It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The right BB/ Pellet gun can also keep you safe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I dont want a real gun. They are just too loud and unpleasant. Im kind of alternative method guy anyway. I have some bb/pellet guns and Ive been seeing some crazy ones on youtube., Especially one from the 80s made in florida that is a machine gun handgun that shoots bbs that you screw a can of freon into. That thing can eat someones arse up! I know its not nearly as powerful as a real gun but these can still cut down a small tree.The co2 airguns are powerful but if theres no store around to buy the cartridges then the gun wont work. Heres a vid of a co2 machine gun that is eating up some calculators and vcrs. Post some cool bb/pellet guns if your into this kinda stuff. A standard bb gun will easilykill a squirell in desperate situations, the ammo is cheap. The gun in the vid is co2 and shoots over 300 rounds with 2 cartridges.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You will only p!#s them off and die if you use that for anything but target practice or very small animals.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I will agree with the idea that this is a good thing...air guns in general....for survival. It's one tool in the tool box if looked at as just that. A tool, instead of a toy. I'd never even joke about using a BB gun against a person. That may sound good for someone who doesn't own a gun....but looks as silly as it really is, once a real firearm has been what you've used for awhile. The comparison is..just not there.

A BB gun COULD be fatal ..If it just right, in the head.. perhaps the temple or eyeball. I actually thought that ought too, although I was a teen back when I was thinking of improvising like that. I'm awfully glad I never tested that theory. I'd have gotten myself killed.. lol

I mean, if an encounter wasn't going to be a fatal one before or perhaps never needed to be, I'd say all that goes out the window forever with the first BB fired at someone with the obvious intent to seriously harm them. The other person is likely to take a few hits getting to ya...but what happens then is the part best left to fade to black and imagination I'd say. Personally? If I were shot AT that way and realized the person MEANT to kill me with it....the fact it was highly unlikely might very well not matter to me in taking them at their intent for how I respond... Just a thought on air guns and defense.

Now...I LOVE airguns for the idea of small game like is about all someone is going to find in an urban area. If the going gets tough enough? Airguns WOULD easily kill small animals of all kinds and do it without making a big boom to be heard for a few blocks in all directions too.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yeah....
I'ma side with cavtrooper7 on this one.
Toys are alot of fun but when you get off the porch, you're playing with the big dogs.
I'm not saying there is not a use for pellet guns, I have one that has made dinner on more than one occasion.
HOWEVER... I would hate to try to protect the farm with one, unless if it was a squirrel invasion.
And if any of those squirrels were attacking from any further than say 50 feet away, I may be in trouble.

No subtitute for the real deal.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have a bb gun by Daisy I think. in addition to a magazine that holds 30 or so bb's it will also fire.177 hollow point air gun ammo for when you mean business.

16 bucks at wal-mart, nice wee weapon,

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
That gun would be illegal in Canada. Any air gun over 500 fps is classified as a firearm, so fully automatic firearms are illegal.

As a side note air guns are or can be very, very deadly. Don`t forget about the most significant gun in US history. The one Lewis and Clark used to conquer America!

Girandoni air rifle as used by Lewis and Clark.

Excellent youtube on the Girandoni

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice
That gun would be illegal in Canada. Any air gun over 500 fps is classified as a firearm, so fully automatic firearms are illegal.

Mine shoots 480 fps so I guess mine would be fine. I don't see a 20fps difference having any effect so that just shows how stupid that law is.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Most air guns and rifles sold in Canada are 495 fps.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by brice

I'd never thought to benchmark my air guns and check.... Maybe I'll do that later today and see what they actually do shoot at. I have a chronograph for my shooting and it had just never crossed my mind to fire my air guns across it. Hmmmm.... I have a trusty old Crossman 760 pump for my general rodent control and it does wonders on about 15 -20 pumps. Oh I know..they say it'll blow seals and never ever do that ..but I've owned 4 of these in my life and never blown a seal on one.

They are also accurate as I need anything to be for an air gun...but I'll still call it outright suicide to consider firing a BB at a person for anything but a bad joke.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, BB guns in general might not be all that. But I may have found an exception to that rule. You could do more than mildly annoy someone with this thing.

www.youtube.com...

Also for sale at the moment in my home town is a four hundred round per minuite FNP-90 BB gun. Of course, from what I recall of the FNP-90 the real thing is much faster, but regardless, still pretty mental.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
BB/Pellet guns can do alot of damage. My nephew and two of his friends were at a sleepover and were playing with, what they thought , was an empty pump-style BB rifle. Not knowing about gun safety and playing around with a loaded BB gun cost his friend his life. My children know all about gun safety, even if it is just a BB/Pellet gun. Definately something to add to your collection. Just be safe.

BB Gun Death

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Hey man.... I've had the same exact thoughts.

I am definitely not a gun person, so getting a real handgun is low on my list. But, I have always thought I needed one to protect my family in a time of civil unrest or something like that.

Getting a BB/pellet gun I thought would be a good alternative ..... In the hopes that if I point it at someone in defense.....they won't be able to tell what kind of gun it is and of course would be in the mindset of not wanting to kill anyone.

Anyone else have these thoughts? Or anyone think it would be a fail idea to try and pass off a BB (handgun not bb rifle) as a real?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
About 4-1/2 ft of heavy guage metal tubing threaded on where the cone would normally go on a 30lb fire exinguisher can impart rather remarkable velocity to something like a rather large ballbearing or a bolt with head and threads filed off. Definitely not something I'd want pointed at me.

Not sure how it compares to the Lewis and Clarke air rifle, but definitely not a "toy" bb gun. However it's one of those things where it's dangerous and risky (gets really cold, might frag) to use and YMMV because of the improvised nature of construction. In a pinch where you're desparate to have any projectile weapon, it's still something to be considered.

However for the odd combo of cheap, simple to make, and reliable, you're probably better off with arrows and a PVC bow than a firearm.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is what we have for target practice. They CAN harm and kill, so we keep them locked up. I didnt like wasting money on real ammo when we would go out so the husband and I got these.. wow. NICE.. and great for those gel zombie targets!

www.topairgun.com...

From the same place is the gun my nephew uses for competition.
www.topairgun.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It depends what you buy.

If you buy a .22 PCP which shoot 1500 fps then you can for sure kill a man. It would have to be a well placed shot, but it's far from a toy

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join