It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did paranoid, gun-crazed mother trigger son's school killing spree? Friends say she believed world

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have read that she kept her life fairly private (nothing wrong with that) and that many who knew her thought she was trying very hard to do her best to parent a difficult son... had the impression she was having a pretty rough time with him.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Mrs Lanza, 52, was a ‘prepper’ – so called because they are preparing for a breakdown in civilised society – who apparently became obsessed with guns and taught Adam and his older brother, Ryan, how to shoot, even taking them to local ranges.

Careful, those preppers are dangerous...

never waste a tragedy when there is an agenda to be pushed...
edit on 16-12-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

They take care to mention it as many times as possible in the article aswell.

Even the picture caption lol.

And i think they photoshopped that brown paper bag into the photo of him when he was younger . Anyone else notice it looks weird ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I have read that she kept her life fairly private (nothing wrong with that) and that many who knew her thought she was trying very hard to do her best to parent a difficult son... had the impression she was having a pretty rough time with him.

Yes, and was horrifically shot multiple times by the son she tried so hard to help. BUT.. this sort of thing means nothing when folks are on a witch hunt. Lets demonize her ( paranoid and gun crazed) , the mentally ill, preppers, gun owners, homeschoolers ( since he was homeschooled and its more than likely his not being socialized that caused him to murder children... of course, which I have heard right here on ATS by someone who obviously has NO idea about home schooling), etc, etc, etc ad nauseum. Im disgusted with many ATSers recently.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by ausername
If believing the world is on the verge of collapse is a reason to go on a killing spree, more than half of ATS could be considered potential mass-murderers.

Once again... reading is fundamental. The issue here is not what the mother believed, but how her beliefs influenced her mentally disturbed child.

translation:

i am the Holy Inquisitor! how dare you attempt to defend a witch?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So what I am seeing says that he went to the school the day before and argued with four teachers, one of which is still alive. If that is the case then we may actually learn why this happened.

The media will probably try to spin it to demonize preppers though.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Mormons are prepper's and many own guns and i don't see them shooting up places or people.

This was a mother and son that were more then a little nuts and not the run of the mill prepper's.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Mormons are prepper's and many own guns and i don't see them shooting up places or people.

This was a mother and son that were more then a little nuts and not the run of the mill prepper's.

Tisk tisk............we do not know that this mother was nuts, thats whats being portrayed in the media.........

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Put simply, kids are a product of their parents.

That's the way I see it.

The cycle will never end unless that generation stops procreating.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

After reading the article sounds like she was a very good and devoted mother. This kid was just not right and probably on medication or going through withdrawals of some medication an easy target for mind control. it had nothing to do with her lifestyle. The %&*#@ media is just exploiting another tragedy to push their BS agenda.

edit on 16-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Many on here have predicted that this is exactly what they would say about her. Oh and she is dead and cannot defend herself.

Yup u nailed it

Preppes et are coming for you

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Dangit you beat me to the punch!

She was married to a tax exec which is unnerving to say the least.
edit on 12/16/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2012 by Lunarian because: Changed my mind

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

he went to the school the day before and argued with four teachers, one of which is still alive.

Missed that one; got a link to source??

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I find this quote from the article curious.

Like Mr Holmes, they never met Adam, a reclusive youth who had few if any friends and spent most of his time in two adjoining bedrooms in the family home. There he would spend hours on his computer, much of the time devoted to playing violent games

The article emphasizes how no one ever went into the house. How no one had seen this young man in years. How would the article's author know this?
edit on 16-12-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Well... here is an interesting situation. So the Mother spun a narrative to her children about imminent disaster and demise...

So if it wasn't the Aspergers, was it the Mothers parenting? Obviously preppers in general don't raise crazy kids... but what if they have mentally disturbed children who don't know how to handle their "high strung" parents as this article points out?

Very interesting... what are your thoughts?

Philip J. Fry turned out okay..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The guy was a loner & very strange , I bet he felt the world was against him .
He snapped , but he should never should have been able to access guns .

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Friends and family portrayed Adam Lanza’s mother Nancy as a paranoid ‘survivalist’ who believed the world was on the verge of violent, economic collapse.

Crazy woman!

Everyone knows the US economy would never collapse! And if it did, I'm sure everyone would peacefully help each other out.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
1) Ok well i guess like most of you, i (we) don't know the full story as of yet. none of us (that i am aware) knew Adam, his mother or any of the family. We hear mixed stories from the press which contradict other stories to throw people off from the truth. But we all know that the media like pulling the p*ss out of preppers, they make them out to be some kind of weirdo's that run around with guns and knives wanting the world to end..... which isn't actually that true.
Anyway so from what i believe, the MSM heard that Miss Lanza may possibly have been preparing for an economical collapse which from what her ex husband knew and who he supposedly worked for, she may have heard something she wasn't meant too and has been right the whole time. The MSM hear this and automatically latch on the idea she is a crazy prepper who has brainwashed her son, i mean i get teased for having a bug out bag... thats it just a bug out bag nothing else..... people think im crazy. so imagine what the rest of the sheep think when they hear she was a prepper with food, guns, and other survivalist items. Its a easy solution/story for the MSM to use that people will buy without digging around.

2) Just kind of off topic..... I can see No reason why Adam, mentally unstable or not would go into a primary school and shoot innocent children. And his mother, i think it would take a lot to shoot your own mother 4 times in the head, a lot of anger and hatred (or maybe no feelings at all), and then to drive to a primary school after seeing the blood and knowing what you are going to do, it makes no sense apart from pure shock value, such an undescribable act of horror would make most people sick. As bad as collage shootings (or any shootings) are, the primary school shooting was even worse, it hit home harder for everyone. But i guess i'm trying to say that most other shooters have a issue such as bullying, racism.... Aurora and now sandy hook they don't seem to have any reason except the person of interest being mentally unstable.
Too me (and this is my opinion) there is something behind this act (gun control???) other than what is on the surface, also others, there is others involved.....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think it is all summed up pretty nicely.

A. Prepper
B. Guns
C. Video Games

There ya go instant mass murderer. The prepper mentality combined with violent video games (which we all know cause people to go on murderous rampages) and the guns sitting there telling him to go murder people. Damn evil whispering guns.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Mrs Lanza, 52, was a ‘prepper’ – so called because they are preparing for a breakdown in civilised society – who apparently became obsessed with guns and taught Adam and his older brother, Ryan, how to shoot, even taking them to local ranges.

Careful, those preppers are dangerous...

never waste a tragedy when there is an agenda to be pushed...
edit on 16-12-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

If I may? She may very well have been a prepper and there is not a thing wrong with that BUT, and here is where I wish to interject if I may, if her son had asperger's AND a mental illness, there's a possibility he took some of what she was teaching him and twisted it. Their minds do not think like ours do. I know this because my daughter is autistic. I'll try to teach her something and she'll latch on something that I have no idea where she got it from and launch from there and I'm supposed to understand what she means. With Autism they only come into our world's for a brief moment and then they go back into theirs. We must enter their world to understand them. Sometimes even with asperger's.

Again she did NOTHING WRONG, he just needed help that she could not provide. THAT IS ALL That is what is so tragic about this entire story. But in end, she will be blamed, he will be blamed, everyone will blamed and really the truth is, he should have been in a boy's home for autistics where he would have been more comfortable. That's what saddens me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join