It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what does Romney say about the shooting in Connecticut?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well I find it interesting that Mitt Romney and his cousin Jon Huntsman seem to be playing the game of hide the fact there was even a shooting in order to protect guns. And they seem to be positioning them selves in order to make money on that point of view. They want to change the laws in order to black out all information on this kind of event in order to protect guns and make money selling the path to do it.

So how did I come to that collusion? From a partner of theirs from the Mormon church. From a partner of theirs from the Unitus Investment Committee. From a partner of theirs from books news interviews propaganda wing.

Now the story.
Best Selling Author” Calls for Law to Stifle Media in Wake of Mass Shootings
www.photographyisnotacrime.com...

This week, I watched in horror with most of America, as yet another person unleashed a furry of bullets in a busy Portland, Oregon, mall killing two and injuring others. But my horror was twofold. The first misery came as I heard the names and numbers of victims and thought about the pain they and their families will endure for the rest of their lives. The second dose came as I held my breath, hoping and praying the media wouldn’t amplify the violence. But they did. They did exactly what they needed to do to influence the next perpetrator to lock and load. They named the shooter. They described his characteristics. They detailed the crime. They numbered the victims. They ranked him against other “successful” attackers

We need to discuss the merits and morality of a law. I don’t suggest a broad one – but one that matches responsibility with influence. It’s already illegal to use free speech to incite others to criminal acts. So if we know a particular kind of speech is inciting violence, how can we appropriately limit it? Is there a way to do so without creating a slippery slope that limits all speech that tenuously connects to some kind of mischief? And if a law is the wrong device, what can we do to make Stephen King’s response the norm rather than the exception? For example, we know naming a shooter amplifies his or her influence. We know that when his or her race, gender and other personal characteristics are detailed, those who see themselves as similar are far more likely to feel a sense of permission to follow suit. We know details of the crime act as a virtual workshop for would-be acolytes. And for heaven’s sake, when body counts are not only reported but even compared to previous perpetrators, you incite a hideous competition. It’s time our media leaders wake up to the fact that they are not just reporting these crimes. Depending on how they report them, they are accomplices in them. It is also time our legislators consider taking up the task the media appears unwilling to assume. We need to match responsibility with influence.

But how does this mean he is tied to a agenda?

unitusimpact.com...

Joseph Grenny
Investment Committee Chairman
…..
A co-founder of Unitus, Joseph Grenny is co-founder and chairman of VitalSmarts, where he has co-authored and contributed to eight books in the areas of personal and organizational effectiveness, including the New York Times bestsellers Influencer, Change Anything, Crucial Conversations, and Crucial Confrontations. His work has been translated into more than two dozen languages and has been used by more than 300 Fortune 500 companies.

VitalSmarts has been on the Inc. 500 fastest-growing companies list for three years in a row, and the founders were also chosen as Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneurs of the Year. Joseph was formerly president of California Computer Corporation and an executive for the Covey Leadership Center. Joseph holds a B.A. in international relations from Brigham Young University.

He is partner there with Bob Gay. Who was partners with Mitt Romney before he worked for his cousin Jon Huntsman. And all his ties are in the same field as Mitt Romney investments and marketing. He is not a psychiatrist or anything else that would give him a reason to be a person with information that would make society better. He is only targeting the money he and the MItt Romney/Jon Huntsman can make off this event. And don't forget the Mormons have really been getting in trouble for gun sales over the internet to add to the conflict of interest.

Mormon Church 'owns unregulated gun sale website'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

You can't even vote these guys out of trying to profit from the destruction of the US. They act like cancer on society.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm just kinda curious....why is Romney mentioned in relation to the shooting of these children? What does Romney's opinion or thoughts on this have to do with anything but Mrs. Romney's opinion over the dinner table?

Romney was an important person..was..until last month. Now he's a has been and a loser that I doubt anyone really cares about the opinion or plans of. Kinda like Al Gore....except Gore won't go away like a polite former candidate.

Since it comes up though, I do wonder if Romney would have made the speech the night of such a horrible tragedy a political one with crocodile dry tears worthy of...well... A for effort anyway. Heck, we'll never know and that's kinda the point. Romney is yesterdays news and a piece of history. best kept there, in my personal opinion...After all, wasn't his name at the center of enough fighting when people DID care what he thought?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And just to think that they will promote the destroying of the freedom of the press in order to protect their right to sale guns for their own profit. And even try to profit off the arguing for the destroying of the free press for money. What happened to freedom? I guess it goes out the window when it comes to their profit.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He seems to be tied to the new lets make money off this event. And has no morals to see it is a disgusting thing to do. But hey he will make some money why not. And not just Romney but also Jon Huntsman.
edit on 16-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

This week, I watched in horror with most of America, as yet another person unleashed a furry of bullets in a busy Portland, Oregon, mall killing two and injuring others. But my horror was twofold. The first misery came as I heard the names and numbers of victims and thought about the pain they and their families will endure for the rest of their lives. The second dose came as I held my breath, hoping and praying the media wouldn’t amplify the violence. But they did. They did exactly what they needed to do to influence the next perpetrator to lock and load. They named the shooter. They described his characteristics. They detailed the crime. They numbered the victims. They ranked him against other “successful” attackers

stopping that sounds good to me

you'd rather this continue so they can ban guns when more happen?

o_O? confused

meh. money is evil, lets ban it. lets also ban autism.
edit on 16-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by christoph

But this shows how the whole gun debate which will get very big seeing how the investment companies are already putting there foots in the door will mean nothing. It will be a dog and pony show where the people behind it get rich off the topic. Propaganda articles probably fake bloggers and a fake debate. Nothing to do with what is right or wrong / good or bad. Just a profitable propaganda show for the elite. While at the same time they make money selling you guns. Who cares if little children got killed. Sell them some guns and tell them to protect themselves.
edit on 16-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This article which seems to say attack the press and the freedom of speech. seems to be the same tactic of Romney's old partner who worked at Ebay Meg. She used the tactic of attack the victims who got ripped off on Ebay and protect the people who did the ripping off. All for her profit at Ebay. Damn the victims.

So it is not just a single event or a single action but a way of life for these people to say damn the victims if we can make money off what happened to them even if it is our way of making money that hurt them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just because hes not the president doesnt mean his hands are CLEAN , Wabbit......
Its looking very much like the whole gamut of multi millionaires are not allowed to get rich unless they play the game properly....that is cow tow to the powerful few....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Romney who ? Oh that guy.....forgot about him

new topics

top topics

join