It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link between Batman and Sandy Hook shootings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'd like to create a thread exploring the similarities between the Sandy Hook and Batman shootings.

-Both involve highly intelligent, socially awkward shooters.

-Initial accounts report a second shooter.
Source

-The father of each shooter is alleged to be involved with the LIBOR investigation.
Source

-Sandy Hook is featured in The Dark Knight Rises
Source

-Both shooters wore body armor and a mask.

-Both were likely on psychiatric drugs

More to come as I do some more digging.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Illuminaughty8 because: Update

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Talk about too many coincidences.

Saving for later.

Thanks for investigating.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminaughty8

This thread may interest you...

Sandy Hook referenced in Batman movie.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow very nice find. Now the question is... Is somebody warning us? or is someone just a crazy psychopath who uses movies to plot their shootings?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The appearance of Sandy Hook in the Batman movie was very shocking at first but it appears to be just a coincidence. Sandy Hook, NJ is on the Jersey Shore just across from Coney Island. Batman had used maps of NYC as a stand in for Gotham City. Seeing Sandy Hook, NJ in there is odd but I really dont think there is anything to that in the end.

I am much more interested in the LIBOR situation. The too could be a coincidence but if there are enough coincidences I may have to take another serious look at this.

Good thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nyancat

Warning of sorts, kind of a natural selection in a way too. Those smart enough to recognize the pattern will be in the know and more likely to survive.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

But it is not just on the map, it is the only legible city on the map. And is seemingly pointed to

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminaughty8

But it is not just on the map, it is the only legible city on the map. And is seemingly pointed to

Google "Sandy Hook, NJ" and look at the map. You will see that it is on a long peninsula and it is the only labeled city for a number of miles. The fact that it is the only city that you can read on this map doesnt seem out of the question.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

Google "Sandy Hook, NJ" and look at the map. You will see that it is on a long peninsula and it is the only labeled city for a number of miles. The fact that it is the only city that you can read on this map doesnt seem out of the question.

But if you compare that map to the one in The Dark Knight Rises its clear these two Sandy Hooks are not the same, meaning Sandy Hook was intentionally placed at that point on the map not just a byproduct of using a NY map for Gotham City. Now the question is why was it placed there? Was it a prop designer paying homage to his home town, or a signal from the elite of things to come? I read on the thread about this reference that one member was watching a version ripped from the version in theaters and Sandy Hook wasn't on the map. If this is true and the Sandy Hook reference was added to the movie for the DVD version, well that would just seal the deal...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

According to the Batman movie there's no such thing as coincidence.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

But if you compare that map to the one in The Dark Knight Rises its clear these two Sandy Hooks are not the same, meaning Sandy Hook was intentionally placed at that point on the map not just a byproduct of using a NY map for Gotham City. Now the question is why was it placed there? Was it a prop designer paying homage to his home town, or a signal from the elite of things to come? I read on the thread about this reference that one member was watching a version ripped from the version in theaters and Sandy Hook wasn't on the map. If this is true and the Sandy Hook reference was added to the movie for the DVD version, well that would just seal the deal...

I dont see how you can say that without having access to the same map that they do. They look extremely similar to me. By no means to I think it is out of the realm of possibility but I am just not buying this one.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rasta420

I suppose but according to the Batman movie, Batman is real ... so ... there's that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here is the thing with this speculation, and I want to note I'm not using this point to either refute or support this speculation/theory/whatever:

If you accept the idea that films, particularly Batman, are being used by a shadowy organization to "warn" or "tease" or "nod" to the public coming pre-planned events that are purposely done for either hidden political/social agendas or occult rituals (or whatever) then you have to accept that somebody involved in the choreography, designing, artistry, script, directing, whatever knows about this organization and has the ability/connection to arrive on the sets of these big film production and place (or have someone place) these props in the film just right where they need to be. So, if you believe this theory---your best lead would be to investigate the directors/set designers/producers/editors and whoever for these movies. After all, they have the final say-so on how the audience views the final film. So, yeah--there you go. IF you truly believe it---start doing some investigation int hat direction---that seems to be your best bet.

-Ghoster
edit on 17-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

Great point Ghoster, definitely deserves some more investigation.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyancat
Wow very nice find. Now the question is... Is somebody warning us? or is someone just a crazy psychopath who uses movies to plot their shootings?

Synchronicity is a difficult phenomenon to understand. It happens to all of us and IMO demonstrates that on a deeper level we are all connected and that time itself i.e. past, present and future is simply an illusion. Michael Talbot wrote The Holographic Universe an intriguing study that attempted to explain the phenomenon several years ago. There were numerous subliminal references to 9/11 in pop culture, especially in Hollywood movies, years in advance of the September 11 attacks (see Imagining 9/11 for examples). Why, however, is still unknown and everyone has their own theory to explain it. But, it doesn't surprise me and I'm sure this "fiction before fact" phenomenon will continue till kingdom come.
edit on 18-12-2012 by cameraobscura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join