Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

For 2012ers: What Will You Do If Nothing Happens?

page: 1
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How will you handle it if nothing happens? I cannot but help but be reminded of the early Christians who had to rethink Christianity after Jesus did not return in their lifetime or the Seventh Day Adventists who waited all day but no Messiah and splintered off afterwards. Will any of you drop the Maya like Milli Vanilli? Will you still turn to Mayan and Meso-American "belief" for guidance?




posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I will be disappointed that nothing positive happened.... but evidently, life goes on.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much
 


I think that a lot of 2012 gloom and doom...has already happened.

Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes; tsunamis, an increase in deliberate public violence and killings on large groups; countries being heavily in debt; etc.

I am hoping and praying things will get better; and yet I still have a lot of doubts.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The question is what you will do if something happens, because if nothing happens life will go on.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What I will do if something happens will depend on what happens. Unlike 2012ers I have not made any prognostications.

I just want to know what will you do if nothing happens. I hope I am not coming across pretentious. I sincerely want to know since I at one time put a lot of time into religion and have moved on. I just want to see everyone do well and rise above ideology. The type of people who are 2012ers are usually nice people and I fear their much needed kindness and humanity is being spent on a worthless unscholarly take on the Mayans.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Personally i dont think it matters what happens...because when people think of one particular they fail to understand the cyclic meaning of the mayan calendar....the mainstream has taken something and turned it into a specific timestamp for an event....The calendar in itself shows that it does not just end....because the cycle starts again....the question is what happens when a cycle ends and a new cycle begins........is it instantaneous or is it transitional.

Will there be a mass suicide and will people who believe that we are the verge of our own destruction all of suddened be going damn it's dec 22nd....i should be ashamed....NAH....people who look at others and try to make them look bad because they belived that something might occur...should actually question their own destinies....the world is in a state of flux...and trying to say that this is it...the 21st has come and gone...therefore all those who thought a apocalyse may have occured are therefore lunatics....That is what is wrong.

To me this is yet another thread to rub things in peoples faces....for some reason to justify ones own ego....Such a lonely life one must lead.....Just look all around you and you will see how the world is crumbling all around us.

IS the world going to end in new Zealand at midnight on the 21st of dec...keeping in mind they are the first to have the day change....I personally think not...but by that same token...there is much turbulance according to the cycle changes of the mayan calendar....but does mean it is instant....I would also think not....so as a person who does staudy the mayan calendar....i have not seen any reference to the the end of the world...but i have see evidence of increased natural disasters occuring during a cycle change in the calendar....a cleansing of the Earth....So does this make 2012ers all wrong because the 22nd comes....In my opinion not at all....why could it be wrong to want to understand what the people of the past actually understood about our future.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Natural disasters happen often: modern communication and a huge world population make them seem as increasing. It is good to see that you have already prepared for the let-down. I think we are already seeing the split-offs begin. In case A does not happen there is a plan B. This is what Nostradamus believers did after 1999, whose popularity was replaced by the Maya fad. What new ancient wisdom lies in store next? African shaman predictions? Amazon rainforest elders?



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'll maybe use this event as start of new ways of living my life.

Nothing will happen, that's for sure..changes are coming, but not over night. We always try to change everything to fit our human perspective. Universe isn't in hurry..it takes a long time or what it seems as long to us. 12-21 may be a start of new page. New ways of thinking that will take place eventually no matter what, so what you can do is to be a part of that change.

And if you don't believe in any of this at all, why still not change your life to be what you'd like to see in the world. It's perfect time for that, as it always is.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
How will you handle it if nothing happens? I cannot but help but be reminded of the early Christians who had to rethink Christianity after Jesus did not return in their lifetime or the Seventh Day Adventists who waited all day but no Messiah and splintered off afterwards. Will any of you drop the Maya like Milli Vanilli? Will you still turn to Mayan and Meso-American "belief" for guidance?


Hi seen2much,

Just because Jesus did NOT return does not mean that his teachings were invalid.

What if unbeknownst to you that secretly YOUR POWER equals Jesus's power?

What if YOU - as you are reading this NOW! - were GOD for REAL!

YOU just need to COME INTO YOUR POWER!

ALL is GOOD...

TICK, TOCK, TICK TOCK...





posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Take my ass to work. But I'm on the fence. I don't know what's going to happen, if anything happens at all.



posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
Personally i dont think it matters what happens...because when people think of one particular they fail to understand the cyclic meaning of the mayan calendar....the mainstream has taken something and turned it into a specific timestamp for an event....The calendar in itself shows that it does not just end....because the cycle starts again....the question is what happens when a cycle ends and a new cycle begins........is it instantaneous or is it transitional.

Will there be a mass suicide and will people who believe that we are the verge of our own destruction all of suddened be going damn it's dec 22nd....i should be ashamed....NAH....people who look at others and try to make them look bad because they belived that something might occur...should actually question their own destinies....the world is in a state of flux...and trying to say that this is it...the 21st has come and gone...therefore all those who thought a apocalyse may have occured are therefore lunatics....That is what is wrong.

To me this is yet another thread to rub things in peoples faces....for some reason to justify ones own ego....Such a lonely life one must lead.....Just look all around you and you will see how the world is crumbling all around us.

IS the world going to end in new Zealand at midnight on the 21st of dec...keeping in mind they are the first to have the day change....I personally think not...but by that same token...there is much turbulance according to the cycle changes of the mayan calendar....but does mean it is instant....I would also think not....so as a person who does staudy the mayan calendar....i have not seen any reference to the the end of the world...but i have see evidence of increased natural disasters occuring during a cycle change in the calendar....a cleansing of the Earth....So does this make 2012ers all wrong because the 22nd comes....In my opinion not at all....why could it be wrong to want to understand what the people of the past actually understood about our future.



I have a question for you then. It's an honest one. You said you've studied the Mayan Calendar. There have been some threads on Facebook about how the Mayans never took into account the leap year so the Mayan end of the year and cycle change happened 7 months ago. Would something like that be correct? Just curious.

I'm like you in that I think when the 21st occurs, it's like a regular calendar, in the sense you flip it over and start a new one. So no end of the world, no plagues and fires, and everyone dying all of a sudden, and if we all do, ah well, what are you going to do to stop it is the way I see it. LOL



posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29
 


The Long Count doesn't count years, months, or anything other than days. So once you can correlate the Long Count to the Gregorian Calendar all you have to do is count the days. 13 baktuns are equivalent to 1,872,000 days. Through the GMT correlation we have found that the Long Count starts counting from August 11, 3114 BCE. 1,872,000 days from August 11, 3114 BCE is December 21, 2012. Leap Years don't enter in to the equation.



posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I got lots of pros and cons on the 21st..

Will it self-fulfill and anarchy take over in several countries (ours is ripe for revolution as well, my fellow Americans)? I could see killing sprees (CT, may the little ones rest peacefully), I could see suicides galore. If we get a pretty solid EQ in an area, the social structure would fail in all those areas.



I have one big pro--not so much 'they were right', be it Aztecs (it's their calendar), Revelation, Palydians, or the stellar alignments. Quite frankly, none of these things are proven in my hands where I can touch a single one. Here is my one big pro: the Carrington Event.

If we lost all electricity (battery, generator, MTV, ESPN, iphone, blackberry and FaceBook (OI!)

THEN some # would happen. Looting, pillaging, plunder..... That would fulfill pretty much all the prophecy right there.



posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by happyhomemaker29
 


The Long Count doesn't count years, months, or anything other than days. So once you can correlate the Long Count to the Gregorian Calendar all you have to do is count the days. 13 baktuns are equivalent to 1,872,000 days. Through the GMT correlation we have found that the Long Count starts counting from August 11, 3114 BCE. 1,872,000 days from August 11, 3114 BCE is December 21, 2012. Leap Years don't enter in to the equation.



Ahhh, ok. Thank you. I didn't know and wasn't sure who to ask. I felt this was the right group. Thanks guys.




posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much
 


How will we 'handle it'?

What...you mean how will we ever be able to come to terms with everything being business as usual?

I don't think 'handle it' is the right way to look at it.

There's a few idiots out there who WANT some kind of doomsday scenario, 99.9% of '2012ers', are the opposite. Most people thinking about the 21st, take the view that HOPEFULLY nothing out of the ordinary will happen, but should something negative (anything that causes major troubles) happen, they will at least have supplies of food and water, lighting, and other basics to get by with.

It's always been in the back of my mind when thinking about this stuff, that i seriously doubt ANYTHING bad is going to happen on a specific day or date, that is going to affect life nationwide or even worldwide...it's very unlikely to anyway.

Thing is millions of people around the world DO think something bad is going to happen, everything from a religious / Christian rapture type event, a wandering planet and brown dwarf star getting too close, pole's shifting and the seas sloshing over the land like a full bathtub being rocked about, a solar flare taking out electricity and so on and on.

There is probably going to be last minute panic buying of dry foods and goods, vehicle fuel, portable heater fuel, oils, batteries, and essentials like bread, milk and all that sort of stuff, so it's a good idea to already have all of the stuff you might need, just because many people will be buying it all up 'just in case'.

I sincerely hope and am 99.9% sure the 'day' will be just another ordinary day...but i was a boy scout and an Army Rifleman and was taught it's wise to be as prepared as you can be, not for doomsday scenarios as such, but just general basic preparedness and readiness is a wise thing to do, regardless.

For me, i love my family, i enjoy life...i'll handle nothing happening on 'doomsday' by being very happy everyone is going to be fine, and carry on as per normal.



posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
This is what Nostradamus believers did after 1999, whose popularity was replaced by the Maya fad. What new ancient wisdom lies in store next? African shaman predictions? Amazon rainforest elders?


Nah...go to a beach, find a nice piece of seaweed and take it home..hang the seaweed outside on your porch or under cover somewhere, and if the seaweed get's wet, that means it's doomsday....or it's going to rain...or both.



posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I want this forum to be shut down on 22 st december 2012 day after the "doom" date.Why ? Because believers of this conspiracy here will be ridiculed ,mocked , for days ,weeks after this unreal prediction will failed.There will be thousands of jokes on their account,this forum will be full of people who want to add additional fuel to their big ego.Every man makes mistakes about beliefs , they don't deserve this on ATS after 21 st december 2012.



posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
I want this forum to be shut down on 22 st december 2012 day after the "doom" date.Why ? Because believers of this conspiracy here will be ridiculed ,mocked , for days ,weeks after this unreal prediction will failed.There will be thousands of jokes on their account,this forum will be full of people who want to add additional fuel to their big ego.Every man makes mistakes about beliefs , they don't deserve this on ATS after 21 st december 2012.


a wise man would look upon what you've written as a sign that times very much are on the verge of collapse. when society has become so sick that it revels in such doings then perhaps mankind is in need of adjustment.



posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
I want this forum to be shut down on 22 st december 2012 day after the "doom" date.Why ? Because believers of this conspiracy here will be ridiculed ,mocked , for days ,weeks after this unreal prediction will failed.There will be thousands of jokes on their account,this forum will be full of people who want to add additional fuel to their big ego.Every man makes mistakes about beliefs , they don't deserve this on ATS after 21 st december 2012.


That's unfortunate about the mocking and ego. I guess some people won't change no matter what!


But there is plenty of potential "doom" after the solstice of this year coinciding with the end of the maya long count calendar/entering a cycle of the "6th sun"/precession of the equinoxes, all based on cycles of thousands of years.

What about asteroid 2012 DA14 coming closer than earth orbiting satellites mid-Februrary?

What about the remote viewing data from the Farsight Institute (presented by Courtney Brown) by June 2013?

What about "the big one" -- Apophis in 2029 and 2036?

The "2012" forum might just be renamed to "General Doom" or perhaps "Still waiting for Jesus and Nibiru".



posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX
 


Being prepared for an emergency is common sense. Many 2012ers are hoping for something big to happen. I am sure there are more Christian, Jewish, and Muslims who look forward to doomsday -- from the Old English "judgement day." What that says about them and their humanity is another thread.

I am sure a majority of 2012ers are nice people who have bleeding hearts and want to see a better world, at least that is what I have gathered through websites and blogs etc.... However, my fear is that many are expecting something big to happen. I wonder how many will lose heart because they have placed too much belief in a Meso-American calendar (which does not end completely). Substituting ideologies is a waste of time. They should be humanity's hope, not a calendar or holy book.





new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def