It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Man I Met on Sept 10, 2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have told no one of this story. It is not much of a story but, do to the time it happened it has always bugged me.

On September 10, 2001 I was working as a security guard in Orange County CA. My uniform was very similar to the local Orange County Sheriffs uniform in color, patches and badge. I was always mistaken for a Sheriff and was always quick to let anyone asking know that I was only a security guard. On this particular morning I had ended my shift and was taking my usual series of buses to get home. One of my stops let me off by the Angels Stadium in Anaheim where I would walk up the street past the parking lot to the next bus stop. I was walking up the street when a man who appeared to be of middle-eastern decent and accent approached me coming from the opposite direction. As usual I figured he was mistaking me for the local Sheriff and I was preparing to tell him the usual line. The man stopped me and looked about in fear and said "My name is *****, I am being followed by the KGB, can you help me?" Unfortunately, it has been so long that I do not remember the man's name. I took him for one of the many wing nuts in the area and thought of how to react to his statement. At the same moment a helicopter was landing in the parking lot of Angels Stadium just on the other side of the fence from where we stood. I believe it was a local P.D. helicopter. I pointed to the helicopter and told the man that if he followed the fence around he could reach it and should tell them what he just told me. He looked a bit confused and worried and I walked on. In hind sight I feel horrible for not taking the opportunity to find out more about what he was afraid of. I don't know, and probably never will, if it was connected in any way with 9/11 or if it was just a chance coincidence.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

You'll probably never find out the truth, but I feel like you lucked out on dodging some sketchy stuff.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Most likely a nutter that did not know the KGB had gone away 10 years earlier.

join