It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Three Sided War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Everyone is always on about how WWIII will be the US, Israel, EU, and the GCC countries against Russia, China, Iran, and Syria, but people are forgetting that WWIII could end up being a 3 sided war, or maybe even 4 sides. What are your speculations as to who will be against who when TSHTF in a 3 sided conflict...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

US, Great Britain, Israel vs Iran, Egypt and Syria
Russia vs Ukraine and other ex Soviet Union countries
US, Great Britain vs China and North Korea

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
why don't you tell us what you think ?
The poster of the thread should tell us their thoughts first so we can agree or disagree

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well I honestly don't know. I know the UK and France withdrew their ambassadors from Israel after the mass-settlement on Palestinian territories after the UN elevated them to a non-member observer state, and Turkey has a bad history with Israel so I don't particularly think the UK, Turkey and France would be on the same side as the US, Israel, GCC and EU. And then the third party would be Russia, China, Iran and Syria.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would propose the UK,USA,EU and Israel will always ultimately side together because the economic and political elite are so inter connected . As far as a many sided conflict goes i believe old empire psychology would kick in meaning former Soviet states siding with Russia ( except EU Members ) commonwealth countries siding with the U.K etc . We could also count China/NKorea as a single group because China is actually already an alliance of states even if its an ancient one.
Also to develop this further we could consider were the main fronts would develop ( assuming it doesn't go straight to nuclear) i would predict middle east for the large natural resources and eastern Europe because of the proximity of two sides

that is all , any counter comments welcome

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
At this time with US as the lone hyperpower allied to most of the planet I can see no scenerio where a world war would occure. Now if things have changed 10 years from now I may have a new view.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Be interesting to see what nations like India would do in such a situation. Nations will do whats in their best interests, I keep seeing Russia and China grouped together even though they don't exactly have a great relationship. Russia wants closer ties with the EU.

If a conflict broke out between the west and China for example, there's no guarantee Russia would just side with China. They could look at the situation and decide to sit it out, and let the west and China weaken each other and take each other out.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
Be interesting to see what nations like India would do in such a situation. Nations will do whats in their best interests, I keep seeing Russia and China grouped together even though they don't exactly have a great relationship. Russia wants closer ties with the EU.

If a conflict broke out between the west and China for example, there's no guarantee Russia would just side with China. They could look at the situation and decide to sit it out, and let the west and China weaken each other and take each other out.

If Russia seeks greater ties with the EU I can see Russia, the EU, and China on one side, US, Israel, and the GCC on the other, and Iran, Syria, and Egypt in the middle, both the Russian allies and the US allies vying for control of the oil fields.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

I'd say China would be a rival to Russia/EU rather than aligning with them, their exploits in Africa will put them on a collision course with the rest of the powers with vested interests there

top topics

join