Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Thats it, I have had enough of this

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am not sure if I can take much more of what we call humanity. Everything you hear is about how cruel we are as humans, how devestating life can be to innocent human beings. It is not just things in the public eye like the recent massacre but it is things that are happening every day, bombs going off in busy markets, rocket attacks on schools, annonymous UAV drone attacks that kill scores. Why must we always be destroying each other WHY? why is there famine in the world while others throw away food? Why do big palaces exist with few people living in them while millions live out on the streets in the bitter cold? Why are we insistant on destroying animal habitats just so that we can have some more useless gadgets and make our lives surrounded by uselss materialism. Why do we fight over religion when in the grand scheme of things the goal should be the same?

I am sick of this world, I am sick of its cruelty. I have brought children into this world and now with great regret I live in fear of their well being because I cannot trust the human beings around them not to try and harm them. I feel physically ill when I watch the news at night, I get a sick feeling in my stomach. I am scared, I am scared for what this world can do to those that I care most for. I live in fear all the time, I am sad, I weep at night. I do not think I can live any longer watching all of this happen all around me. I hate humanity and what it is doing to those that are innocent and know no evil.

I want to see a stranger stop by a homeless person on the street and offer him a hot meal and a warm place to stay for a night. I want to see those that choose to follow their religion stand up to those that use their religion to promote fear, death and hate. I want to see traffic stopped whilst that old lady is helped accross the street by a teenager. I want to see people being polite and encouraging good deeds. I want to see humanity stand up and say NO to our greedy governments and corporations and say enough is enough, everybody is equal and everybody deserves as good a life as the man next to him. I want to see the word greed removed from the dictionary and replaced with hope. I want to see the end of men fighting over land and resources, this world is too small and fragile for us to bicker so much. Nature can provide for us and we can all be happy yet we should not be happy until hapiness is a given and not a luxury.

Humanity is capable of this but we can only acheive it as one. I am not sure my heart and my soul can handle any more of the evilness, of evil men with evil hearts and evil goals. This is my world and I demand that you promote love and hapiness and we irradicate hate and evil for good. We stand as one before it is too late. Please do this, please show us all that this world is worth living in. I want to live but I cannot live with the world the way it is. It is time for change.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I used to be there friend. But I found that for every superficial, egotistically sick and evil person I've come across, there is always someone there to renew my faith in humanity.

My advice is to weather the nihilistic and misanthropic storm. If you make it and are strong enough and able to withstand the very real depression that results from such an outlook, you will come out of it a better human. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
One problem is that of it bleeds, it leads. You are faced with every negative story out there and none of the positive ones. With the Internet, you get into the livingroom of every tragedy that happens. In other words, you are getting skewed information. Your data set is one-sided.

If you recognize this, then perhaps you can lower your stress about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It is not to do with if it is reported or not, it is to do with the fact that it is happening at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by schuyler

It is not to do with if it is reported or not, it is to do with the fact that it is happening at all.

Well, it's been that way for half a million years at least. And I still maintain that your dataset is skewed. You are concentrating on the bad. I suggest you read the following:

"The Better Angels of ourselves; why violence has declined." by Steven Pinker. Pinker is no theologian; he's strictly a nuts & bolts guy. He points out the genocides of the past, the way in which we used to treat our fellow man, and how much that has changed for the better. It has ample statistics to prove the point. Of course you can choose to ignore this volume, but that just proves my point of people concentrating on the bad.

If you persist is being in a perennial funk because bad stuff happens, then you are perpetuating the negativity, walking around with a cloud over your head, like the guy who insists on wearing sunglasses and complains it's kind of always dark outside. It's a wonder anyone would choose to be around you.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Spread love and kindness. It's the least we can do to help.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I would bet most members here have been where you are and have experienced what you are feeling.
My best advice...(won't be easy)

Stop Living in Fear!!!

Fear is the enemy.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I used to be there friend. But I found that for every superficial, egotistically sick and evil person I've come across, there is always someone there to renew my faith in humanity.

My advice is to weather the nihilistic and misanthropic storm. If you make it and are strong enough and able to withstand the very real depression that results from such an outlook, you will come out of it a better human. Good luck.

Well said.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Spread love and kindness. It's the least we can do to help.

The world would be a better place if it was filled with more people like you.

new topics

top topics

join