It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did paranoid, gun-crazed mother trigger son's school killing spree? Friends say she believed world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Did paranoid, gun-crazed mother trigger son's school killing spree? Friends say she believed world was on edge of collapse

www.dailymail.co.uk

The mother of the loner who massacred 26 pupils and staff at a US primary school may have played a major part in his catastrophic mental breakdown, it emerged last night.

Friends and family portrayed Adam Lanza’s mother Nancy as a paranoid ‘survivalist’ who believed the world was on the verge of violent, economic collapse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well... here is an interesting situation. So the Mother spun a narrative to her children about imminent disaster and demise...

So if it wasn't the Aspergers, was it the Mothers parenting? Obviously preppers in general don't raise crazy kids... but what if they have mentally disturbed children who don't know how to handle their "high strung" parents as this article points out?

Very interesting... what are your thoughts?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Many on here have predicted that this is exactly what they would say about her. Oh and she is dead and cannot defend herself.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Thats fine....but how does that explain the second shooter that police had in custody? The one that was found in the woods, screaming, 'I did not do it'.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Lots of people think the world might end at any min, but they dont decide to go and kill a bunch of children first. Looking for things to blame other than the shooter himself is pointless.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

What second shooter or am I missing something?

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Mrs Lanza, 52, was a ‘prepper’ – so called because they are preparing for a breakdown in civilised society – who apparently became obsessed with guns and taught Adam and his older brother, Ryan, how to shoot, even taking them to local ranges.

Careful, those preppers are dangerous...

never waste a tragedy when there is an agenda to be pushed...
edit on 16-12-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This whole thing stinks to high heaven and just gets riper with every new piece of information... We will never know what really happened here....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If believing the world is on the verge of collapse is a reason to go on a killing spree, more than half of ATS could be considered potential mass-murderers.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes, more crazy accusations targeting the 'preppers'. Ironic, b/c, if you ask me, they are the sanest among us.

They see what's coming, which couldn't be more obvious, really, no matter how much 'they' try to distract us with consumerism and garbage TV.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
OK, I have been reading all of these various threads with theories about what happened.

Many I have previously dismissed as unreasonable.

It was when it became more obvious that this was a trigger to prompt gun restrictions that this started to get my attention. This is terrifying. I see a civil war coming from this.

But now THIS OP, has me very, very worried.

I am not a "survivalist" or anything close to it, but I would defend the rights of anyone to prepare like this if they feel the need. And I have also seen a growing trend of the government to be fearful of survivalists, and to try to find a way to reign them in. Now, if they start going this route with blaming this tragedy on a "crazy survivalist", I am growing very fearful that some of these conspiracies may have some truth to them. If this event is going to be used as fuel to not only collect guns, but arrest survivalists and... perhaps take their children away to "protect" them, then I think this entire country is in some deep ####.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I knew someone would post something like this crap

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Well.. it could be that he wasn't a shooter and that he was telling people he didn't do it because he didn't.

I saw a video where an officer said that even if someone were in the woods chopping fire wood they would have been arrested.

It was a man in camo pants, many people saw him arrested, I am sure you could find some accurate information about the person if you searched. Do that next time (search) rather than outright calling them a second shooter.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
An "assault" rifle and a few handguns ........

This makes a person a gun nut?

Wow, if these people walked into my house or any friend or family members house, they would have an immediate massive coronary.......

Love how they are attacking a dead woman.........

Funny.........I thought taking into consideration everything that was going on w the gov here in america, the fiscal cliff, the dropping value of our dollar, the loss of jobs, and the continuous grabs at power from the american people by our gov, would make someone ASTUTE....

So taking all those things into account and pondering that we could be heading for trouble and preparing for a what if situation by making sure your famiy has food and protection to survive makes you a nut?

Sounds to me like good parenting trying to take care of your kids...........

And looking at the medias, and the govs reaction to all this doesnt wake people up? For all you "enlightened" and "intelligent" people out there "denying ignorance", you should be picking up on these huge warning signs......not condoning them

If erring on the side of caution because of the crap thats going on in this country makes me a nut.........then consider me certifiable........
edit on 16-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMasterMinder
Lots of people think the world might end at any min, but they dont decide to go and kill a bunch of children first. Looking for things to blame other than the shooter himself is pointless.

Perhaps you didn't read the actual OP?

Go back and read that again.... what the article is talking about is NOT what the shooter believed, but what the mother of this mentally disturbed child believed and lived accordingly.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Yes, more crazy accusations targeting the 'preppers'. Ironic, b/c, if you ask me, they are the sanest among us.

They see what's coming, which couldn't be more obvious, really, no matter how much 'they' try to distract us with consumerism and garbage TV.

Of course... everyone else is crazy right?

lol

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
If believing the world is on the verge of collapse is a reason to go on a killing spree, more than half of ATS could be considered potential mass-murderers.

Once again... reading is fundamental. The issue here is not what the mother believed, but how her beliefs influenced her mentally disturbed child.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Once again... reading is fundamental. The issue here is not what the mother believed, but how her beliefs influenced her mentally disturbed child.

And thats the key point there.......how someone elses belief influenced a MENTALLY DISTURBED child (which he wasnt by the way he was 20)......

Anyones belief no matter how benevolent........can turn into vehicle for destruction by anyone that is mentally disturbed.........

To try and make this mother out to be some sort of scape goat, because of what her MENTALLY DISTURBED son did, is just as bad as blaming the guns he held to do it........

The facts arent in on this woman or how she treated him, so jumping to using her to ride this out is completely irresponsible.......

Unless this woman was feeding him revelation style stuff and working him up, then all this drivel is distraction.....
edit on 16-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm not talking about 'the end of the world' type stuff. I'm talking about, 'the economy is going to crash' types. Which it is. Spectacularly. The 1930's is not so long ago that we should forget how that went. It is even worse now, b/c more people are citified, and therefore, next to helpless. A person cannot heat their home, refrigerate or cook their food, if just one thing is taken out of the equation - electricity. Helpless. Add to that that many people don't even know how to feed themselves if it does not come out of a box or a restaurant, and that spells big trouble.

We went from being 'pioneers' and all that entailed, to being pretty much helpless. I'll say it again:

People who are making a point to learn skills they will need, and preparing themselves for the worst are the sanest people among us.

This comment really caught my eye, I hadn't even thought of that implication:

"...perhaps take their children away to "protect" them..."

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

If the question is how her beliefs affected her child, her beliefs are certainly relavent. Especially in this case. Just sayin'.

If it was her belief in unicorns there wouldn't be any discussion, accordingly.

I think the article is grasping. The children were hardly his pupils were they?
edit on 12/16/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join