It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meditation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AsanoSuigin

Dear newbie, with three whole weeks of being a member here, and with a post count under 20, I would suggest you do not appoint yourself as an ATS Enforcer.

If you continue to display such Sheldonesque behaviours many of us will be forced to complain about you, which will ensure your membership is cancelled.

You will learn that everyone has the right to ask a question. So play nice and earn your stripes.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostinshell
I have never really meditated, I would like to start what would be some basics, good practices etc to get started?
and what would be some goals?

I would suggest avoiding all Traditional Belief-Systems to start with, as they are massive time wasters and will not do anything much to awaken you.

In my signature you will find a link to my website that offers free mediations that I either developed myself, or modified and used for myself, and have since been teaching in groups for the past 12 to 15 years or so.

Some people like to record themselves speaking the meditations and then use that as a guided meditation.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I am sorry, You also seem to be of the opinion that members here are limited to only one user account and that any reasons for swapping user accounts would not be legitimate.
I would also like to add that member accounts are not cancelled for people "complaining" this is a forum that fosters free discussion, What sort of ignorance would be denied if members were being banned for complaints from other members.

The level of aggression and name calling here is insane, I posted to inform the person in a non aggressive manner how to correctly use this site. As a result i am a sad person who is not decent and i am also an ats newbie.

This site has sure changed alot since i joined

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

It might also interest you to know my previous account is still listed amongst above top secret's top contributors . But once again the personal reasons behind my change of accounts is none of your business.
There are people here that know me on a personal level and ill be having a laugh with them later at being called a "newbie" lol

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Oh dear, I'm going OFF TOPIC again ...

Originally posted by AsanoSuigin
reply to post by Tayesin

It might also interest you to know my previous account is still listed amongst above top secret's top contributors . But once again the personal reasons behind my change of accounts is none of your business.
There are people here that know me on a personal level and ill be having a laugh with them later at being called a "newbie" lol

Well done that newbie.... let me
too.

For someone who makes such exaggerated claims you do behave in a manner befitting an egotistical newbie.

Back ON TOPIC.....

OP, ignore the naysayers you will come across and forge your own path.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I think my posts have been devoid of any "ego"
I have merely posted statements devoid of any emotional intent in order to show someone how to use this site.
"naysayers" is a good one though.

I seem to have spent too much time replying to this topic, It went farther than i thought it would.
Again to the many people here that know me on a personal level you insinuations that i am in denial about being a new member will be laughable. I am confident since you have been a member since 2003 you will have no doubt seen many of my topics and posts. Once again though i have no need to explain my personal circumstances to you.

Why are you so intent on discrediting someone who is merely attempting to keep this site running the way it should and many members wish it would

"you do behave in a manner befitting an egotistical newbie" Since i am always open towards others opinions could you please explain to me in what way i posted in an egotistical newbie manner? Since this is all text it should not be difficult for you to copy and paste the necessary egotistical newbie quotes
edit on 17-12-2012 by AsanoSuigin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Mods, I promise this is the last off topic post from me in this thread..

reply to post by Tayesin

I think my posts have been devoid of any "ego"
I have merely posted statements devoid of any emotional intent in order to show someone how to use this site.
"naysayers" is a good one though.

I seem to have spent too much time replying to this topic, It went farther than i thought it would.
Again to the many people here that know me on a personal level you insinuations that i am in denial about being a new member will be laughable. I am confident since you have been a member since 2003 you will have no doubt seen many of my topics and posts. Once again though i have no need to explain my personal circumstances to you.

Why are you so intent on discrediting someone who is merely attempting to keep this site running the way it should and many members wish it would

Unbalanced Ego did not cause you to Justify your state of non-newbie-ness with some large claims as to your circle of friends ?

Did it not cause you to continue to do so again ?

Did it not make you think the term "naysayers" was directed at you, when it was obviously directed to the OP ?

Has it not caused you to AGAIN go OFF TOPIC ?

............................................................................................................................................

Now back to the advertised Topic.....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

This has turned into you attempting to discredit my arguement ( of which none exists might i add) and me attempting to defend it ( again no arguement ever existed).
You seem to have some personal stake invested in making sure everyone seems to think i am a new member. I merely referenced the length of time i have been active on this site as a pretense to experience, That is all. Nor did i mention a large group of friends, You have succesfully put false words in my mouth, I never used any adjectives to describe the size of my group of friends on this site So you are either using false statements to try and discredit me, or you are replying to the wrong person in the wrong topic.

I am wondering how naysayers could have been directed at the op? Perhaps you misunderstood, I did not think you were directly talking to me when you mentioned naysayers, I merely knew you were referring to me, You must have been since i am pretty much the only other person to have posted in this thread.

Do not apologise to the mods for being off topic, I am confident that they will delete this thread soon enough, As i have said the entire time that reposts are frowned upon.
Tell me how one defends a personal position without inferring any ego in what they say?
The lack of ego in my posts i was reffering to was when i was talking to the op, Which is true. I did not call him names like "newbie", Nor did i question the happiness of his life or his decency as you and others have done of me.

This entire topic is a mirror for the state of ats today when people are automatically jumped upon and attacked in an aggressive manner for merely wishing the site was used how it was intented.
The rules are perfectly clear on reposts and everyone knows it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Can i ask what your problem is in the first place, As your stance does not seem very solid. Can you please tell me what i have done that you disagree with?
Do you feel ats benefits from the same posts being repeated over and over on a seemingly yearly cycle?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by AsanoSuigin

Dear newbie, with three whole weeks of being a member here, and with a post count under 20, I would suggest you do not appoint yourself as an ATS Enforcer.

If you continue to display such Sheldonesque behaviours many of us will be forced to complain about you, which will ensure your membership is cancelled.

You will learn that everyone has the right to ask a question. So play nice and earn your stripes.

Your first reply to me you are not only condescending, but you were calling names and attempting to belittle my Ats contributions, You then attempted to threaten me with my account getting banned.
For someone who by looking at your past post history is very much into self enlightenment you should perhaps attempt to take more of a docile stance when attempting to put forth your opinion.
Just over ten years worth of contribution to this website and im still at the getting called names stage haha.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
@AsanoSuigin;
wow.... I have been here awhile, just look at my registered date May 2009. and i was a lurker for a long time. what I have noticed and liked about ATS, was the on may subjects people where always helpful and will to share information, even if it was posted before.

I have seen many threads that's where re-posts, usually the person "advising" puts the preferred link in the thread.
I am a professional geek, and I have seen people like you across many forums the "RTFM" and "use search" for any post, that's kinda generic, or does not say in the post hey i searched for this...

that's all I am going to say on that, as others have been nailing on that for many posts now.

@all others

thanks for all the posts and the links, video i will read thru it all and see where it takes me.

GhostInShell

edit on 17-12-2012 by Ghostinshell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostinshell

Ats is down the pan.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by masterguru

Sometimes I wish I could have read these posts lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I've only been doing it for a year, but find this one is very good. Just lie back and listen to it. I wouldn't set any goals, only to stick with it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There are guided meditations on youtube, and also if you search for whales/dolphins meditation or songs, there are some nice ones to put on mp3, or binaurals, hemisync, isotopes, self hypnosis, theta.

After listening to many, for years now I oft times prefer silence.

The point is to be comfortable and to choose a few different goals, sometimes you can do a nice long meditation and accomplish many of them.

1. Zenmind, emptying the mind and stilling the thoughts, and deepening this state is a very good goal to achieve.

2. Meditation for healing and opening the third eye, or your higher chakras, heart, crown, throat, eye, chi also important, so the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. Im not into the others. But you can explore that.

3. meditation to co-create or allign inner and outer, conscious, subconscious, reach healing or gain answers, or envision with belief and emotion positive goals and see them, sense them, smell them, react to them emotionally, as if real for the subconcsious, an intermediary between spirit and body, is always in the now, so you need to see the solution surrounding you already and the emotions it entails. So the two are in agreement.

4. astral projection type meditations or programming for lucid dreaming even achieving that state in meditation, or allowing oneself to fall asleep during it and attempt to be lucid from the outset.

One type of meditation a friend shared was relating to the trinity, or mind/body/spirit, and to raising the frequency of the material body to the frequency of spirit, and healing as well.

In this you focus on light, from the Highest spectrum, loving frequency, perhaps you could intend it be the real light, the inner light coming from Love. Love/Light, that flows through your crown and third eye and bathes your pineal, and heals , purified, just see it healing and opening your third eye, then to your heart, and then to your chi/abdomen, and see all as one, then it can extend to your whole body aura and seek areas that need healing, and your emotional body, all the different layers of astral and energy body.

Be intuitive and responsive and go with the flow, letting things change form as needed.

I usually begin with praying, and asking Soul/Source questions and directions, for help all people, and putting your worries in a box or chest. you can shield if you wish and allow for some deepening and breathing relaxing excercises. You can also fold your hands on your heart and really sense or open the heart chakra, and let love and compassion flood in. Before beginning to really deepen the meditation.

You can talk in your heart space, spirit to spirit, to anyone you wish, a loved one in the hospital, someone you are having a hard time with, and remind them they are light and love in source and need to see through the world, and its programs, and also try to picture what makes them happy.

That is preliminary to seeking answers, sending healing, or positive good intentions.

Natural is always best, but in a waking walking meditation, water is a wonderful conduit. Doing dishes and going through all this, then going zenmind, thoughtless and just go with the flow of the task, and something may come. Walks in nature, same thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostinshell

Almost any activity can be a practice in meditation. Meditation is a matter of intent and practice.
Being limited by a ritual or disciplinary style can be detrimental to your enlightenment.

Ignoring the trolls and mod wannabes is a good way to develop concentration and avoiding distraction

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Do you intend to continue making three liner posts that bring absolutely nothing to the table and are almost impossible to reply to begging people to spoon feed you information.
There is a search function on here, Use that to search for what you would like to find out and if it is not in there THEN feel free to create a new topic.

This post is nothing that hasnt been posted a million times before, We do not need anymore of it

Actually this thread has been very helpful, especially the pros response right below yours. I have tried to meditate before, unsuccesfully, but the different point of view cleared some things up.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Euphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostinshell
I have never really meditated, I would like to start what would be some basics, good practices etc to get started?
and what would be some goals?

Meditative practices, which most people confuse with ACTUAL meditation, is a great thing to do for your own sake. Go to eastern literature to understand the true meaning of meditation. Because most People misunderstand the meaning of meditation which is a PERMENENT state. Once you reach meditation, there is no coming out of it, and there is no more need for meditative practices.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join