It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns Don't Make Us Free. Period.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
So in the end the government can start hauling undesirable people into concentration camps but if they wont touch the 2nd amendment everything is ok. As long as they dont try to disarm people they can do whatever they wish. Like assasinate citizens, lock them up indefinetaly etc.

not saying that, but most people are peaceful, don't want to shoot you or anyone else. that's the real irony of all this. and that people are actually buying the line that gun owners are violent, ignorant people who live only in the south, is more of an indicator of willfully believing lies. the stereotypes are fast and furious and completely bogus. now if americans were to revolt, UN troops and predator drones would put an end to that in a massacre, unheard of on american soil. the only solution is for the american people to follow the very sage advice of jesus, which is "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword". that is the patience and faith of the saints. meaning, essentially, if we don't remain peaceful, we will be rendered down to nothing more than a bloody spot on the page of history. the only thing that has kept us from killing each other to this day, is that we are essentially a peaceful people, ruled by a violent group of power hungry mad men.
edit on 18-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hence the whole point of the original post. Tyranny exists even now and armed citizens are not doing anything to stop it. There is only one thing that can succesfully revolt and that is united people, armed or not.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hence the whole point of the original post. Tyranny exists even now and armed citizens are not doing anything to stop it. There is only one thing that can succesfully revolt and that is united people, armed or not.

we are united, but we are united against the rest of the leaders of the planet. the odds are not in our favor. to think otherwise, is to be as willfully ignorant as those who try to pretend that your geographical location indicates your IQ or capacity to learn (a survival of the fittest meme, to be sure. /sarcasm thanks darwin. /end sarcasm).
edit on 18-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Insane people like this will always find ways to obtain them. The shootings in Norway, Finland and Germany prove this.

There are far less mass shootings in Europe than the US, so maybe that proves you're wrong.

Obviously the more rare and thus expensive guns get, the harder it will be for crazy people to get them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
^i rest my case, your honor.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
maybe darwin is pissed that US christians are not violent enough for our own good. so now they have to pretend like we're violent, by creating violence if necessary. sorta like when they send in instigators in protests, to work the crowds up in hopes they melt down and break out in violent confrontations.

or maybe they just think because we aren't violent enough to defend ourselves when logically we should, that we need to be weeded out for the benefit of the species. who knows, either way, it seems someone has decided they'd rather rule over people who want to kill each other in turf wars, than peaceful people who think killing each other is wrong and have learned from history, that violence doesn't solve anything. the voting booth use to, but we've apparently been over ruled on that as well. they couldn't leave well enough alone, i guess.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
States have their own constitution and guard forces.

Having a gun is a 'right' according to our current bill of rights... Once 'they' take away our guns, it'll mean that the basics of what the USA was founded upon to be total rubbish. Think that is what most people are worried about.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2012 by 11235813213455 because: Because I'm starting my new years resolution early

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Guns Don't Make Us Free. Period.,

Yeah but it makes certain things free!
Now Shut up and gimme the money!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

So in the end the government can start hauling undesirable people into concentration camps but if they wont touch the 2nd amendment everything is ok. As long as they dont try to disarm people they can do whatever they wish. Like assasinate citizens, lock them up indefinetaly etc.

We will not EVER "haul people off to concentration camps" here in America. It's not the American Way.

In THIS country we will create an INGENIOUSLY DEVISED panic that is SO REAL while it's happening that people fail to even stop and THINK about what is happening so that they line up AND POSITIVELY BEG to be incarcerated into a concentration camp. You forget...we are the undisputed CHAMPION of propaganda, marketing, and salesmanship.

My guess?

It will be a deadly pandemic and the only way to get the vaccine to be screened and approved for "quarantine". You will have people so desperate to get themselves into a "safe zone" or whatever the hell we will call them that they will actually APPLY AND COMPETE with one another to be determined "worthy enough" to be "accepted".

Just a hunch...it just seems so...well...AMERICAN to me.

Plus remember...the whole control mechanism in the U.S. is predicated on the belief that the one's carrying out the orders are "heroes" and probably a distant cousin of Jesus Christ. This way the "safety zone" workers who are in charge of "security" will be able to lie to themselves and pat one another on the back because they are "saving lives".

That's another reason why I don't put much stock in the 2nd Amendments ability to "keep us free" or keep us out of the FEMA camps. There won't be any tanks rolling down the street rounding people up...we are stupid enough to RUN to them. Especially if we perceive it as being an external threat...an Iranian supervirus would do it for sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

you think that's uniquely american? wouldn't that be the way people would behave in any country that wasn't in the middle of a full out civil war?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2012 by undo because: oops. wrong thread

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Tell that to the Japanese and German Americans during wwii

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have been discussing several things about guns today and maybe because I live in Texas and have friends in Mexico I might feel a little different than someone from New York or other parts of our nation.

Mexico has one of the more serious gun bans for it's population in this hemisphere. There is a drug war there just as our leaders claim and fund @ $500 a second we have in America. The Mexican people cannot protect their lives, property, or livelihood and look at how many people are killed there yearly; somewhere between 40 and 50,000 a year was the last figure I saw. Governors, police, news people, are prime targets. Zetas say if you drive a bus and make $20 a week you give them $5 or die. You sell houses/land and make $300 you give them half or get very important pieces of your body removed before you die. Yep that is Mexico and the Zetas not America but if you think they and others are not in America then sorry you are wrong.

Yep those gun bans work for those who have their own private security detail but it appears not so well for the peons or those who can not afford a security detail. How many wars do we have going on now? Terrorism seems to be big with several departments of our government and in my humble opinion people who try and fight a war without some means of defending themselves no matter 'how well meaning their intentions' end up DRT.
Also I was around when Pol Pot decided to have a little over a million of his people who were teachers etc etc killed so I am sure I am slightly jaded.

I am responsible for my own safety and in the event something evil my way comes I am always the first responder; the police are there after most things go down to fill out the paperwork and notify my relatives to claim the body if I can not defend myself and the Perps were serious about ending my life..I would protect my wife or die trying as she would me.

Florida I think now has 1 million CHLs (concealed handgun licenses) and if you look at the people who actually go to the trouble of getting there CHL they seem to almost never be involved in an incident except where the back page story makes a brief mention of how the CHL stopped some bad person from their nefarious deeds.

Guns stolen are a problem but not having one when two bad guys break into a home then rape two very young girls then the wife while the Dr. husband is tied to a chair...oh and set fire to the house to cover their tracts is a bigger problem IMO.

Allot of this stuff has to do with mind set and how one is raised. There are those who walk through life and nothing ever happens and there are those who in an instant something happens and they realize they to are responsible for their own well being and protection. I would prefer to fight back with all means possible to protect my family instead cower in a corner or on my knees waiting for a base ball bat to thee back of the head.

Just me and not for everyone, obviously

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

There were 7 theaters within 20 min of Aurora CO psycho's home. Only ONE banned Conceal Carry. He chose that one

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by oper8zhin
[color=dodgerblue]The FOUNDERS of this great country included an AMENDMENT in our Bill Of Rights that give us citizens the RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. PERIOD.

For those who disagree with our FORE-FATHERS WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COUNTRY OR SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

TWO CHOICES: SHUT UP, OR LEAVE AS YOU ARE ACTUALLY A TRAITOR ANYWAYS IF YOU IGNORE OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.

Period.

End of discussion.

Right to keep and bear arms

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Sounds like a nice Fascist state you got going there.

A fascist state would disarm its citizens.

Like ours wants to.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Allot of this stuff has to do with mind set and how one is raised. There are those who walk through life and nothing ever happens and there are those who in an instant something happens and they realize they to are responsible for their own well being and protection. I would prefer to fight back with all means possible to protect my family instead cower in a corner or on my knees waiting for a base ball bat to thee back of the head.

Sounds great and all....but then why are you a slave? You have guns, right? You're a rootin'-tootin' tough guy...why aren't you "free"??

...besides...nobody is talking about banning guns. Read the thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

True, what you're saying is that since guns don't make us free anyway, why bother owning one. Its the same argument as the gun banners, just from a different angle.

Human rights to self protection simply ARE, they are not granted or regulated by government.

Some people think God can be found in the pages of the bible and some people think freedom and the right to life can be found in the pages of the constitution. They're wrong, its just words on pieces of paper ~ changable words at that. But maybe that's why so many people still think dollar bills have value and agree to accept these worthless promises to pay for their REAL products in REAL money somewhere down the line.

A world of fakery. That's what keeps us prisoners.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

S/F Op

As an American and a gun owner I see the frustration you feel. There is one major problem though. You are comparing an individuals right to own a gun to an armored tank brigade. I think without exception, everything you mentioned could not be solved by whoever you expect to organize a movement of gun owners to become judge and jury on most if not all of what you mention. However, all of what you mention simply needs 1,000,000 American People to march peacefully on Washington and say "we are not going home till you quit your crap." "You work for us and we are firing you."

So rather than write that career politician that don't care about anything but his re-election, write your friends, call your friend and get some T-Shirts printed up and Flyers. Start a website or blog and stop blaming everyone for not doing what they need to do. This is an American problem that only the citizens can fix. The Government has played it's hand and we all know what it is. I respect your feelings and my prayers are with you and beyond..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Sounds great and all....but then why are you a slave? You have guns, right? You're a rootin'-tootin' tough guy...why aren't you "free"??

Hummmm for some reason I do not feel like a slave in the classical sense; guess it depends on mind set.

Nope not a tough guy just a citizen who has lived to a ripe old age and am comfortable with the decisions I have made along the way. Yep I have guns but they are just tools that many people who live away from cities have. We even carried guns on the flight deck when I flew for the airline; hummm why...so we would be free to stop a BG who wanted to hijack the flight to a destination not on the flight plan. Since that went into effect and the doors and a few other procedures were instituted we have not had an American Flag Carrier hijacked; and no TSA is not at many places once you are out of the states.

Wow I even carry a pistol or two when out and about, not a big deal to me, and if anything makes me DE-escalate a situation where before I might have just said, "Bring it MF,,,(my friend). I shoot with Border Patrol, ICE and others at a friends gun range and hear some of the latest gossip about our surrounding area.. The Drug trade and the normal bad stuff even happens around here....Good old USA

I have no misconceptions on being able to defend myself and wife from some younger determined thugs who want to do what thugs seem to have a propensity to do; thus I go about my daily life armed. Does not make me tough or a policeman just makes me someone who knows from statistics and a long life I will probably never have to use a weapon to defend myself..... yet I also know it is better to have one than wish you did when it is to late..

I guess a 100 pound woman should be able to fight toe to toe MMA style with a 210 pound Bad Guy who wants her purse and body; in truth you see it in the movies sometimes... maybe news for you, in reality it don't work that way....a 70 year old man regardless of who he once was is not going to defeat a group or maybe even one BG most of the time without a equalizer. Even then, the outcome is yet to be written.

I live in a border state and there are things that happen around here to innocent people.... not as often as one might think because there is a high percentage of CHL holders .BGs do not know who is part of the gun free zone or who is carrying some form of pistol...in-spite of the numerous people carrying there it is a much safer area than the cities in America who insist the citizens go about there lives with no way to defend themselves except there mouth and fist.

Actually most CHL holders go about their business looking to avoid, not engage and guess what; "they walk among you and you will never know" unless some crazy person or group attacks you and your local CHL sees what is happening and decides you are worth saving.... or just minds his own business and figures that is your problem for not protecting yourself......Both examples have happened.

So guns do not make you free? Define what level of free you mean? Free to go where I want and not worry that I am at the mercy of some sicko...then yes for me I am free because I usually have a gun.

edit on 19-12-2012 by 727Sky because: makes

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join