It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 5th Planet: Phaeton

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

What interests me the most about this is the Mars aspect. Ancient astronaut theories suggest that these collisions may have forced a human civilization to leave an Earth-like Mars and used Earth as a lifeboat.

Over time, we simply forgot our past and those that knew the truth left a long time ago. In theory anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I'm one of those that defends that we have not the full history regarding Man's presence beyond low earth orbit.

I give much regard to any theory that puts the intelligence that seems to be behind some UFOs nearer to us (avoiding the FTL issue), some of them are clearly not of out technological capability (across the ages) and I even permit a relation to some minor but annoying mysteries about our own species history.

But I do not believe in a human civilization on any other location, humanoids like ourselves very likely, symmetry and a large host of human characteristics would be commonly shared in extraterrestrial life, but there are also alternatives, taking our own planet as an example we can see that diversity is enormous and here all vertebrates share a single common ancestor.

Having a civilization on Mars would be a possibility but since NASA has an almost monopoly on extra-terrestrial information there is no way to go beyond speculation for now. In any case Mars may not be the place to look for an active civilization capable of interplanetary travel, life there, very possible, in he past almost certain (I would be very amazed if there wasn't) and it may even have pollinated Earth but why stop there, what other worlds in our system could harbor life (the list keeps getting bigger, we just got reports of water in Mercury).

edit on 17-12-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

that the moon and Venus had no spin, .

The Moon does rotate, and so does Venus.

I thought your space pals would have brought you up to speed on that

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I didn't realise the Moon spun, I thought it just wobbled a little bit?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Mars had a big old smack in the far past too.

The moon does turn on its axis....as it orbits us.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So what size would this 5th planet have been relative to earth?

About 1 and 3 quarters bigger?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Great thread sheepslayer!

I, too, have always thought that our asteroid belt might actually be the remnants of a hypothesized 5th planet. I have also had the thought many times in the past that perhaps we (humans/terrans/etc.) originated from Mars and that was due to a mass exodus from that fifth planet being destroyed. Proof? I don't have any....just a feeling is all.

Honestly, the first time I had this thought was before the movie "Mission to Mars." I think I was about seven or eight when I first thought that we might actually be the Martians. The movie shows up several years later, and I instantly had a connection to the last twenty minutes of the movie.

I think somewhere hidden deep in our collective consciousness or collective memory there is a truth about where we actually came from, and I think this mysterious 5th planet holds an important key. The pockmarking not only on our planet, but on Mars and our moon is pretty interesting. I mean, how many rogue asteroids have collided with Earth since the death of the Dinos....at least of an ELE status? Maybe the rock that killed them was actually part of that rogue planet? Just something to think about I guess.

Thanks for sharing!

-TS

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What about the protoplanet that collided with Earth to produce the Moon? It might have been that 5th planet...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well that could make sense, as Ceres is just past Mars, and its a beautiful little planet, earth like in appearance.

Could it have been a moon of another larger planet?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I think somewhere hidden deep in our collective consciousness or collective memory there is a truth about where we actually came from, and I think this mysterious 5th planet holds an important key.

My thoughts exactly. We search for answers in religion and such, which is fine, but it may end up being our own cosmic past that reveals the truth.

You never know.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Congratulations on a thought provoking thread.

What if, Niburu or this fabled planet x was real? It impacted our home planet V, and we escaped to Earth to rebuild a shattered civilization. Planet V became the asteroid belt. Is there anyway of performing a rough calculation on the mass of the asteroid belt and applying that to a possible size for a planet? What if this planet V was Ayrian? Our ancestors came here with technology built with the minerals found further out in our solar system and could not replicate it on arrival to Earth. We get written history of this planet X and its (possible) collision with our planet....we get recorded history of "Atlantis"?? And humanity as we call it is steadily thrown back into the dark ages to rebuild with the resources found on planet III.

The big questions that will be answered one day, star for your thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

"A problem with having the LHB as late as when humans were around is the effect of that bombardment. Computer simulations done back in 2009 show that not all life would be wiped out, but about the only surviving organisms are microbes."

that what i was thinking, how the hell could any of these "cultures" write about it when the planet was most likely on fire , like liquid molten fire. lol

like story of tiamat, a bump from 5 to 3rd planet sounds like it would have been a pretty good jolt. as in snap your neck, spine and be thrown from the ground into the air hundred of feet up and anything else on the planet.

unless they were all writing about a smaller impact that happend after the lhb, or dare i say . were told about those event from cough cough someone else lol.

although one thing i wonder what about the ort cloud, maybe that could be left over planet matter?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The Urantia Book,

(658.2) 57:6.5 Shooting stars occur in swarms because they are the fragments of larger bodies of matter which have been disrupted by tidal gravity exerted by near-by and still larger space bodies. Saturn’s rings are the fragments of a disrupted satellite. One of the moons of Jupiter is now approaching dangerously near the critical zone of tidal disruption and, within a few million years, will either be claimed by the planet or will undergo gravity-tidal disruption.

>>The fifth planet of the solar system of long, long ago traversed >>an irregular orbit, periodically making closer and closer approach to Jupiter>> until it entered the critical zone of gravity-tidal disruption, was swiftly fragmentized, and >>became the present-day cluster of asteroids.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Venus was born out of the head of Jupiter-Greek Mythology. Velikovsky confirmed that Venus was ejected from Jupiter towards the inner planets during the Exodus of the 12 tribes of Israel from the Egypt of Rameses II in 1300 BC. Venus behaved as a massive comet as it dumped crude oil, vermine and lightening bolts onto Earth-thus the plagues that destroyed Egypt during the Exodus. This is why Venus goes backward" in its orbit and tidal friction with the Sun keeps it hot.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The Tiamat story goes like this: When Tiamat was a planet Earth was not in existance. Then an invader, be it Marduk or Nibiru depending on the source you're looking at obviously, swings through the solar system and smacks into Tiamat. Part of Tiamat became the asteroid belt and a huge chunk then became Earth. Also, the story says our Moon used to be one of the moons of Tiamat. Whether any of it or none of it is true, no way of knowing lol
edit on 12/18/12 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would suggest reading the works of Alfred de Grazia
www.grazian-archive.com...
Or that of Immanuel Velikovsky
www.varchive.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Interesting OP, will look into this furthre, thanks for presenting this.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Venus is Backwards

Venus is the only planet in our solar system that spins clockwise. All other planets spin on their axis counter-clockwise. Many theories attempt to explain this but the most interesting is the theory that Venus was impacted by an object, possibly during the period of Late Heavy Bombardment (LHB).

Uranus also exhibits retrograde axial rotation... as does Pluto.

edit on 12/18/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Venus is Backwards

Venus is the only planet in our solar system that spins clockwise. All other planets spin on their axis counter-clockwise. Many theories attempt to explain this but the most interesting is the theory that Venus was impacted by an object, possibly during the period of Late Heavy Bombardment (LHB).

And at the speed to make it appear to have no spin, which is what scientists had reported right up until after Tesla, and after their work on scalar technology began in secret, and after they themselves realized that the moon and Venus had no spin, and no magnetic poles. Earth spins on free energy. Iron core magnet, magnetic poles, and the electric gridline and magnetic lines are like a coil, she's a free energy device. That was actually noted by observation of the solar system.

So, nah, don't believe them about their reverse spin.

Uh... the moon does indeed spin, one revolution per lunar month. And I imagine this was known by Gallileo. So much for anything you have to say on the topic.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
Uh... the moon does indeed spin, one revolution per lunar month. And I imagine this was known by Gallileo. So much for anything you have to say on the topic.

The Moon must spin at a rate roughly equal to it's orbital velocity. Otherwise, it could not show the same side to the Earth and go through "phases" as it does. This simple fact also breaks the concept of a "dark side" of the Moon.

It may be the side of the Moon we cannot view from Earth, but it does get light.

edit on 12/19/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join