Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

No offence to the dead : But it's time to move on. Has it changed you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hi guys
I'm sure we all are outraged and still trying to get our heads around the shootings.
My point is it's done and dusted. We can't change what happened, but we can learn.
My question to you is what difference will you make tommorrow ?
Will you make that phone call that says I love you after years of avoiding the truth?
Will you man up and admit you were wrong to that person you respect but made you look a tad small?
Will you remember to tell your partner you love them tonight and in the morning ?
Will you learn from your outrage and finally make that call/ do that thing ?
Or will you spend tomorrow avoiding the truth and researching what you choose to believe.
It's one phone call
It's one apology
It's one realisation that life is too short to lose love.
Apologies to the dead
Just know you taught some of us and thank you for your sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It made me call and try to get closer to my 13 year old daughter. (divorced parent syndrome) As a matter of fact, I am forcing myself to take her to a nice restaurant for dinner this week. (I hate being around people)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

well. nothing changes for me.
look at Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Africa and child slaves in china and south america

NO, all stays the same

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The whole point of this thread.

Was to make a difference in at least one person's life.

Don't dread it, embrace it and enjoy the love.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have to say I agree here. There is too much wailing for weeks and months after the fact. This country clings to tragedy like a child to its security blanket. We've forgotten how to be strong and move on.

This incident affected a small town in Connecticut yet the whole nation is playing emotional vampire. It's embarrassing. Putin must laugh into his hand every time there's a shooting here, "Oh, there go those sissy Americans again."

We used to be a resilient country. Now we're a nation of pussies.

Unless you lost someone in that shooting you should be moving on with your lives. That's what the psychologically healthy do.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Only because we allow it to.
How do you feel now?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I feel good, I didn't allow anybody to do anything, specially killing someone !
If You did... how do YOU feel?? any remorse???

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
reply to post by cody599

well. nothing changes for me.
look at Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Africa and child slaves in china and south america

NO, all stays the same

We can let the world beat us down, and the world wins.

Don't let it.

When a tragedy strikes we owe it to ourselves, and to the people like those 20 murdered children and six murdered adults, to prove that life is still very much worth living. If we lay down and give up, we render their deaths meaningless. After a period of grief we need to find a way to love 26 times more, to laugh 26 times harder, and to celebrate life in a way that focuses on the good instead of the evil, on the amazing instead of the horrible. Let their lives cut short remind us of just how fleeting and fragile and wonderful this life is. Let the deceased help us to understand that every minute of life is a gift - a gift that can be taken away without rhyme or reason, and without a moment's notice.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Absolutely.
Respect and my heartfelt pain to the families.
But grief should be a private thing and respected. Even by the media.
May we all move on, pay our respects, and hold our loved ones a little bit closer.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's not time to move on until we know it won't happen again. That's the change that needs to happen. Of course, this could just be 9/11 on a small scale, a reason to crack down on militarizing the kids. Like a totalitarian setup, for all schools.

There's so many ways this tragedy could be exploited, I really don't think moving on is the best idea. That might be exactly how we miss something.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

By clinging to it you draw attention to it, which feeds the negative thoughts of these types. They see the press, the notoriety and wonder, how can I top that?

We've elevated competition in this country to the status of a god. People are always trying to outdo the next guy.

If we gave this stuff no attention at all, no press, no pictures. That might be a start.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Tomorrow, I will do the hardest two things I've done in a long time. Nor will I be alone I doing these things.

First, I will hand my beloved son to his kindergarten teacher. I will entrust him to her care. And that will be hard.

Secondly, I will take the children of others who are entrusted to MY care, and spend the day educating them and doing my damnedest to keep them safe.

Life moves on, absolutely. But say a little prayer for the children, parents, and teachers tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Nope.
It was kill or live.
I made sure his family got his belongings.
No remorse.
I didn't start it, and like I said apologies to the dead. At least he was old enough to make the decision to be dumb enough to be a target.
As was I but it was a concious decision to wear a uniform and make myself a target.
Did you make a difference today ? For the good ?
The kids had no chance, my point is we should all realise that from this heinous crime we should all learn that it's a good chance to heal that rift.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Be strong.
Teach wisely.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
If we gave this stuff no attention at all, no press, no pictures. That might be a start.

But if that happened, then a multitude of people will start to whine about things not being covered.

On this forum alone, there's been countless threads about events happening and the "mainstream media" trying to "sweep it under the carpet" and so on. Many paranoid people around here think that "powerful people" are trying to "hide" things from them....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I know 1 liners aren't allowed but bollocks to them. Respect

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

Even I got off topic on my own post.
The point is.
Did or will you make a difference today or tomorrow and at some point in your life sit back smile and think yeah I made a difference ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Spelling (no pun intended) would be good
edit on 16-12-2012 by cody599 because: can't spell

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

all true ! I agree ! killing is unacceptable, and my sorry for the families !!
but lets face the facts !
US is bombing around the world, do you really think no child is harmed in this strikes ?
Is the UN politics on Africa not starving people to death?

20 maybe is a big number in your back yard, but you don't see the real "dead child" number elsewhere, you don't even want to !~

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
reply to post by jiggerj

all true ! I agree ! killing is unacceptable, and my sorry for the families !!
but lets face the facts !
US is bombing around the world, do you really think no child is harmed in this strikes ?
Is the UN politics on Africa not starving people to death?

20 maybe is a big number in your back yard, but you don't see the real "dead child" number elsewhere, you don't even want to !~

There's a big difference between facing the facts, and doing something about it. How do you propose to stop the killing? Yell? Scream? End up in a nuthouse? As individuals, the best we can do is to lead the world by example. If people start seeing the joy in our lives, sooner or later they are going to want it too. This may seem like a small effort, but where's the profit in giving up and feeling miserable, hopeless and helpless?
edit on 12/16/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join