It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Daily News - Terry Kerry 'Fair Game'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Okay - just one more Terry Kerry article....
(unless her head pops when her hubby doesn't win)

Only a week to go until Kerry is defeated and his
post-election attempts at stealing the election fail.
(his 10,000+ lawyers with the jets fueled up ...)
Then Terry Kerry will be gone from the front page and
we won't be able to poke fun at her anymore.

Article: www.nydailynews.com...
Excerpt -

New York Daily News
October 24 2004
by Bill Goodwin

In the spirit of the Kerry campaign official who declared Vice President Cheney's lesbian daughter "fair game," let us now turn to the question of whether John Kerry's wife is fit to be First Lady.

The issue is "fair game" because of how Teresa Heinz Kerry is behaving. Already wildly unpopular - her approval rating is an anemic 30% - she did the political equivalent of mooning her neighbors last week by insulting First Lady Laura Bush. Said Heinz Kerry in an interview: "I don't know that she's ever had a real job - I mean, since she's been grown up."

The incident, including a quick apology for forgetting Bush was a teacher, librarian and full-time mother, was a one-day wonder because Laura Bush brushed it off. But it was not an isolated event. It fit a pattern Heinz Kerry established with a series of breezy putdowns and oddball rants.

There was the blast at the "scumbags" who criticize her, the claim that "only an idiot" wouldn't like her husband's health care plan and her goofy suggestion that Caribbean hurricane victims "go naked for awhile" until food was delivered.

She's a fan of Botox, Armani and Chanel, calls herself "cheeky" and "sexy," but Kerry aides have heart palpitations every time she opens her mouth. Even some New York backers are concerned.

"We could have a bona fide head case as First Lady," said a supporter.

More of the article and 'Terry Kerry examples'
why the NY Daily News says Terry Kerry is 'fair game' -
www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
In the spirit of the Kerry campaign official
who declared Vice President Cheney's lesbian
daughter "fair game,"

I didn't have any problem with Kerry bringing Cheney's
daughter Mary into the debate. All he was saying was
- hey, go ask Mary, she'll tell you what it's like to be gay -
I didn't have a problem with that - until I heard the
quote 'fair game'. Then I knew it was a set up. If they
hadn't said 'fair game', then I would have been just fine
with Kerry bringing Mary Cheney into the discussion.
I don't feel there was anything wrong with saying to people,
- go ask her how she feels -.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I still don't understand how any can believe that Teresa Kerry is 'first lady material'. It warms my heart to see that her approval rating is only 30% although I think that's still to high.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So.....what exactly does the First Lady do again? I didn't realize that it was an office position, nor that it came with any real power.....

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

New York Daily News
October 24 2004
by Bill Goodwin

The issue is "fair game" because of how Teresa Heinz Kerry is behaving.

Actually, the issue is fair game because she is the wife of a presidential candidate, which puts her as a potential First Lady. That and that alone is grounds for her being fair game.

The above statement by the writer of the article makes it sound like she is fair game as a consequence of her actions. I just find this a very odd comment.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
So.....what exactly does the First Lady do again? I didn't realize that it was an office position, nor that it came with any real power.....

Of course there's power. As First Lady (or First Man someday), you've got the ear of the most powerful person in the world. Anyone who thinks that their spouse doesn't have some amount of influence over their behavior is fooling themself!

As for Theresa, I personally find her a bit kooky and many of her comments uncouth. However, no matter how someone feels about her, I'd be very surprised if anyone would cite her as the primary reason to vote for or against Kerry.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoonieSkoba
Of course there's power. As First Lady (or First Man someday), you've got the ear of the most powerful person in the world.

AND ... you meet with international heads of state. The First Lady
definately represents America to countries overseas.

BTW - Hillary didn't say 'First Lady' or 'First Man'. In interviews she
has said 'First Mate'. This was because she said that marriage
wasn't always between a man and a woman.

(this was on TV, I don't have a link for it)

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoonieSkoba
Of course there's power. As First Lady (or First Man someday), you've got the ear of the most powerful person in the world.

AND ... you meet with international heads of state. The First Lady
definately represents America to countries overseas.

And don't forget that you have the ability to affect the health of a nation. As did Hillary when she caused the shortage of the flu vaccine in the US.

Heaven help us if Lovey gets the chance to impose her view of what the world should be like upon us.

She can tell you to "Shove off" and hubby can tell you that "That's not your business. That's my business" if you happen to question them.

That's how much they respect the American people that they want to govern.

top topics

join