It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings with Guns of 'Merica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I figure the best first thread I made on this was one that would set a tone. A tone that is heard anytime you see the name Lohartigan90. I live in Vermont, United States of America. I own guns, I smoke, Im not a big drinker and I tend to have certain hot buttons. I finally had one pushed today that made me realize I needed to do this introductions thread and get on my mouthy highway.
Ask me anything you'd like and I'll do my best to give you an accurate and honest answer now til the end of the internet. Hopefully that's never, but who really knows anymore. I support anonymous and MOST of what they do, some of the things claimed anon I cant help but wonder if its not just a cover some dude threw together to get out of a specific crime. Kind of like getting less punished for stealing when its a riot breaking out in the streets, I don't know how many people I've heard of that hope for a riot just to go looting. Kind of Odd.

I Love my country and Fear my government. I believe that our constitution in its original form is our best bet at this time. I will not stand here and tell you Americans are smarter than anyone or that we are better at making decisions and have better laws, because I'm not a liar. I believe the majority of Americans are almost total idiots. Not all, but certainly a good bunch, and lesser intelligent ones. I've seen quite a few of both sides on that thought on this website, so we'll see what kind of response that brings.
I think that our wars are stupid and our troops are mislead with hopes of being heroes and instead are put out to murder those "terrorists" who usually turn out to be farmers or some other innocents we needlessly murder because "hey, its not in america!" get real people. Im a hippy and a revolutionary. What say you?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lohartigan90

I posted and saw that my title didn't add up. To go along with my beliefs on our constitution, I am certainly a huge gun collector. Many people are concerned about self defense and hunting when they consider why they need their guns. Those are 2 of the 3 most important reasons we need guns in our country and the 3rd is so ghastly and unheard of that most people would look you right in the crazy eye about it. The Most important reason we have the Right To Bear Arms in the United States of America is most certainly to overtake our government by force if necessary. Thomas Jefferson was a wise man and had many quotes I'll probably use from time to time essentially saying that no government is perfect and over time they will need to be renewed as humans have the tendency to become corrupt in a position of power.
And I could very well be wrong, I'm in a bit of a hurry however I believe it was Abe Lincoln that said "Those who sacrifice Liberty for Safety, Deserve and shall receive neither." Again I may be wrong on the quote, but the point stands. We need to stop thinking the government is good and allow them to fear us, not the other way around.

Why is it that people get scared when they see police (for the most part) even when they are doing nothing wrong? Or when something anti government is said, a lot of people joke that "you better not say that too loud," however you ever notice it isn't too easy to see if they really are kidding or not.

That is why I carry a .45 most all the time, or have an AK-47 within my area. I'd like a nice tactical shot gun for around the house sometime also.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

welcome aboard

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hello,

Welcome to ATS, hope you have a good one

Here's a handy link to help you with your posting : Frequently Asked Questions

Good luck.

SS

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Welcome

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You will fit right in.......

Welcome.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That quote was from Benjamin Franklin.
Not Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Greetings

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Thank you for the correction, I'll look things like that up in the future when I've got some more time.

new topics

top topics

join