It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antidepressants To Blame For "ALL" Mass Shootings?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm sick and tired of people making claims that guns are to blame for the mass killings that have happened in the last decade. You only have to look at the timelines. How long after antidepressants came onto the scene did senseless violence by ordinary individuals begin. When I say ordinary... I mean people who might be a little off. There have been, people who are a "little off" since the beginning of time, but mass killings have only recently become commonplace as have prescriptions for SSRI's.

These so called happy pills have black box labels that list homicidal and suicidal thoughts as side effects... and if you can get the press to do their F'ing jobs... you'd know by now that the drugs were present in the bloodstream of EVERY SINGLE CASE OF MASS MURDER that has happened in the last few decades.

If you can find one case in which totally senseless violence like we saw in Aurora, Columbine, or Sandy Hook, that didn't involve an SSRI... Then I'll be ready to join the gun control advocates that are screaming to end civilian gun ownership. But for now I say that it's all just a big push by the big drug companies to protect their cash cows and folks like "godfather" Rahm Emanuel to "never let a crisis go to waste".

The sad part is that the media will never say anything about the medications that the killers were on at the time. If they do... That part of the story will fade quickly and be replaced with how the Government should outlaw whichever gun was used in the shooting at the time. It will start with the "Assault rifle" (which wasn't used in the killings)... and it will end a few years from now(after more SSRI induced violence) with the public only being allowed to own single shot rifles and handguns if not only black powder muzzle load rifles.

This is ridiculous, outlandish and sad. The people need to DEMAND more from the Media, for it is the media that will eventually doom us all as they selectively report, wag the dog, and brainwash the under informed masses to do their bidding. The end of the constitution is very near if the media continues down this path.

BTW... when I said I would be ready to join the anti-gun advocates... it was for effect...

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

www.whaleoil.co.nz...
www.infowars.com...
medicalwhistleblower.blogspot.com...
www.encognitive.com...
rense.com...
breggin.com...
edit on 16-12-2012 by Froggy55 because: Change title to add the word "ALL"

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I would say the time frames are about right between mass societal acceptance of that and the high profile, mass killings where wanton disregard for life as a whole characterizes the event more than anything else.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This was sent to me by a friend . Morgan is on the money here, its called future planning, they would have no news if these tragedies did not happen. I cannot confirm he said this, but it seems legit. MORGAN FREEMAN ON THE SHOOTINGS YESTERDAY: Tell us what YOU think.....

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations­, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Mayo clinic says you may be right...

Side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors All SSRIs work in a similar way and generally cause similar side effects. However, each SSRI has a different chemical makeup, so one may affect you a little differently from another. Side effects of SSRIs can include:
Nausea
Dry mouth
Headache
Diarrhea
Nervousness, agitation or restlessness
Reduced sexual desire or difficulty reaching orgasm
Inability to maintain an erection (erectile dysfunction)
Rash
Increased sweating
Weight gain
Drowsiness Insomnia

You may experience less nausea with extended- and controlled-release forms of SSRIs. As with most antidepressants, sexual side effects are common with SSRIs. They occur in over half the people who take them.

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)

Safety concerns with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors

SSRIs are relatively safe. However, there are some things you should think about before you take one of these antidepressants:

Antidepressants and pregnancy. Some antidepressants may harm your unborn child if you take them during pregnancy or while you're breast-feeding. Paxil in particular appears to increase the risk of birth defects, including heart and lung problems. If you're taking an antidepressant and you're considering getting pregnant, talk to your doctor or mental health provider about the possible dangers. Don't stop taking your medication without contacting your doctor first.
Drug interactions. When taking an antidepressant, be sure to tell your doctor about any other medications or supplements you're taking. Some antidepressants can cause dangerous reactions when combined with certain medications or herbal remedies.
Blood-thinning medications and SSRIs. Use of aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or anticoagulants, such as warfarin (Coumadin), may increase the risk of bleeding when combined with a SSRIs.
Serotonin syndrome. Rarely, an SSRI can cause dangerously high levels of serotonin. This is known as serotonin syndrome. It most often occurs when two medications that raise serotonin are combined. These include other antidepressants, medications for certain health conditions and the herbal supplement St. John's wort. Signs and symptoms of serotonin syndrome include confusion, rapid or irregular heart rate, dilated pupils, fever, and unconsciousness. Seek immediate medical attention if you have any of these signs or symptoms.
Suicide risk and antidepressants

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires that all antidepressants carry a warning that some children, adolescents and young adults may be at increased risk of suicide when taking antidepressants. Anyone taking an antidepressant should be watched closely for worsening depression or unusual behavior — especially in the first few weeks after starting an antidepressant. Keep in mind, antidepressants are more likely to reduce suicide risk in the long run by improving mood.

Stopping treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors

SSRIs aren't considered addictive. However, stopping treatment abruptly or missing several doses can cause withdrawal-like symptoms, including:

Nausea
Headache
Dizziness
Lethargy
Flu-like symptoms
This is sometimes called discontinuation syndrome. Talk to your doctor before stopping so that you can gradually taper off the medication.

www.mayoclinic.com...=2
edit on 16/12/2012 by mungodave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have to agree. It's most likely the medications these people are on.

I found this movie that shows we aren't the ones that agrees with what you are saying.

Psychiatry's Prescription for Violence

Part 2

Part 3

There is like 11 parts so go here to watch the rest.
4AnAmericanRepubli c Youtube channel

edit on 16-12-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry, the chance of it being anything other than a planned black operation and done by TPTB is very slim, this isn't anti depressants, though they are a problem, not mentally disabled or ill people, not guns, but it is a nonstop attack on sovereign rights of all people and the nation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
SANDY HOOK reference in BATMAN movie

And then they keep trying to hoax the Liber Scandal information.

Which is outrageous.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Froggy55

Read this

On this 12-year anniversary of the shooting rampage at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, let us not forget the real lesson of Columbine: psychiatric drugs induce violence. Shooter Eric Harris was taking the antidepressant Luvox at the time he and Dylan Klebold opened fire at Columbine High School, killing 12 students and a teacher and wounding 26 others before killing themselves. At least one public report exists of a friend of Klebold who witnessed Klebold taking the antidepressants Paxil and Zoloft and urged him to come off them. Officially, Klebold’s medical records remain sealed. Luvox, Paxil and Zoloft are in a class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Among the international regulatory agencies issuing warnings on these antidepressants, the FDA issued a Public Health Advisory in 2004 warning that “anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, impulsivity, akathisia [severe restlessness], hypomania [abnormal excitement] and mania [psychosis characterized by exalted feelings, delusions of grandeur and overproduction of ideas] have been reported in adult and pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants.”

there is more

Dekalb, Illinois – February 14, 2008: 27-year-old Steven Kazmierczak shot and killed five people and wounded 16 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amount of Xanax in his system. Omaha, Nebraska – December 5, 2007: 19-year-old Robert Hawkins killed eight people and wounded five before committing suicide in an Omaha mall. Hawkins’ friend told CNN that the gunman was on antidepressants, and autopsy results confirmed he was under the influence of the “anti-anxiety” drug Valium. Jokela, Finland – November 7, 2007: 18-year-old Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School in southern Finland, then committed suicide. Cleveland, Ohio – October 10, 2007: 14-year-old Asa Coon stormed through his school with a gun in each hand, shooting and wounding four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone. Blacksburg, Virginia – April 16, 2007: 23-year-old Seung Hui Cho shot to death 32 students and faculty of Virginia Tech, wounding 17 more, and then killing himself. He had received prior mental health treatment, however his mental health records remained sealed. Red Lake, Minnesota – March 2005: 16-year-old Jeff Weise, on Prozac, shot and killed his grandparents, then went to his school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation where he shot dead 7 students and a teacher, and wounded 7 before killing himself. Greenbush, New York – February 2004: 16-year-old Jon Romano strolled into his high school in east Greenbush and opened fire with a shotgun. Special education teacher Michael Bennett was hit in the leg. Romano had been taking “medication for depression”. El Cajon, California – March 22, 2001: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman, on the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, opened fire on his classmates, wounding three students and two teachers at Granite Hills High School. Williamsport, Pennsylvania – March 7, 2001: 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one. Conyers, Georgia – May 20, 1999: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with antidepressants when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates. Columbine, Colorado – April 20, 1999: 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s medical records remain sealed. Notus, Idaho – April 16, 1999: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin. Springfield, Oregon – May 21, 1998: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 22. Kinkel had been taking the antidepressant Prozac.

I think this is a very concerning issue . please visit the link for more info

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Bingo,you have absolutely hit the nail on the head

www.topix.com...
www.lawyersandsettlements.com... ed.com%2F
www.naturalnews.com...

The Govt is worried that the link between SSRIs and violence has gone viral, diluting the hoped-for anti-gun furor.
Congress knows there is a problem with SSRIs. They even had hearings. The FDA is "considering" adding a warning label to all mood-altering drugs regarding the possibility of extreme violent episodes.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The scientific literature is replete with case after case examples of adverse reactions to psychiatric medication that causes suicidal and homicidal behavior. Have you ever seen a commercial for anti-depressants? Pay very close attention to the end of the advertisement when it lists the side effects - in every case they mention suicidal or homicidal behavior.

They were forced to include these warnings shortly after the gag order was issued on the infamous Columbine Shooting case - a lawsuit filed against Solvay Pharmaceuticals (makers of the drug Luvox which Eric Harris had complained to his psychiatrist about for having made him experience homicidal thoughts). Why haven't you heard about this? As I just said, there was a gag order issued - which means all of the information about this case is sealed from the public, and even the lawyers cannot talk much about it. How do I know about it? The lawyer who represented Mark Taylor, one of the students shot by Eric Harris, knew about his issues with the medicine and saw all of the "basement tapes" which revealed how Harris was talking about his homicidal thoughts related to the medications he was just recently put on. DeCamp wrote about aspects of this lawsuit in his 2006 update to "The Franklin Cover-Up" - which is available online if you Google it.

An expert on Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, Dr. Ann Blake Tracy, was involved with this lawsuit - as well as several other high-profile cases involving anti-depressants and homicide (namely the Phil Hartman murder/suicide case, the Andrea Yeates murders etc). Dr. Tracy reveals on her website www.ssristories.com... just how many school shootings, suicides and murders have been related specifically to either withdrawals from psych meds, or from side effects. This is not merely speculation, but demonstrable, empirical fact that the drugs are behind these atrocities. You don't have to be a Scientologist to see that it is high time we put a stop to the unbridled practice of Psychiatry and the unholy alliance between the media, the FDA and Big Pharma. Put aside the "politically correct" notions of totally accepting all that has been told to us about the mentally ill and how we must medicate them. It is propaganda for the purposes of making money - a commercial enterprise, not a humanitarian one.

edit on 17-12-2012 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Froggy55
These so called happy pills have black box labels that list homicidal and suicidal thoughts as side effects... and if you can get the press to do their F'ing jobs... you'd know by now that the drugs were present in the bloodstream of EVERY SINGLE CASE OF MASS MURDER that has happened in the last few decades.

They're not "side effects".

They're simply "effects".

They call them "side effects" to make dumb people believe that these effects aren't deliberately engineered by the pharmaceutical companies.

What's worse, if you stop taking them, the effects multiply. And then they say "see what happens when you stop taking your medication!"

Pharma tries to trick us into believing that they are trying to stop psychopathic behaviour, but they are really creating it themselves.

I'm sick and tired of all the brainwashed people believing that giant corporations love them and care for them.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well, this is like the 2000th time we see the killer was on SSRI's... No surprise sadly.. It's a fact now.. I don't understand how they can keep prescribing them.. It's deadly.

And with this new generation that grew up in the 2000's, 1 in THREE was on an SSRI. Many reach 18, move away, and many times come off the meds and forget to take them--sometimes, the withdrawal can even cause madness... scary stuff.. If you're around the age of 18, I'm sure you know more than 2 friends on one of these drugs.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
BUMP!

Can I do that?

Well, I just did.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Some people do indeed need these medications. Are they overprescribed and handed out like candy? Absolutely..... if you were suffering deep dark depression, bipolar, or schizophrenia, would you want to be treated? Of course.....

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I know I've never seen a label on the side of a gun saying "handling of this gun may result in increased suicidal thoughts and aggression."

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The effects of the meds are increased if you wash them down with milk.

They can be dangerous and yet, they can also save lives.

They are a claSsic bitter sweet pill.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The government find better to blame guns as scapegoats to pass laws, than blaming big pharma, the FDA and all the corrupted money pocketing politicians in congress from big phama give away in order to make themselves feel better when their money backed policies are actually killing Innocent people with the myriad of drugs that are put in the markets with the sole purpose of making profits

Yes CDC: Antidepressants most prescribed drugs in U.S. are dangerous, specially to children and teens no only adults

But by our own government run FDA (with private interest money under the table) they are safe for human consumption.

Money talks and crap will walk.

articles.cnn.com...:HEALTH

And the sad thing is that people will agree that they are safe and blame also guns and applaud the crocks we call government and government agencies because after all when you have a nation that have millions in this type of drugs they will never agree that is a problem with them

Antidepressants are killing people no only those that takes them but those that lose their mind and kill indiscriminately.

What are the most commonly prescribed antidepressants?

The most commonly prescribed antidepressants in the US retail market in 2007 [37] were:

1. Zoloft (sertraline) - 29.7 million 2. Lexapro (escitalopram) - 27 million 3. Prozac (fluoxetine) - 22.3 million 4. Wellbutrin (bupropion) - 20.2 million 5. Paxil (paroxetine) - 18.1 million 6. Effexor (venlafaxine) - 17.2 million 7. Celexa (citalopram) - 16.2 million 8. Desyrel (trazodone) - 15.5 million 9. Elavil (amitryptaline) - 13.5 million 10. Cymbalta (duloxetine) - 12.5 million

Others above 1 million: Remeron (mirtazepine), Pamelor (nortriptyline), Tofranil (imipramine)

wiki.answers.com...

Then you most wonder why so many people are getting angry at others to the point of killing and then killing themselves also

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just bumping this thread.

I was just doing some research on all these shootings and noticed mention of SSRI's having been involved in just about all, if not most, of these mass shooting

Really surprised that this isn't getting the attention it deserves here on ATS an in general

Star & flag

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is a load of BS, its NOT antidepressants, I've been on various meds for depression since 1994, and never ONCE did i snap and want to go shooting people!!!
The Army put me on Paxil then Zoloft when I was in, and I never once thought of taking my weapon and shooting other people, even when on the range!!
Since then I've been on prozac, lithium, depakote, welbutrin, and NEVER EVER snapped and went off on a shooting spree, never THOUGHT OF IT!!!
As a matter of fact, the Army and the VA has tried most those drugs listed on the above post
So the people saying its because of drugs are full of CRAP!!!

This stuff makes me annoyed as hell when they try to say that

I've been on the stuff for 19 years, still the same person, not as depressed lol
edit on 1/16/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
This is a load of BS, its NOT antidepressants, I've been on various meds for depression since 1994, and never ONCE did i snap and want to go shooting people!!!
The Army put me on Paxil then Zoloft when I was in, and I never once thought of taking my weapon and shooting other people, even when on the range!!
Since then I've been on prozac, lithium, depakote, welbutrin, and NEVER EVER snapped and went off on a shooting spree, never THOUGHT OF IT!!!
As a matter of fact, the Army and the VA has tried most those drugs listed on the above post

I've been on the stuff for 19 years, still the same person, not as depressed lol

Must be BS cause it doesn't effect you, when they tell you before you take drugs "they effect everyone differently"

-_-

oh, yes, i was also on them

when i was my mom couldn't handle me.. i would see red and break everything around me saying i'd kill myself

welbutrin, adderol, ridalin, zoloft, i tried a lot before i said f# it and haven't taken em since! haven't had a suicidal thought since either

i guess the military handing them out is the reason for the all time high suicides too

edit on 16-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Ok, then let me say my side of the story and what annoys me.

It's that maybe you hadn't considered that your one of the lucky one's who really isn't affected by these drugs as others are.

Because I have family members and friends who, once they started taking some of these mentioned SSRI's, became a shell of their former selves, and a good friend of mine blew his head off with a rifle while on these drugs.

Another one of my cousins said she had to stop because reality became all weird and she felt like a zombie and doesn't even remember driving to certain places and doing certain things.

Perhaps it's just you. Consider that!!!! I got all the proof I need that these SSRI's are having an impact on these murderous rampages

top topics

<<   2 >>

join