It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As TIme Speeds Up/Slows Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Reading a lot of threads about time ending n the 21st as we entire a "once in a lifetime" event, I remember reading that time will seem like it is speeding up exponentially.

At least that is what it would feel like to us. In actuality we will be slowing to a halt and then time will "end".

Anyways…
Since time is speeding up as far as "we" and "our world" is concerned, and since this is happening exponentially, would that not mean that this next week will become more and more bizarre by the minute?

About the shooting incident.

I feel like these kinds of "events" can only happen at the very minimum, one week at a time.

It would be interesting if stories that punch us with the same amount of magnitude as this one did, hit us every day or every other day!

Not that I wish this to happen.

I've just been wondering about the whole time seeming to speed up exponentially theory, as we approach the 21st.

I'm almost expecting something as important as this recent event to hit us by this Tuesday (I hope not).

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

I have always been of the belief that time only seems to speed up as you get older. It does, the older you get, the quicker it goes. It scares the crap out of me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A good symbol of something speeding up exponentially would be an explosion.

A simple evolutionary step that may need to be baptised in fire,

A cosmic bomb, a suitcase big bang, the next inch for life.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Your conception of the mathematical expression 'exponential' seems somewhat weak.

You may wish to rethink and rephrase your post. Here is a Wikipedia link for your consideration.

edit on 16/12/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Your conception of the mathematical expression 'exponential' seems somewhat weak.

You may wish to rethink and rephrase your post. Here is a Wikipedia link for your consideration.

edit on 16/12/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

lol a Rigor-nazi, i've seen it all

i wonder if your seeming inability to provide the correct term [instead of exponential] is
in proportion to not having a clue regarding the subject?
or would it be a derivative?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

from an occult viewpoint you make sense

nothing like human sacrifices to create fear and hate, thus lowering the worlds vibrations

and there seems to be a Mass Human Sacrifice being set up
in Bugarach www.religionnewsblog.com...

already being preemptively promoted by the "nothing will happen" "prophesiers" as the next heavens gate style "mass suicide" along with "let's lock up 2012'ers, before they hurt somebody/themselves" witch-hunt talk.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Your understanding of the word 'conception' seems somewhat weak.

You may wish to rethink and rephrase your reply.

As you are so well versed with Wikipedia, I shouldn't need to provide a link.

So how is FinalCountdown's understanding (conception!!) of exponential, weak? Like it says 'state your case'.

Your reply, like this one, adds no value to the original post, maybe anal-ego-pissing-contest.com would be more appropriate.

Methinks congrats to FC for his line of thought/questioning... Cheers.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I for one believe that time passes by faster with movement. Maybe it's all the commotion .

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I'm almost expecting something as important as this recent event to hit us by this Tuesday (I hope not).

Wednesday at the latset

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tru3NugMaster

I agree completely. Also the fact that we keep track of time so obsessively. Birthdays, holidays, appointments, ect, ect. I have always wondered if we did not obsess over certain days and keep track of them so rigorously, that maybe time would appear to slow down.

Stinking time! Where did you go??

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Time is of course relative but ones perspective of time is also relative. Times passage is never perceived as a constant to conscious living things. A Hummingbirds perception of time is far different than a Human Being. So is a Turtles perception of time.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CovertAgenda
reply to post by chr0naut

Your understanding of the word 'conception' seems somewhat weak.

You may wish to rethink and rephrase your reply.

As you are so well versed with Wikipedia, I shouldn't need to provide a link.

So how is FinalCountdown's understanding (conception!!) of exponential, weak? Like it says 'state your case'.

Your reply, like this one, adds no value to the original post, maybe anal-ego-pissing-contest.com would be more appropriate.

Methinks congrats to FC for his line of thought/questioning... Cheers.

InspirationEverywhere's post explains it most succinctly. An exponential sequence gets really big, really fast.

Consider this number sequence 2, 4, 16, 256, 65536, 4294967296 & 18446744073709551616. This is an exponential number sequence. In only 7 steps, the number becomes too big for most normal calculators to display. In a few more steps, even scientific calculators would be unable to hold and display such numbers (of course using scientific notation).

Now imagine time getting faster by the same step sizes and you will see that it cannot be getting "exponentially faster" as the passage of time would soon be so fast that we could not discern between any events!

In respect to DerepentLEstranger's request that I provide the correct word that should have been used in the original post, I believe that the OP should have read that their perception of time is such that it seems to be passing incrementally faster.

I can also assure the poster of the OP that despite their feelings that time is variable, all instruments (and physical processes which are regular and repeatable) show that time is still flowing at exactly one second, per second, without variation (excluding certain relativistic exceptions which I will not detail here as the language may get a bit "technical" for some).

Merry Christmas

edit on 17/12/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
Reading a lot of threads about time ending n the 21st as we entire a "once in a lifetime" event,

You lost me when you showed that you can't spell the simple word "enter" correctly. Such a mistake in the beginning of your message doesn't promise a whole lot for the rest of it.

But all hope need not be lost! Maybe you can still learn something from this:

americantypo.site11.com...

Next time, you have absolutely no excuse, because now you have the information on how to spell all those words correctly.

(Not that you have an excuse NOW, because the internet exists, free dictionaries are plentiful, and obviously you have an internet connection and a keyboard. There is no excuse to make an american typo.)

And no need to thank me, I do this because I want to.

top topics

join