It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did paranoid, gun-crazed mother trigger son's school killing spree? Friends say she believed world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
An "assault" rifle and a few handguns ........

She didn't own an assault rifle. An assault weapon is not the same as an assault rifle.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I actually had that thought when it happened...Ok not that exact thought.
I wonder if it's happening so often this year because of 2012 psychosis. I think that fear is pushing people to that edge. Not to say these people weren't a mental health risk to begin with, but I do think it's the straw breaking the camels back.

I always said if major issues happen around 2012, it's likely to be a sort of self filling prophecy. People get so fearful of impending doom and not being in control of their own fate, they decide to be what they fear to others by taking those things from them.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There`s nothing bad about guns as long as we don`t let crazy people own them.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

That's correct. They will attack the dead..... Make it out like she pushed him into it. When you know your child is capable of violence.... You don't foster violence in your home. You don't own weapons of this capability with a mentally ill 20 year old has access to them.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Lots of people think the world is going to end, but they don't leave semi-automatic weapons lying around, with bullets, so that their mentally ill son can grab them and go kill a bunch of kids. Dead or not, the heads of that household are to blame because they didn't keep their guns locked up in a responsible manner.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So she believed in a possible economic collapse coming.
Have you looked at our economy?
It is spiraling around the bowl, but don't worry it will go down eventually, and if it doesn't, the Government will be right there with a plunger.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Are you serious?

Yea cause when most people pick up guns they get the urge to go on killing spree's....
Its natrual

Guns are not magic....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What struck me as the oddest in this article (assuming the media has got it right) is that NO ONE went into her home. Her son spent 99.9% of his time at home. No one in his family has had much (if anything) to do with him including his brother & his father, in the past two years.

He was never left alone when he had a babysitter - even when he needed to use the restroom????

I'm all about privacy & don't care for having strangers or even acquaintances in my home. But no one being in the home. No one in his family having anything to do with him - for years???

Very strange to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde
What struck me as the oddest in this article (assuming the media has got it right) is that NO ONE went into her home. Her son spent 99.9% of his time at home. No one in his family has had much (if anything) to do with him including his brother & his father, in the past two years.

He was never left alone when he had a babysitter - even when he needed to use the restroom????

I'm all about privacy & don't care for having strangers or even acquaintances in my home. But no one being in the home. No one in his family having anything to do with him - for years???

Very strange to me.

I have to find the link to the article, but this was also the case for Jared Laughner. Neighbors reported that his father was quite controlling and the family was rather insular as a whole. Not saying this is part of a conspiracy (though it could be)---this just might be a key social/psychological phenomena to the psychology of mass killers. Very insular families and controlling (and A-type) parents seems to be a commonality among a few of the killers.

-Ghoster
edit on 17-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I'm not necessarily subscribing to that theory but I could not figure out why the mother bought the weapon that looked similar to a AR-15...I said similar not the same before I get corrected. Just thought it was not a gun a mother would want to shoot and just assumed she bought it so her kids could use it...yes that's a sexist comment but that was my initial thought..wonder if she belonged to any local gun ranges...what's the fun of owning a gun if you are not practicing now and then...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Got to agree with you wholeheartedly.

I can imagine a situation where a disturbed loner believing in 12/21/12 might think 'if we're all going to die in a few days why not go out with a bang and be the most famous person in the country for the last week of existence'. Such a person might think what's the difference with people dying today or on the 21st. Targetting kids might make some kind of twisted sense to the murderer in that situation, as killing kids rather than adults gets him more press.

Additionally I am in no doubt whatsoever that violent video games played by kids are much more responsible for tragedies like this than guns themselves.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

....that caught my eye too.

very unusual in any community not to let anyone into your house.

another article stated she wouldn't let anyone at the front door

even look in too far into the house.

Something very very odd in this "little detail"; don't trivialize this.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Yep that is a sexist comment, but you're not the first to bring it up and you wont be the last.

I really don't understand the viewpoint that men could be interested in such guns but not women. It makes no sense to me and seems to harken back to the days of 'girls play with dolls and boys play with cars and trains'.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by HunkaHunka

If the question is how her beliefs affected her child, her beliefs are certainly relavent. Especially in this case. Just sayin'.

If it was her belief in unicorns there wouldn't be any discussion, accordingly.

I think the article is grasping. The children were hardly his pupils were they?
edit on 12/16/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

Also wasn't he an adult not a child?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
The guy was a loner & very strange , I bet he felt the world was against him .
He snapped , but he should never should have been able to access guns .

The guy in China killed as many with a knife and that has happened in previous years in China and here also.

Being a so called "loner" like myself does not make you nuts! Most people on ATS could be called "strange".

Saying "I bet he felt blah blah" is meaning nothing at all!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If he really believed the world was ending or that society was collapsing, then he would believe he was being merciful or doing those kids a favor by killing them so they wouldn't have to suffer later. It is crazy because they did suffer multple gunshot wounds. They died in fear and pain. It was no mercy killing but perhaps in his crazy mind it was.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

....that caught my eye too.

very unusual in any community not to let anyone into your house.

another article stated she wouldn't let anyone at the front door

even look in too far into the house.

Something very very odd in this "little detail"; don't trivialize this.

Maybe having two sons and working the place was a mess all the time.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Maybe she was a hoarder. There are people who do hoard things. Maybe she had wall to wall stuff? There are hoarders that have wall to wall stuff with a tiny little path so they can get to the bathroom. One lady couldn't even get into bed, she just slept on top of her stuff. If it comes out that this lady was a hoarder, I'd almost feel sorry for her kid. I have seen those shows where people hoard stuff and I feel so sorry for their kids. They really have no home. They can't even see their home because they can only see boxes and bags of stuff. They have to sleep on top of it and walk on top of it. Some hoarders even die because their stuff collapses and then they are crushed. Either that or they can't get out or get to a phone. They starve to death surrounded by their stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Now we will get paranoid mothers (even more), afraid of people who live mostly alone (escpecially when they live with their mother!).
They will whisper to other mothers (&friends), that he/she looks suspicious and that he/she even may have got guns where they all get scared as hell.

Damn the media hyping everything and the people/world going nuts about it.

Pim Fortuyn, when he was murdered, everyone was sure it was done by a foreigner! (because of his anti foreigner view basicly).

Then it was some left/pro green guy, then after the left (political party's) and ''green'' became very unpopulair! So the right party's got many votes/power.

People are so playable, it's scary.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
If he really believed the world was ending or that society was collapsing, then he would believe he was being merciful or doing those kids a favor by killing them so they wouldn't have to suffer later. It is crazy because they did suffer multple gunshot wounds. They died in fear and pain. It was no mercy killing but perhaps in his crazy mind it was.

My theory is (of course it's mostly guesswork so big change I'm wrong!).

He (her son), would probaly (pretty sure), being told, first by diagnosis (after of course she/her parents and troubles with him), that he was not ''ok''. And when friends knew or even his friends and the kids from his class knew, he had some mental desease.. but ok he handled that, for the most part. But he got imprinted hardly inside of himself; he's not ok, he's wrong, not normal, mostly likely he thought very bad about himself.

Then (many many years later) his mother would lock herself up (&him), she most likely was depressed (& she was divorced) and telling negative things everytime she could, telling him (perhaps), that he was a big cause of her unhappiness. And on top of that she believed the world would end soon + of course some other things (he's alone, no gf, no dad (maybe he put blame on himself even for that they separated) ,perhaps also no good look on future for himself (most likely).
Then something snapped.. He shot her mother in the face!

Those kids where on her school, maybe she often told how great those kids are (compared with him). That she wished? (of course big guesswork here!). Or he remembered how happy was on that age still.
Maybe I'm puttting to much blaim on the mother here (&outside stuff), it's just a scenario.

Remember, often, when people who are bad with kids or even had sex/raped them or worse, often, had parents who where very hard on their kids (fysical abuse), and or even sexual abused them as kids and they often later do the same thing when growing up.
Of course this is not always the case, but you read/hear it often.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join