It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon a Mothership ?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

If what they say is true, then they would experience only a small portion of their weight, and wouldn't need the Rover to take them to and fro. They would be bursting with energy. That jump they just did, would make a basketball player proud, because they are jumping like they jump on Earth.

But what really gets me is how they stumbled, astronauts are not hired for being stumble bums.

As for money, do you honestly think that

a few $100 Billion in the name of science is something congress is just throwing around? The Curiosity Rover on Mars was "only" $2 Billion, and congress almost shut the project down due to expense. The same with the James Webb telescope at "only" $3 Billion.

entirely went to those projects? Guess again, every government agency, no matter how small, have their own hidden agendas. So to answer the self-asked question: That 90% of that money went to something else, other than space exploration.

and to say again:

Science has confined its labors to superficial descriptions, not
the elucidation of the fundamental causes of phenomena.

edit on 20-12-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Let's do a head count:

How many are scientist? (You got your degree from a esteemed college and have be taught the ways your suppose to do thing)

How many are explorers? (Screw the rules, I rather get out and do something than sit at home and read a book)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

If what they say is true, then they would experience only a small portion of their weight, and wouldn't need the Rover to take them to and fro. They would be bursting with energy. That jump they just did, would make a basketball player proud, because they are jumping like they jump on Earth.

8 km is a long way for anyone to travel while carrying bags of rocks, picks, shovels, etc., especially while wearing a bulky space suit. By the way, an Apollo spacesuit and backpack used for the Moon weighed 300 pounds on earth. It's true that is only 50 pounds on the Moon, but 50 pounds is still quite a bit of weight to lug around, especially if you want to take long hikes.

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter that they weighed 1/6 as much on the Moon. It's still much, much better to have the rover to help them go far and carry their equipment/rock samples while doing so.

As for money, do you honestly think that

a few $100 Billion in the name of science is something congress is just throwing around? The Curiosity Rover on Mars was "only" $2 Billion, and congress almost shut the project down due to expense. The same with the James Webb telescope at "only" $3 Billion.

entirely went to those projects? Guess again, every government agency, no matter how small, have their own hidden agendas. So to answer the self-asked question: That 90% of that money went to something else, other than space exploration.

90% of what money?

The total budget for NASA is about $18 Billion this year, which is a tiny amount compared to some other government agencies, and it is only half as much as the budget was during the heyday of Apollo. Here is a link to NASA's budget (page includes various pdf files outlining different aspects of the budget)
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Money isn't a problem at all

You should really stick with the stuff you know. Unless, of course you insist on sounding very, very silly.

You have never been involved in getting funded, formulating and documenting a funding cycle or leading a project. Why waste the bandwidth posting something as irrelevant and wrong as you did?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Let's do a head count:

How many are scientist?

I propose a headcount of my own:

How many are pompous fools without proper education or life experience, who make grand pronouncements about the US Space program, the nature of various celestial bodies and density of the atmosphere on the Moon?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Now I question your sanity.

Due to the fact you rather believe scientist facts than what explorers experienced.

Because I don't work for money, I work to help and to learn, in learning I gain money. Since I don't want it, it comes to me.

Stick to your silly facts, and I'll stick to my silly experiences.
edit on 20-12-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Now I question your sanity.

Due to the fact you rather believe scientist facts than what explorers experienced.

"Facts" are based on experiences. You sound very, very confused. When I explore the faucet in my bathroom, there is no Pepsi in it, just water. You may still call it a theory, it's pretty much a fact.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben81 you are one of my favorite posters here. I think you cast a net wider than I would myself but your intentions are good and if everyone was as open minded as you this world would be a great place indeed.

Do those Neil Armstrong quotes really check out, though? I would think I would have found something by now. I have searched in the past and found nothing on it... those were by far the best part of the post. The Carpenter quote I knew, but I never knew Neil came clean.... I'll have to look further into that later. First man on the moon is talking about alien craft and we are still not listening? Wow!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

There is a difference between scientific fact and up-close experience fact.

Scientific fact is only limited to the lab while those that get out, experience fact themselves. Believing is doing.

So do it, believer.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

You've walked on the Moon? Felt its gravity? Breathed its air?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What's the debate about?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Scientific fact is only limited to the lab while those that get out, experience fact themselves. Believing is doing.

So do it, believer.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Bulky or not, they should of had free movement, but they didn't, they stumbled, and had a hard time walking. They needed a rover because they are tired of walking. Tired or not, your kind should of saw it. The writing is on the wall, dude, Your facts are nothing but myths.

The Moon is Earth-like, has Earth-like gravity, and has a Earth-like atmosphere, so spacesuits are not necessary.

90% of what money?

The total budget for NASA is about $18 Billion this year, which is a tiny amount compared to some other government agencies, and it is only half as much as the budget was during the heyday of Apollo. Here is a link to NASA's budget (page includes various pdf files outlining different aspects of the budget)
www.nasa.gov...

Now your being ridiculous, Try not to play dumb here, it's not helping your situation.

I don't trust that site due to the fact that anyone can make up the numbers and redirect them to anywhere.

Shuttles? Yeah right, shuttles are just a big waste of money when compared to what a German from WWII has made with only ~$500 in his pocket.

Billions of dollars? Sometimes I just want to hurl at the thought of it because of their stupid, dogmatic ideas.

The ones that made a difference are the ones who said "Screw the rules."

If I perceive right, correct me if I'm wrong, your a scientist, which is ok, I've dealt with your kind for too long that I say, "ehh, let them think."

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by swan001

So do it, believer.

Yeah, I can read that. Doesn't really answer my query, though.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Ahh, swan good for you to come.

They say that people can construct a building in a airless atmosphere. I say they are wrong. What's your take on it?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Oh. The debate is whether the Moon is a Mothership.
A bit more specifically, the amount of gravity and the presence of an atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I never got the chance, but when it comes, I'll take it, and do it.

Call me unorthodox, but it's usually the ones who say "Screw the Rules." are the ones who make a difference.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Given a chance, so would I.
But I'll wear an EMU. You can go with shirtsleeves. OK?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You can construct things in vacuum - NASA has a robotic arms which does that all the time. As for gravity... As far as I know, the Moon has enough gravity that Aldrin and Armstrong were able to drive in a moon Jeep without flying into outer space.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Man, I'll be laughing my butt of when that happens.

If it ever happens, then it's going to be one heck of a ride.

So many places to go, so little time to go to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join