It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lanza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Lanza

www.youtube.com

This snippet is from an interview of Jonathon Lanza, Uncle of Adam Lanza in Sandy Hook, CT on Friday. He suggests the name for the drug Adam might have been on in the inerview. I haven't heard anything else about the drug on mainstream media reporting of the incident and am interested in the types of drugs the shooter was on.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rep-am.com

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I believe Jonathon Lanza says the drug the suspected shooter was using was called Fanin but I can not be certain due to audio. I can't find anything similar sounding to Fanin or Phanin (maybe fanyn?) on google.

The link to the full interview is attached below and lasts a few minutes. it goes into the reason Nancy Lanza (the first victim) had guns which was self-protection.

www.youtube.com

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Fanin Fanin may be available in the countries listed below.
Ingredient matches for Fanin
Diazepam
Diazepam is reported as an ingredient of Fanin in the following countries: Taiwan

Drugs.com

Autistics quite often uses Ritalin and this one seems to be more like antidepressant one.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

Looks like the drug was fanapt, which is an anti-psychotic.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The drug that I believe Adam and James Holmes where on was Scopolamine. I also believe if Adam didn't kill himself and ended up in court, he would have acted EXACTLY like James Holmes. Drugged like a zombie.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
The drug that I believe Adam and James Holmes where on was Scopolamine.

Afraid of getting airsick, was he?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I thought he said bannin(how it sounds phonetically)

I searched for various spellings I could think of and came up empty.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ok, so the drugs he was on, his upbringing, his gun-loving mother, blah blah, is there a point to this thread?

It seems in America that health care is quite expensive and a lot of mentally ill people can't afford treatment, it also seems that getting a gun is like buying candy, there's 2 major reasons why things like this happen.

I'm still waiting to see how long it will be before "The Lanzas Were Doomsdayers" thread appears

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Newsflash, this guy's daddy was filthy rich, he didn't have that problem.

I think the real problem is all the pills doctors hand out like candy, not guns. Doctors are in the business of hiding symptoms with expensive pills, not trying to cure anything. Big pharma has our medical system by the balls, the AMA is a joke and a hindrance to us. They keep doctors scarce, to keep prices sky high, that doesn't help matters any either.

Doctors aren't even aware of listed side effects half the time, let alone the ones the lobbys fight to keep off the list. People had to fight to get suicidal urges put on antidepressants because of them, and others are not fighting to get aggression added to a lot of psych drugs as well.
edit on Sun, 16 Dec 2012 19:08:15 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow the reporters are ruthless hounds. It's one thing when he is cooperating and willing to talk. But when he walks away and says that's enough...why don't they leave him the hell alone? They literally stalk him like a hound dog.

If that was just one intersection with all those people, I can imagine what the rest of the town must've looked like. It's no wonder reports were being contradicted. It was utter chaos and confusion that descended on that small little town.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

I believe you may be right; that article mentions diazepam causing the same problems.

Fanin Fanin may be available in the countries listed below. Ingredient matches for Fanin Diazepam Diazepam is reported as an ingredient of Fanin in the following countries: Taiwan

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I have no clue about diazepam, but I was given lorazepam when I went to the hospital last. I don't remember much after I took it(it was the disolve under tongue type), don't remember the two hour ride home, but I was supposedly talking like normal, and acting normal. Next thing I remembered was waking up the next morning.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

That would be extremely odd. While benzos are still prescribed for short term anxiety issues their primary use is now in treating epilepsy. In fact diazepam hasn't really been used on a large scale since the 80s.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by dollukka

That would be extremely odd. While benzos are still prescribed for short term anxiety issues their primary use is now in treating epilepsy. In fact diazepam hasn't really been used on a large scale since the 80s.

Really? Because I work in a dental office and we use the hell out of it. The plastic surgeon I do records for uses it on all her patients pre and post op. About everyone I know over the age of 30 has an Rx for it. Diazepam is just Valium and at least in my neck of the woods, it's used all the time.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

fanin fanin or fanapt - i think we should outlaw or ban chemicals that alter the human spirit... are meds really necessary for asperger's? of course, we don't really know what if any medical conditions he was diagnosed with... but we do know that he was prevented from buying a gun legally a few days before the shooting!!! so at least the gun laws worked.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stormy46237

Like I said, it's used for short term stuff. This means surgeries, dental procedures, etc. it used to be the go to for all anxiety issues but with the rise in SSRIs, SNRIs, and other drugs that are just all around more effective the wides use of Valium and other benzos have seen a significant decline. If this kid was on Valium it wasn't for a mental disorder.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stormy46237

where is your neck of the woods - if everyone in your community is drugged out i want to stay away from it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by brettrix

Lanza

www.youtube.com

This snippet is from an interview of Jonathon Lanza, Uncle of Adam Lanza in Sandy Hook, CT on Friday. He suggests the name for the drug Adam might have been on in the inerview. I haven't heard anything else about the drug on mainstream media reporting of the incident and am interested in the types of drugs the shooter was on.

Related News Links:
rep-am.com

According to a YouTube comment the name of the drug is Fanapt.

It seems to be a very serious drug for schizophrenics. Most of the pages don't seem to list much about it, so it must be fairly new.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Ok, so the drugs he was on, his upbringing, his gun-loving mother, blah blah, is there a point to this thread?

It seems in America that health care is quite expensive and a lot of mentally ill people can't afford treatment, it also seems that getting a gun is like buying candy, there's 2 major reasons why things like this happen.

I'm still waiting to see how long it will be before "The Lanzas Were Doomsdayers" thread appears

Ask and yea shall receive....

Doomsdayers

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Newsflash, this guy's daddy was filthy rich, he didn't have that problem.

I think the real problem is all the pills doctors hand out like candy, not guns. Doctors are in the business of hiding symptoms with expensive pills, not trying to cure anything. Big pharma has our medical system by the balls, the AMA is a joke and a hindrance to us. They keep doctors scarce, to keep prices sky high, that doesn't help matters any either.

Doctors aren't even aware of listed side effects half the time, let alone the ones the lobbys fight to keep off the list. People had to fight to get suicidal urges put on antidepressants because of them, and others are not fighting to get aggression added to a lot of psych drugs as well.
edit on Sun, 16 Dec 2012 19:08:15 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

As someone with medical conditions, I can attest that a lot of the times doctors DO know the side effects and are more than happy to STILL throw the pills at you and then throw MORE pills at you for the side effects of the previous pills. Why? They get paid to. I refuse them half the time and just live with the pain, but sometimes, you really have no choice. I'm on 13 pills a day, 2 of which are vitamins I've just added to my regimen to try and reduce some pills I take. Doctors will also ignore what's wrong with you half the time, and just throw pills at you, not caring about a single word you just said. And yes, I've refused them.

I have a doctor who every appointment with him, weighs you, draws blood, x-rays you, and that's before you're seen! Before they call you for your co-pay you wait 3-4 hours, then they call you, you pay your co-pay, then you wait another hour, hour and a half, they take you back for the x-rays and blood and whatnot, they put you in a room, then another hour before the doctor comes in. Then he blows you off and tells you how wrong you are and how he knows everything and throws pills your way that have nothing whatsoever to do with what's wrong with you, writes your refills and messes them up, so pharmacy can mess them up, so you have to make another appointment to get them fixed. IMHO, it's to scam medicaid/medicare. I don't need an xray and blood every visit. Weight and blood pressure, yes, but all that rigamarole is just to take their money. There's no reason for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join