It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials attack Websites spreading alternate info on shooting: Is ATS in the crosshairs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The BBC have reported that the police comment in regard to social media sites was in relation to people posting inciting messages -- some even claiming to be the Newtown shooter -- and that this would not be tolerated. There has already been a hoax call made to a church and here in the UK people were arrested during the 2011 riots for inciting revolt and looting through Twitter and other social media networks. A deep breath ATS as I don't see anyone on these boards advocating what happened nor hoaxing the police with disinformation.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What damage would misinformation on social media sites cause? They don't have to read it or do they investigate by reading some facebook page and take it seriously?

As long as your not threatening anyone you can say whatever the hell you want, free speech.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'd be happy if this guy was serious and would leave out the word "Social". The media coverage has been so craptastically bad on this shooting that there is no wonder that there is a lot of misinformation out there. Yes... this guy is a total douche, his tone is rediculous and if he thinks he can infringe on freedom of speech, he's delusional.

I do give the guy props that he has noticed that the misinformation is a problem, even if he has misdirected it at the "social media" when the real problem lies in the media's disinformation. The left wing media is so quick to jump on the bandwagon to blame guns and forward their progressive cause. The problem is we still don't know the truth... Was the gun used an "assault rifle" or even a rifle? I still don't know. Was the AR15 used or was it still in the trunk. If it was left in the trunk and if the killer used only handguns... is that a good or bad thing for handgun owners? For gun control advocates? For AR15 rifle owners?

The fact of the matter is... I don't think we are ever going to hear the real story. If you can keep the public confused... then there can't be real debate. What they don't want to hear is real debate on mass shootings... it might come to light that every single instance of mass shootings in the US boils down to ANTIDEPRESSANT USE!

If the argument came down to Antidepressant use... then you have politicians wondering if the public can find out if the big drug companies donated to their campaigns. You ever wonder who donates more to the campaigns of both parties? Is it the drug companies? Is it the NRA? I suspect the former. I hope someone out there is a little bit OCD (un-medicated of course) that will do the due diligence and report some numbers... Thanks if you do.

Below is a thread I posted that contains links to articles to support antidepressant link to mass killings

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=15546788#pid15546788
edit on 16-12-2012 by Froggy55 because: Link to my post in another thread

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They have no leg to stand on, legally speaking.

But that doesn't seem to stop them from trying these days.

And the full text of the Patriot Act is still unknown to most of us. Who knows what emergency powers can be "brought to bear" on the issue?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

this time youre screwed. this time its small elementary/kindergarten children who got their lives taken. theres not much you can do to oppose gun control policy, now. so long armed civil america. and please wellcome the NWO, the one republic planet goverment

top topics

<< 1   >>

join