Guns Don't Make Us Free. Period.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

exactly.

But I guess we can be like Europe where we go to jail for injuring burglars and have to watch squatters move into our homes when we are on vacation....

will ......consider.....it....
edit on 17-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Ah, that old doozy again. You go to jail for unlawful actions on a burglar, not for attacking a burglar. If i hit a burglar with a hammer, that is fine. If i then pursue him to carry on hitting him, that is assault and rightly i would face prosecution. It is all about "reasonable" force, which is a healthy position for society to aim for.

For example, in a recent case, 2 men got prison for breaking the back of a burglar. He was attacked and restrained and then had his back broken. Whilst it is hard to have sympathy for someone that breaks into homes, that is a step too far. If they had battered and restrained him, they would have been fine but they went to extra lengths to cause damage to him - that is assault.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by oper8zhin
[color=dodgerblue]The FOUNDERS of this great country included an AMENDMENT in our Bill Of Rights that give us citizens the RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. PERIOD.

For those who disagree with our FORE-FATHERS WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COUNTRY OR SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

TWO CHOICES: SHUT UP, OR LEAVE AS YOU ARE ACTUALLY A TRAITOR ANYWAYS IF YOU IGNORE OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.

Period.

End of discussion.

Right to keep and bear arms

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Sounds like a nice Fascist state you got going there.

How does more individual rights and a government not taking them away from the people make a fascist state?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What a boring thread.
Is this the new trend? Bending down and taking it up the...?
Yeeeeea, you know it.

You're not going to change anything like that. You're as weak as watered down lager.
1984 is knocking on your door, what you going to do now? Oh wait, nothing anymore.

First you allow your self to be mind controlled, then you accept it, then you agree with them and now you want to spread your cowardliness everywhere.
You think those politicians give a....about you? Think again. You know this, but you prefer to crawl up and cry.
Well cry then.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I prefer the sanctity of a home over the well being of an unlawful intruder.

Call me crazy, but I hear how you guys bitch about your own laws here in Europe. I have been living here for 5 years. You don't like them one bit, but online you seem to change your tone when critiquing the US and its property and weapon laws.....

Thing is our would of, could of, and should of´s, turn into reality, and so we feel safer in our homes than you...
edit on 17-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by michael1983l

[color=dodgerblue]The FOUNDERS of this great country included an AMENDMENT in our Bill Of Rights that give us citizens the RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. PERIOD.

For those who disagree with our FORE-FATHERS WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COUNTRY OR SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

TWO CHOICES: SHUT UP, OR LEAVE AS YOU ARE ACTUALLY A TRAITOR ANYWAYS IF YOU IGNORE OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.

Period.

End of discussion.

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Sounds like a nice Fascist state you got going there.

How does more individual rights and a government not taking them away from the people make a fascist state?

It is a fascist state because you are saying it is my way or the highway. NOTHING is up for debate. Democracy involves debates, votes and popular opinion. You seem closed to all of these by your statement. That makes you just as bad as the Fascists.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Do you though? Serious question there. In the UK we do not see the need to have guns everywhere - so surely we feel rather safe in our homes? I would not presume to speak for other nations (or even for my own, really) but it does make me wonder about your point.

Regarding moaning about laws, that is an inbuilt human condition. You will find that average Chinese citizen bitches about laws just as much as your average American or Brit. Not just laws either, bitching is a popular human past time!

ETA:

Star for making me think about it.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Look as Canada... they have a right to arms as well, but no where near do we see as many occurrences of crimes committed with guns or assault weapons.
Look at other countries in general. We are not less free than you... actually I feel immensely safe.

Who needs guns. Safety in Canada works pretty good unless you happen to be First Nations.

The high rates of violence faced by Indigenous women in Canada is a national human rights tragedy – one that requires us all to speak out loudly and clearly so that government will finally listen.
www.amnesty.ca...

With more than 582 cases of missing or murdered Aboriginal women in Canada, First Nations groups called on the federal government to launch a public inquiry Thursday.
metronews.ca...

I could go on, but it proves you don't need guns to kill people, especially if they're weak and without guns with which to protect themselves. Keeping Canada's record spotless only requires silence on the part of officials who can't be bothered to investigate these cases so getting away with murder is easy if you pick the right targets.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This may have been posted somewhere, I don't know, and being there are so many gun topics I don't know where to post it.

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, and four other adults; at least 58 people were injured. The perpetrator killed his wife first, and later committed suicide in his last explosion. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7–14 years of age[1]) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in United States history.

The bomber was the school board treasurer Andrew Kehoe, 55, who was angry after being defeated in the spring 1926 election for township clerk. He had a reputation for difficulty on the school board and in personal dealings. He was thought to have planned his "murderous revenge" after the public defeat. For much of the next year, a neighbor noticed Kehoe had stopped working on his farm and thought he might be planning suicide. During that period, Kehoe carried out steps in his plan to destroy the school and his farm by explosives.
en.wikipedia.org...
Kehoe's wife was ill with tuberculosis and he had stopped making mortgage payments; he was under pressure for foreclosure. Some time between May 16 and the morning of May 18, 1927, Kehoe murdered his wife by hitting her on the head. On the morning of May 18 about 8:45, he exploded incendiary devices in his house and farm buildings, setting them on fire and destroying them.

Almost simultaneously, an explosion devastated the north wing of the school building, killing many schoolchildren. Kehoe had used a timed detonator to ignite dynamite and hundreds of pounds of incendiary pyrotol, which he had secretly planted inside the school over the course of many months.

They will find other means, they always do.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Do you have any idea what an insurmountable task it would be to disarm American, there are people with arsenals, and I imagine more then we realize.

How would they do this?
Go door to door?

It aint gonna happen.

They may require stricter laws to buy them or what-not, or ban sales on line perhaps they could ban ammunition

What ?

Our government the biggest arms dealer in the history of this planet?

Creating havoc in the middle east?

That government banning weapons?

What a bunch of hypocrites.
edit on 103131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Never say "period." that is all.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You just named every big government conspiracy, and now you are begging the evil government to take away our guns.

WTF

You must be a democrat.
Only democrats can be that stupid.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

You must be a democrat.

Spoken like a true republican - because republicans NEVER do anything wrong, right?

Need we discuss the erroneous policies of a certain George W. Bush?

Don't bring labels into this. Using labels only tells us exactly how closed-minded and uninformed you are, otherwise you would know the two parties are playing into each other. It's called Realistic Conflict Theory. Wikipedia it. That's how the illusion of democracy is spun, because as long as we THINK we have a choice, we won't fight.

So really, it was never JUST the republicans or the democrats. They walk hand in hand. Get it?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Guns don't make us free. Period.

Guns also don't make us maniacal, homicidal serial killers. Period.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Guns don't make us free. Period.

Guns also don't make us maniacal, homicidal serial killers. Period.

This is true. But do you really think humans can be trusted with power over life and death? Should all citizens be given such power, just because a few have shown they can handle it? What has history shown us? All of the great empires we read about no longer exist. Why is that? Because absolute power corrupts absolutely. Inevitably, it crumbles from within.

What do you think we're seeing now?
edit on 17-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Humans have always been entrusted with power over life and death. The only question that remains is WHICH humans?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Do you have any idea what an insurmountable task it would be to disarm American, there are people with arsenals, and I imagine more then we realize.

Genuine question I have here, one I've been thinking about.

'I'm president. I announce a 1000% tax on all arms sales and ammunition. It's effective immediately and I use one of those convenient presidential powers I've given myself to do it.

At the same time I offer to buy back all guns at twice the current market value, for cash or for three times value with US bonds'.

Would that go some way to doing it? Maybe a fraction?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Humans have always been entrusted with power over life and death. The only question that remains is WHICH humans?

The ones who are most useful to the guys giving the power.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Period.

End of discussion.

I agree but I would also include the view of the founding fathers on corporations and central banks. The downfall of our economic system can be traced back to corporations and central banks!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by bjax9er

You must be a democrat.

Spoken like a true republican - because republicans NEVER do anything wrong, right?

Need we discuss the erroneous policies of a certain George W. Bush?

Don't bring labels into this. Using labels only tells us exactly how closed-minded and uninformed you are, otherwise you would know the two parties are playing into each other. It's called Realistic Conflict Theory. Wikipedia it. That's how the illusion of democracy is spun, because as long as we THINK we have a choice, we won't fight.

So really, it was never JUST the republicans or the democrats. They walk hand in hand. Get it?

Don't use labels?
That's all the democrats ever do is assign labels.
Rich
Poor
Middle class
Racist
White males
Gun nuts
Religious nuts
Extremists
Terrorists
When democrats stop labeling me in these categories,
I'll stop labeling democrats, stupid Marxist communists.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join