No offence to the dead : But it's time to move on. Has it changed you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by KrzYma

...we should all realize that from this heinous crime we should all learn that it's a good chance to heal that rift.

sure ! I hope some day WE ( mankind ) will
I'm just afraid this is not the end!
look at the news, look at the world they show us, dead, killing, geed... I can't see any hope, can you ?
what is an child seeing ? and multiple it with the lack of wisdom old people get ( in some cases
)
calling someone sick doesn't change the facts in what environment he grow up, does it ?
On the other hand, if 1 in a million is going to do something like this, which I must say again is unacceptable, 7 more tragedies could happen every week, as the world population grows in this rate.
Actually this kind of tragedies does happen, just not in your backyard though !
edit on 16-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
It's not time to move on until we know it won't happen again. That's the change that needs to happen. Of course, this could just be 9/11 on a small scale, a reason to crack down on militarizing the kids. Like a totalitarian setup, for all schools.

There's so many ways this tragedy could be exploited, I really don't think moving on is the best idea. That might be exactly how we miss something.

But it will happen again. And again, And again. Seven billion people means a certain percentage will kill, and kill insanely. It's happened throughout history. There is an answer that nature follows, but are you willing to go there? To put down those with obvious flaws? No matter how mentally deranged my baby might seem, I would never allow him or her to be put to death for the good of mankind. It's just not going to happen. So, yes, the fact of life is it will happen again.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Posted this in another thread, but thought it important that we all read it - Thinking the unthinkable

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I grabbed my 17 yr old yesterday and gave her a bear hug and held her a long time and sobbed. She thought I was nuts. I told her there were 20 parents that couldnt hold their babies any more and she had to suck it up.

I cannot fathom the pain and suffering the families of this tragedy are feeling. I can empthasize. That does not make me weak. That makes me empathetic and loving.

IF this psycho kid had empthay there is NO WAY he could have looked at one of those innocent faces and pulled the trigger.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by PrplHrt

But grief should be a private thing and respected. Even by the media.

You hit on something important I think. From the media's point of view, there's a gray area between wanting to cover the story and wanting to exploit for ratings. I heard that they were interviewing some of the children who go to the Sandy Hook school. I honestly wonder when it will occur to the networks that they can get huge ratings if they give the survivors their own reality show.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

unfortunately could happen very soon, on all tragedies someone is making money

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Wow
Thanks for that I missed it first time around

So what do we do about our generic Michael ?
No point in locking him up but we can't have him roaming the streets either

Just maybe some tax money could be found to build (I'm avoiding the word institution on purpose) a place where these unfortunate kids could stay when they need help, maybe use the tax on guns to help fund it ?
Just a thought

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join