It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrations as body falls asleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would like to know if anyone knew of an explanation to something I have experienced countless times, and absolutely know is 'real.' I just experienced it again, actually. I've experienced this so much because I am a very experienced lucid dreamer, and have also learned how to enter a dream without ever losing consciousness. You can especially do this after you have already got some sleep.

Anyways, as I start to drift asleep, but maintain awareness, my body begins to vibrate intensely. I want to emphasize how extremely intense this vibration is. It may also be accompanied by feelings that your body is being moved around. It is possible to control the movement and location of these vibrations, but it requires pretty extreme concentration and focus, which may be difficult due to the vibrations. When you use this state as an entry point into a dream, you will start to get images, and maybe sounds, and these will get more and more clear and vivid until you find yourself in a dream.

Anyways, when I first thought to ask this I was specifically wondering if there was any scientific knowledge of this phenomena. Nonetheless, I would also be interested in hearing 'spiritual' explanations. The two can be complementary. I know what first comes to my mind, is that these may be related to the vibrations described prior to astral projection/Out of Body Experiences. If there is no science on this yet, I am hopeful that experiments can be designed to determine what these vibrations are. Could turn out useful.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Google Edgar Cayce.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

I Also sometimes fell this shaking, as I call It as I am falling asleep I do not know what it is But it is very real . Great topic.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Me too, first I had a lucid dream, then a sleep paralysis or hypnagogia and my body was vibrating a lot. Finally a got an out of body experience for a short time. It was a little bit scary because I felt that somebody grabbed me and pulled me out of my body. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
For a bit of clarification on my view. I believe that it is related to the electrical activity of the nervous system.
edit on 16-12-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The vibrations are caused by your chakra's pulsing in unison & your astral body trying to exit your physical. You know the snap you get just as you are falling asleep that can freak you out. It's essential the same thing, your astral body is tethered to your physical and the snapping is your astral body snapping back into your physical.

I would recommend reading up on Dr Monroe and the astral levels, it will give you a bit more insight into lucid dreaming, oobe & the other astral levels.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
yes it's part of a kundalini awakening.. many MANY people are experiencing this right now leading up to the 21st.
has to do with your chakras and astral body..
above poster is correct.

research kundalini symptoms vibrations etc... astral body
edit on 12/16/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What you described is a well-known side effect of the beginnings of astral projection. I'm not sure what the exact physiological cause is. You could probably do some searches around ATS to find other people who've had similar experiences as a lead in to AP.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Certain states of fatigue can cause a sense of vibration feeling for us.
She and I say stuff like..."I feel so tired I'm vibratey."

It's possibly a good state for meditation, or at least dreaming, the lucid kind.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A couple years ago when I was doing intense meditation practices and trying astral projection, I got this same feeling.

It was usually after a deliberate attempt at astral projection, when my consciousness started to drift away yet I was still aware of the fact that it was drifting away. It almost felt like my astral body was vibrating EXTREMELY intensely, then afterwards that it was wiggling side-to-side as if trying to wiggle out of a shell. Soon after this point I usually feel as if I'm not breathing, and that's when I became scared and came to full consciousness.

So I'd say it's the beginning of astral projection.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have experienced this on a fairly regular basis for the past four years or so (a minimum of 3 nights a week). I describe it as an electrical sweep feeling, goosebumpy, etc. It is often concentrated on my spine and shoulder blades, sometimes like a band around my forehead. The forehead one has a slighly tappy feeling (almost like being hit with drops of water in the shower but not quite) that the spine one does not. The forehead one is less common for me and strikes me as somehow more important. When it first started I posted the question in medical forums. I have posted it elsewhere since then and have become quite comfortable that it is not a medical condition. I really like it. I find it soothing. Beyond that it hasn't "done" anything but I do sense that it is somehow related to a spiritual aor abilty type breakthrough. Since it hasn't "done" anything I have also concluded that I am apparently either not ready for the "next step" or not pursuing it actively enough. Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
I have experienced this on a fairly regular basis for the past four years or so (a minimum of 3 nights a week). I describe it as an electrical sweep feeling, goosebumpy, etc. It is often concentrated on my spine and shoulder blades, sometimes like a band around my forehead. The forehead one has a slighly tappy feeling (almost like being hit with drops of water in the shower but not quite) that the spine one does not. The forehead one is less common for me and strikes me as somehow more important. When it first started I posted the question in medical forums. I have posted it elsewhere since then and have become quite comfortable that it is not a medical condition. I really like it. I find it soothing. Beyond that it hasn't "done" anything but I do sense that it is somehow related to a spiritual aor abilty type breakthrough. Since it hasn't "done" anything I have also concluded that I am apparently either not ready for the "next step" or not pursuing it actively enough. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Only the last few times have I made some effort to actively work with it. As I alluded to in OP, I have learned that you can direct the vibrations. When this occurred earlier today, I attempted to guide the vibrations to my third eye. Nothing particularly 'happened,' but I feel learning to control the vibrations will have benefits. One time when this occurred a while ago, I may have used it to project myself out of my body...I was never 100% positive whether it was really astral projection, but a variety of things suggest it was...I cycled the vibrations using my breath, and kept intensifying them. When it reached a certain peak intensity, I tried to use the intensity to 'throw' myself out of my body, using the natural momentum created by cycling it with my breath. Seemingly, it worked.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yes, I have felt these vibrations on a few occasions. The most intense one happened while I was having a lucid dream. It felt like the vibrations were coming mainly from my chest. It made my bed shake hard and I woke up. Since then I feel some minor vibrations occasionally while I am awake. I have a feeling that if I was meditating more, they might happen more often.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney

Originally posted by watcher3339

Only the last few times have I made some effort to actively work with it. As I alluded to in OP, I have learned that you can direct the vibrations. When this occurred earlier today, I attempted to guide the vibrations to my third eye. Nothing particularly 'happened,' but I feel learning to control the vibrations will have benefits. One time when this occurred a while ago, I may have used it to project myself out of my body...I was never 100% positive whether it was really astral projection, but a variety of things suggest it was...I cycled the vibrations using my breath, and kept intensifying them. When it reached a certain peak intensity, I tried to use the intensity to 'throw' myself out of my body, using the natural momentum created by cycling it with my breath. Seemingly, it worked.

While it's not the same exact thing as the electrical sweep vibration stuff, I have a fairly long history of meditation to self heal. I wasn't really clear if it was working for years, but I kept doing it. Visualization, etc. When I was pregnant a few years ago I was miserably "morning sick"(all day long) and on bed rest. I found that I could use the visualization process to end the sickness. At first it would end it for about four hours, after that I managed to get it under control for about 12 hours at a time. If I forgot to do it I was sick. Since then I don't really doubt the concept of the self healing though I can never really know most of what I do or don't do and what is "mere" power of suggestion. I do sense that the two different types of experiences are related. I find myself caught between curiosity and a sense that these experiences hold great potential, and concern over messing with things I don't really understand. Also, now that I have a kid I am tired when I go to bed and sleep is often a serious priority! OOB is interesting to me, but a touch frightening as well which is why I don't really go there. I did have an interest and play around with that many, many years ago. I had no tingling at that time but during that phase of my life is when I began to see a light green rotating "yin/yang" when I closed my eyes to sleep. I came to call that the tunnel and it's exploration was interesting but I also had a few intense nightmares after falling asleep while playing with it so I backed off. I believe there is real potential there but I guess I am a somewhat cautious person and some if it freaked me out a bit.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I have also felt this whole body vibration a few times in my life and interestingly enough it was while I was taking ORMES or white powdered gold I was just trying it out and since I have stopped taking it the vibrations have not returned.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
I would like to know if anyone knew of an explanation to something I have experienced countless times, and absolutely know is 'real.' I just experienced it again, actually. I've experienced this so much because I am a very experienced lucid dreamer, and have also learned how to enter a dream without ever losing consciousness. You can especially do this after you have already got some sleep.

Anyways, as I start to drift asleep, but maintain awareness, my body begins to vibrate intensely. I want to emphasize how extremely intense this vibration is. It may also be accompanied by feelings that your body is being moved around. It is possible to control the movement and location of these vibrations, but it requires pretty extreme concentration and focus, which may be difficult due to the vibrations. When you use this state as an entry point into a dream, you will start to get images, and maybe sounds, and these will get more and more clear and vivid until you find yourself in a dream.

Anyways, when I first thought to ask this I was specifically wondering if there was any scientific knowledge of this phenomena. Nonetheless, I would also be interested in hearing 'spiritual' explanations. The two can be complementary. I know what first comes to my mind, is that these may be related to the vibrations described prior to astral projection/Out of Body Experiences. If there is no science on this yet, I am hopeful that experiments can be designed to determine what these vibrations are. Could turn out useful.

the vibration is as a result of your energy body being fully charged... allow yourself to feel lighter and lighter and levitate out of body.

join