It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRENDING: Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
11:43 AM ET TRENDING: Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill

The senator said she'll introduce the bill when Congress reconvenes in January and the same legislation will also be proposed in the House of Representatives. "We're crafting this one. It's being done with care. It'll be ready on the first day," she said, adding that she'll soon announce the House authors.

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation, and the possession. Not retroactively, but prospectively. It will ban the same for big clips, drums or strips of more than 10 bullets," she said. "There will be a bill."

And so it begins ..

Guess this one depends on which side of the fence you are on.... is it the beginning of the end or the end of a beginning?

No more than 10 bullets in a clip sounds weird.., assault weapon ban seems sensible. (what would i know in the UK though)

so Mr and Mrs Americans is this the end? or a good thing?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
no its not the end mrs fienstien trys this every year and fails miserably each time. even with the rash of shootings other then attempting an assault weapons(i use the term loosely as its not really accurate term) ban will not end well and the 2nd amendment is not going anywhere any time soon as getting rid of it directly in my opinion is not possible with the numbers in the senate and the house as i think they would need a 2/3rds majority to pull it off

www.thepoliticalguide.com... here is a pretty good list of the things she has passed and the things she has tried to pass interesting enough her and biden have worked together in the late 90s on a id bill for gun liscences,figured id beabel to find a list of all the times she has tried but with all the new articles its hard to use the way back machine like im used to
edit on 16-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Assault weapons are full Auto, Semi automatic rifles are not assault rifles. It currently is illegal to own full auto weapons unless you have a pre ban weapon (very hard to come by) which is grandfathered in or you have a license which is also difficult and expensive to obtain. For our oversees board members it's important to note and acknowledge that the average person CANNOT own a full auto rifle in the US. Even the cool military style weapons that are sold over here are still semi auto. I was planning on building my own AR15 in the not so far future but it looks like I'll have one in the next month.
edit on 16-12-2012 by CincinnatiReds because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Frankenfeinstein could introduce a thousand bills banning guns or restricting the size of clips, none will pass.

Oh and frankenfeinstein has a CCW.
edit on 16-12-2012 by bjax9er because: add

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
no its not the end mrs fienstien trys this every year and fails miserably each time. even with the rash of shootings other then attempting an assault weapons(i use the term loosely as its not really accurate term) ban will not end well and the 2nd amendment is not going anywhere any time soon as getting rid of it directly in my opinion is not possible with the numbers in the senate and the house as i think they would need a 2/3rds majority to pull it off

You're right it's not possible and even if both houses approve of revoking the second amendment (which is not the issue) the states would have to approve it.

There are essentially two ways spelled out in the Constitution for how to propose an amendment. One has never been used.

The first method is for a bill to pass both houses of the legislature, by a two-thirds majority in each. Once the bill has passed both houses, it goes on to the states. This is the route taken by all current amendments. Because of some long outstanding amendments, such as the 27th, Congress will normally put a time limit (typically seven years) for the bill to be approved as an amendment (for example, see the 21st and 22nd).

The second method prescribed is for a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States, and for that Convention to propose one or more amendments. These amendments are then sent to the states to be approved by three-fourths of the legislatures or conventions. This route has never been taken, and there is discussion in political science circles about just how such a convention would be convened, and what kind of changes it would bring about.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds
Assault weapons are full Auto, Semi automatic rifles are not assault rifles. It currently is illegal to own full auto weapons unless you have a pre ban weapon (very hard to come by) which is grandfathered in or you have a license which is also difficult and expensive to obtain. I better buy my AR before this crap goes through.

That is exactly what I did when the Aurora shooting happened. Now with the last two shootings the ammo is getting really hard to come by. I usually check websites daily, most are down to only 3-4 choices of .223/5.56. Stock up while you can. I am purchasing another weapon this week.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Like I said in many other posts here on ATS, I am ok with that kind of bill, as long as the militia’s have same access as police and military officials... it will not be a problem.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
US will end up following Australia's lead in gun law reform:

1) No semi auto rifles or pump action shotgun allowed unless you have special reason for it due to work etc

2) No clips larger than 10 rounds regardless of which weapon.

3) All gun liscence applicants need a criminal history check and mental record check.

4) All guns must be locked away in a metal safe all the time with ammo locked in a seperate safe or compartment of the same safe. All guns must be empty at all times when stored.

5) 1 month cooling off period for purchasing your first firearm, this is to help calm people down who might have applied for one for the wrong reason.

6) Random inspection of your rifles to ensure they are kept under lock and key unloaded. If not, they get confiscated.

In all honesty, the above rules/laws are common sense.

When was the last time you really needed an AR15 to go bunny hunting or deer hunting?

For true hunters its the hunt more so than just the kill.

I agree with the 2nd ammendment and the right to bear arms, but semi -auto's do not have a place in society.

If your so afraid of the government do something about it.

I think all semi auto's should be banned and any one found in possession of them on the streets or elsewhere should be jailed for 5 years minimum.

Society can continue to go on with respectable, law abiding gun owning citizens that care for their rifles the right way.

If you require constant access to an AR15 and heaps of rounds of weapons, then I think you need to re-evaluate your life.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Again or still? Didnt know she ever stopped

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
so if autos are already banned .. is this a stealth way of sneaking a bit more through without directly assaulting the constitution?

No more than 10 bullets in any one clip , drum or device? now that to me would seem to limit an awful lot of guns, i mean don't hand pistol clips carry 20-30 more if semi auto? like i said i am in the UK so not massively familiar with guns and their capacities.
edit on 16/12/12 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/12/12 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Assault weapon is a completely arbitrary designation given by lawmakers with no real meaning other than "it looks military".
Many so called assault weapons are available in both full and semi-auto configurations. It is illegal to make a semi-auto in to a full auto. Its NOT illegal to own one in all states. In Virginia for instance, you have to pay a $250 fee and register for a class 3 license. I'm sure the same is true for many other states.
Just remember when they try to pass these laws that they have to specify which models of gun they are trying to regulate since assault weapon is a meaningless term.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

The Australian laws do seem to be common sense, I'd rather no guns anywhere but hey that's just me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well I told some friends a few years ago that if we witnessed an mass shooting that involved children, It would usher in sweeping new gun laws. We are in trying times and its time to stock up!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

yep,she tried pullign a stunt and having one of her guns melted in to a cross and then she gave it to the pope but she does own guns her self as well as has and armed security detail.

thefiringline.com...

abcnews.go.com... even for an ardent anti gun person she flip flops too as in this article from earlier this year. she said now not the time for gun control now shes for it again....

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of more outspoken gun-control advocates in Congress, said today that both Mitt Romney and President Obama should give the gun control issue a lot of “consideration,” but said now is a “bad time” to press the issue politically.

www.calccw.com... here is a forum talking about her explaining her ccw

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
And thank God the House is in rational hands. The only real danger to our freedom is what Obama may attempt through "executive order".

I predict he will take a run at ammunition purchasing and Government snooping following up on weapons purchases.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

on the hand gun magazine capacity question: glocks can have 33 round mags but standard for most full size semi autos is 15-20ish(rough estimate and average) most 1911's(ww2 service pistol) carry 7-8 rounds,most conceal carry weapons carry from 6-10 depending on caliber(in my experience)
A SMALL NUMBER of rifle type fire arms(ak47/FAL/AR platform) are available in pistol format(shorter barrel and no stock) and those usually accept 20-30 round mags that go with their larger equivalent.if you have any other questions about guns im more then happy to help some one across the pond who is in search of knowledge

interestingly enough from a youtube video i saw of a brit it seems some of your gun laws while makeing it hard to get a gun give you more options then we have in the states for example the british gentleman in question was demonstrating a silenced 12 guage that he is allowed to own due to it reducing noise so his neighbors dont complain where as in america it would be a separate process and additonal tax work to get such a device

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
US will end up following Australia's lead in gun law reform:

1) No semi auto rifles or pump action shotgun allowed unless you have special reason for it due to work etc

2) No clips larger than 10 rounds regardless of which weapon.

3) All gun liscence applicants need a criminal history check and mental record check.

4) All guns must be locked away in a metal safe all the time with ammo locked in a seperate safe or compartment of the same safe. All guns must be empty at all times when stored.

5) 1 month cooling off period for purchasing your first firearm, this is to help calm people down who might have applied for one for the wrong reason.

6) Random inspection of your rifles to ensure they are kept under lock and key unloaded. If not, they get confiscated.

In all honesty, the above rules/laws are common sense.

When was the last time you really needed an AR15 to go bunny hunting or deer hunting?

For true hunters its the hunt more so than just the kill.

I agree with the 2nd ammendment and the right to bear arms, but semi -auto's do not have a place in society.

If your so afraid of the government do something about it.

I think all semi auto's should be banned and any one found in possession of them on the streets or elsewhere should be jailed for 5 years minimum.

Society can continue to go on with respectable, law abiding gun owning citizens that care for their rifles the right way.

If you require constant access to an AR15 and heaps of rounds of weapons, then I think you need to re-evaluate your life.

You left out the Drug Test

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Semi automatic rifles are not assault rifles

They massacre large numbers of people, so I'd say they definitely are.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I am in Australia as well and quite frankly the laws we have, some of the most draconian in the world, only prevent law abiding citizens from having them.

It is quite easy to get hold of handguns, semi-auto rifles seem to be a bit harder but only because I am a law abiding citizen and only possess weapons I am allowed to own. An ex-friend owns two pistols, both illegal.

I was looking in a shop last week that had a lovely sniper rifle, bolt action, .27Caliber, nice scope! I could buy it tomorrow.

It is always the case, the good guys can't get them, Police response times are abysmal and criminals can get whatever they want.

Making something, anything, illegal does not work, never has, never will. That is human nature.

P

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Semi automatic rifles are not assault rifles

They massacre large numbers of people, so I'd say they definitely are.

So, what do you call a shotgun? Far more lethal to groups of people than any so called assault weapon.
You liberals are nothing if not entirely lockstep predictable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join