It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holistic Solution to Guns in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The 'Right' of a Gun is to kill in defense and not kill, but what constitutes as 'Defense' if someone is bullied and shoots is that a 'Defense'? if someone is psychologically abused and someone shoots them is that defense?

if i walked into your kids school and shot them because i felt 'Attacked' and 'Wronged' by the world is that defense?

it's not 'guns' it's death and murder and the desensitized nation America is, people feel their right is above others

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
"Gun control" as a social issue is a distraction, irrelevant to the problems underlying "gun violence". Let's remember that firearms are tools, nothing more.

What we should be talking about is why these horrific acts are being committed. Let's set the possibility of a massive state psyop (a somewhat plausible explanation) aside for the moment. The real problem here is that we live in a sick culture. We feed our people chemicals and genetically-modified garbage called "food", put people on psychiatric drugs at the drop of a hat, live vicariously through media idols, and have been taught that we don't have to take responsibility for our own actions. If you take a physically ill person (which most of us are, considering what we consume), distort their psychological processes both chemically and through social conditioning, and then put a gun in his hand--bad things are going to happen.

But the gun really has nothing to do with it, and we all know that. We live in an artificial culture that is contradictory to humanity's natural relationship with the world around (and within—part of the illusion we live under is the idea that humanity is somehow separate from nature) us. We’re seeing the consequences this culture is having on human behavior but are unwilling to address the real problems behind them. It is much easier for people to point their fingers at the tools we use and say, “Aye! There’s the problem!”, never once considering that the so-called “problem” may simply be one manifestation of a larger, systemic social dysfunction.

I argue that it is our drugged-out, dumbed-down, narcissistic (bordering on psychotic) culture that is to blame. However, this requires that people point their fingers at themselves for allowing such a twisted civilization to continue. The vast majority is unwilling, if not psychologically incapable, of doing this. In the meantime, the state will continue to use these events as justification to tighten their grip on the population.

They will take your guns away. It will happen soon, and it won’t be through the imposition of martial law or anything so nefarious—the people will demand it because they are unwilling to make the necessary changes within themselves. Blame the guns, blame the guns! Blame anything but what we’ve allowed our civilization to become. Anything but that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Thanks. For your rational and true Words.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The end result is everyone gets shot until there is no one left to debate with.

So everyone shoots each other defending themselves from the next person , who in turn thinks the next person is shooting at them.

Doesn't really matter then does it.

How do you figure? The failure of logic that it would take for me to reach the same conclusion is something I am not prepared for.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
OP...it's good you are at least trying to come up with something that could be tollerated by all parties, but it really won't work for all the good reasons posters have already mentioned.

Read my sig line, i think that ultimately, it says all that needs to be said.

Personally, my opinion is that the teeny, tiny minority of anti-gun, and therefore, anti-American constitution should either learn to love the constitution, or get the hell outta America.

I hear Communist China is supporting a disarmed American population...why that would be, i can't possibly imagine...can you?

America need more anti-fruit loop regulation, not further attacks on rights and freedoms.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Its a paradox

top topics

<< 1   >>

join