It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
In America we retain the right (and means) to ensure that freedom. I can walk out of my front door tomorrow and buy 100 guns an 1,000,0000 rounds of ammo without a problem...I can TOMORROW...next year is a different story.
Originally posted by milominderbinder
Obviously in the wake of Friday's tragedy there has been much ado about whether or not more strict gun laws are coming to the U.S. or not.
Here is why it makes ZERO difference if the proverbial "they" come to "take our guns away". (in no particular order, chronological or otherwise).
1. In 1963 the whole country watched as the US Intelligence Appartus murdered a sitting US President in broad daylight and produce an OFFICIAL explanation that rests on the presupposition that at least SOME bullets are imbued with magical qualities. To this day...gun owners have done nothing about it.
2. Bob McNamara came clean and told us all that the Gulf of Tonkin Incident never happened. Gun owners did nothing.
3. Reagan wheeled out the unconstitutional "War on Drugs". Gun owners did nothing.
4. The CIA announced that they now torture people without trial in secret overseas prisons. Gun owners did nothing.
5. The whole country watched an ENTIRE PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION lie about the Iran-Contra Arms deal. Gun owners did nothing.
6. Donald Rumsfeld to justice for announcing he "misplaced" 2.3 Trillion dollars THE DAY BEFORE THE 9-11 ATTACKS!! Gun owners did nothing.
7. Colin Powell lied to every man, woman, and child in the country on national television in order to start a 9-year, $1 Trillion dollar war in Iraq under completely false pretenses...which ultimately resulted in 1 MILLION CIVILIAN DEATHS?? Gun owners did nothing.
8. HUNDREDS of FEMA camps sprouted up underneath the Patriot Act. They are built now...and sit empty...just waiting. Gun owners did nothing.
9. Occupy Protestors had chemical weapons deployed on them and their Constitutional rights subverted ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY. Gun owners did nothing. In fact...many (certainly not all) of them supported the cops because of some silly artificial cultural war that your slave masters conditioned you to believe in.
10. Virtually every week there is a new story about a police officer beating someone to death, executing a family pet, tasing people with reckless abandon, kicking a pregnant woman in the stomach, etc, etc, etc. Gun owners do nothing.
11. The Federal Reserve and the Banksters conspire to swindle your fellow citizens out their HOMES for Christ sake. Gun owners did nothing.
12. Countless corporations have screwed you and your neighbors out of their pensions, retirements, and investment portfolios. Gun owners did nothing.
13. About 10,000 other things too...I'm sure.
I hate to burst your bubble...but the only thing the NRA has done since it's inception is bribe politicians.
Quit fooling yourselves...because you're certainly not fooling anyone else.
Originally posted by Merriman Weir
How bad does it have to get America? The majority of you will hand in your guns and step into cages before ever firing a shot, all the while lying to yourself that having guns and the second amendment will stop it happening.
Originally posted by BrBen
Please allow me to respond to only number 8. Of all the numbered statements.
I believe that this will answer your posts entire premise by keeping it simple.
Our guns do indeed keep us free in that they cannot fill their fema camps as long as we have our guns, they must first disarm us under the pretext of keeping us safe.