It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm confused....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am no skeptic or religious debunker, and I believe in a lot of stuff. Normally, I am of the opinion that where there's smoke there's fire. There seems to be a decent amount of smoke to this whole Sandy Hook thing, especially with the 'Dark Knight' map scene. But I am honestly confused as to why people think the government/NWO/etc would need to kill a bunch of people to get gun control, as so many people are prone to believe. What purpose is there?

In Washington, you have people that make the laws. For the most part, they all have their minds made up, and it doesn't matter what happens, they won't change it. Why would the government or whatever entity that does this business need trained assassins to enter an elementary school and kill little kids? If you honestly think about it, it doesn't make one bit of sense. Maybe, just maybe, we are a depraved society, and every once in a while somebody cracks and does some random act of absolute evil. I cannot fathom a government killing little kids because they want to get guns off the streets....NWO or not.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

Life is confusing....

I don't believe it was ever meant to make sense..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I personally find it more confusing that sharp minded, intelligent people seem to think that comic book films can cast some sort of red flag NWO mania.

One can find coincidences anywhere one looks provided they forcefully look hard enough.

Strange situations offer strange coincidences, i'll give you that, but I don't think "sandy hook" on a map in a movie provides the key to this killing spree.

However, in response to your post as to why there would be a grand conspiracy using some trained/mindwash person to carry something like mass support for stricter gun control, that seems entirely more feasible.

We have seen a string of "no real reason" mass shootings in the US. This incident, was worse in the sense that so many kids were involved. It's that ever popular phrase "the straw that broke the camel's back". Get enough straw on there, it gets heavy. You throw a really thick one on there, that might be all it takes.

Look at this forum. It's wall to wall gun control threads. Open forum for the free minded. What kind of conversations do you think are going on in private, in every freaking house in the US?

Oh, and this isn't a movie either.

edit on 16-12-2012 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
But I am honestly confused as to why people think the government/NWO/etc would need to kill a bunch of people to get gun control, as so many people are prone to believe. What purpose is there?

You mean like all these consistent up to date news reports? or the countless threads like this one?

These ideas are uniting, slowly pulling people from the furthest reaches of the planet into it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I believe that there is a section in one of the army field manuals (tactical level for company captains) regarding carrying out false flags in enemy territory. Anecdotally the example I heard given was to kill children and frame the enemy group to try and win the hearts and minds of the people to your side. I am not saying that any group is being this case BUT for government operatives the prevailing credo is the machiavellian "Ends Justifies the Means."

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
I personally find it more confusing that sharp minded, intelligent people seem to think that comic book films can cast some sort of red flag NWO mania.

One can find coincidences anywhere one looks provided they forcefully look hard enough.

Strange situations offer strange coincidences, i'll give you that, but I don't think "sandy hook" on a map in a movie provides the key to this killing spree.

However, in response to your post as to why there would be a grand conspiracy using some trained/mindwash person to carry something like mass support for stricter gun control, that seems entirely more feasible.

We have seen a string of "no real reason" mass shootings in the US. This incident, was worse in the sense that so many kids were involved. It's that ever popular phrase "the straw that broke the camel's back". Get enough straw on there, it gets heavy. You throw a really thick one on there, that might be all it takes.

Look at this forum. It's wall to wall gun control threads. Open forum for the free minded. What kind of conversations do you think are going on in private, in every freaking house in the US?

Oh, and this isn't a movie either.

edit on 16-12-2012 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

You can say what you want about Sandy Hook appearing on a map in a movie that on opening night a gunman came to a theater and killed a bunch of people. That coincidence is a little too eerie for my tastes.

I honestly don't know why the 'elite' would have to take such drastic action to get gun control. If you're so powerful, change the laws. Just do it. Use any previous mass shooting as your justification, and do it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It's very clear why -- although I don't necessarily subscribe to this conspiracy theory. A LOT of people cherish their gun-owing/toting rights. It has been politically unpopular in recent years to bring up additional gun control measures. In addition the NRA is a very powerful lobby, which makes discussion of more gun control that much less politically tenable. If one party, most likely the Democratic, were to make gun control an issue again, it would lose political support, i.e. lose elections.

Moreover, to take any rights or privileges away, the government generally needs an excuse. To wit: although the losses of civil rights since 9/11.

So this egregious shooting incident seems to have fostered an atmosphere where gun control is once more on the table because in the wake of this attack more people are amenable to it. Just look at all the politicians -- Democrats and independents anyway -- who are now speaking out about it. In addition, all the big gun-advocate politicians are keeping their pie holes shut all of a sudden.

Seems mighty straightforward to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I get what you're saying, and I know you didn't say you believed it, but they expect us to believe that some gun control group brainwashed this young man to kill a bunch of kids so they could bring gun control back on the political platform? It just sounds so far fetched and ass backwards, even by conspiracy standards.

top topics

join