chills typing that. Those things creeped me out. I remember just huddling in my bed, in the dark, watching an endless parade of headless mannequins run out of my closet - really terrifying to four-year-old me! I never wanted to go near those things when shopping when my mom. I guess in my personal example it is much more clearly the case of imagination than what you described...

Do you know anything about the history of the house you were at when you were a child? Do you ever get similar feelings now? I will say, for whatever it's worth, that I've heard many mediums claim that they sensed dead people around their bed when they were children.

edit on 17-12-2012 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There were times when I was young, I'd wake up and see a shadow or a small figure in my room. Of course as a child I was terrified when things like this would happen, I'd often tell my mother or father about it. My dad would say it was nothing, and just a dream. My mother would blame my dad for letting us watch horror movies all the time.

It's hard to tell what it is when you just wake up and see something, because it can be a waking dream, it can be sleep paralysis, or what do you know... It could be some sort of spirit / ghost.

It's hard to tell....

Sometimes now, as an adult I still wake up and will either sense something is there, or see something there. Mostly, I feel as though these things are harmless, just like a sleeping person would be.
Why do they watch us sleep? Perhaps for a sense of peace, quietness, every person looks precious when they sleep. Maybe these spirits simply miss that?

Who knows...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join