It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I have a great solution for Child Safety in America!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In the wake of this latest shooting I was thinking (and continuing to mourn) about this subject. I believe I may have a possible answer, that will not only insure the safety of our kids, but create jobs as well. Here Goes:

Train and/or hire 1 professionally trained Armed Guard for every 100 students at every school in America.

It's that simple. Jobs are created, our children are safe.

Will it cost money? Yes. But I'm willing to fork over a little more dough to ensure my Kindergartner is protected.

Let me know what you think ATS!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have a better idea, Allow all adult American citizens to carry anytime, anywhere. For safety, require frangible ammunition on aircraft.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
THe saddest thing is this school and many like it (including my child's school) has police officers called resource officers (RSO) on staff. There was an armed RSO (2 if I am not mistaken) at the school when this occurred.

The failure occurred when this madman was buzzed into the office. In my opinion, he had no business there regardless of if they knew him or not. THat was the fatal error.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
and how are you going to insure that the professional does not go ape and start shooting the kids?

link   
reply to post by neOrevolutionist

There is a police officer at every school in my city.. I thought this was pretty much the norm everywhere but I guess not.

link   
reply to post by k21968

I had not heard that. Someone obviously did not follow protocol. More facts are coming out by the hour. Good catch.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is getting to be a really screwed up country when we have to worry about our kids getting gunned down in schools. This has less to do with guns than it has to do with screwed up people having access to guns.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
More Armed guards. Do you not see what you're asking for?

More security please, but at my expense!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neOrevolutionist
Train and/or hire 1 professionally trained Armed Guard for every 100 students at every school in America.

Wikipedia says there are about 64 million students that need to be protected. (81 million if you also count university).
So, what with extra guards needed for replacements of people on sick leave, holidays, plus the extras doing the training, etc... you need well over a *million* such armed guards.

In comparison, the internet tells me there are only 58,000 TSA agents, and you've all heard stories about how they're scraping the barrel and getting a lot of rubbish employees in that lot.

Multiply that problem by 17, and give them guns.

Edit - the number of guards with guns will also exceed the total number of police... and we all know how they love any chance to shoot.

edit on 16-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I have a better idea, Allow all adult American citizens to carry anytime, anywhere. For safety, require frangible ammunition on aircraft.

My hat is off to you sir! I totally agree with every adult carrying. Drive by's would be a thing of the past as well for who in their right mind would attempt such a thing knowing that they would be driving through a hail of bullets. Just think of all the money our communities would save not having to fund law enforcement.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I dont agree, it would turn into TSA at school.
All this over a handful of life's... does not make sense.
Sure its horrible but children are murdered every day the only reason its not reported is because it cant be politicized.

What if this really is a false flag and what if its not?
Should we react to this in a drastic way? If its not a false flag your still feeding the fire by letting them know they can pull operations like this and get exactly what they want.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think we should put them in wheeled, bulletproof cubes.

Just finished reading the thread. Why don't we just arm the kids?
edit on 12/16/2012 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I dont agree, it would turn into TSA at school.
All this over a handful of life's... does not make sense.
Sure its horrible but children are murdered every day the only reason its not reported is because it cant be politicized.

What if this really is a false flag and what if its not?
Should we react to this in a drastic way? If its not a false flag your still feeding the fire by letting them know they can pull operations like this and get exactly what they want.

I dont know about other cities but the cops in the schools here, at least the ones ive met were all pretty cool.
They had an office that they set in during the school day and they monitored the crosswalks before and after school.
They were all local cops, not contractors and especially not Feds.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just read this very good article - Thinking the unthinkable

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

What this person said. There are already cops in schools. They have permanent desks there.

The OP solution is to put more cops in schools.

Here's the real problem: lack of fathers.

If you look at these mass shootings they are the offspring of men who weren't there for their kids. They either ditched the family or were working all the time. There is more to being a dad than putting food on the table.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yeah, Like the wild west...that was NEVER violent!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

No cops in my town's schools. Same size town as the Newtown, CT

Wish this were the case.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neOrevolutionist

I find that interesting. I grew up in the West. Our county had two high schools. One on the north end and one on the south. Each had a cop. We even had one in the Junior High. The county was relatively crime free, and this was before Columbine.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I strongly feel that all schools will be a thing of the pass (just like the little red school house) very soon. There are lots of college students are taking classes via the Internet so why not add webcam and a real teacher? The teachers can even work out of their homes and teach many many kids at once instead of crowding the classrooms. I think that will be the final solution to this mad mad mad world we're living in.

Until that happens, how about distributing all the unneeded TSA agents from the airports and let them work the schools? It's ridiculous at some airports where there are upwards of 20 guards to every one person going through the check point. Do we really need 5 agents scanning the contents of my pockets?
Same in courthouses. Most of them are just standing around doing nothing.
No one has died at the airport from a crazy person and yet we've had over a 100 kids dying at schools. Let them work where they are more appreciated and sadly..... needed.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

This is an interesting thought about the future of schools...

I do like the idea of better utilizing those TSA agents! Good thinking!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join