It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it begins,.. the gun grab

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i can not believe the pace at which your rights and freedoms are being stripped off ye over there in America. it is disheartening to watch. banning guns will solve nothing, even if they did manage to do it(which i doubt) people will just use knives as weapons then, just look at the uk as an example. and if that were banned something else will be used, point being, banning guns will accomplish nothing, tighter gun laws will accomplish nothing.
as a gun owner myself I feel sorry for the normal, respecting, sensible gun owners over there that are targeted by for the actions of the few that were influenced by their government to accomplish such horrible crimes. all in the name of stripping off of your freedoms.

Americans, STAND UP for yer rights!! Take to the streets, don't just expect someone else will stand up for your rights! and show your government who is in charge! god only knows I wish the Irish would have stood up for our rights when they were taken away by the EU.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]The FOUNDERS of this great country included an AMENDMENT in our Bill Of Rights that give us citizens the RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. PERIOD.

For those who disagree with our FORE-FATHERS WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COUNTRY OR SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

TWO CHOICES: SHUT UP, OR LEAVE AS YOU ARE ACTUALLY A TRAITOR ANYWAYS IF YOU IGNORE OUR BILL OF RIGHTS.

Period.

End of discussion.

Right to keep and bear arms

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, both sides are pushing the agenda, both side have good points to make. I am pro-gun, no question about that… but if you ask me if fully automatic guns should be in the hands of anybody that wants one… I say no. That is not what the second amendment is about.

If you know the 2nd Amendment it say’s : A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Those type guns belong in the hands of a well regulated militia, and if you’re not a member of the militia, police or military you do not need a fully automatic gun… btw; the militia is our security against government tyranny foreign or domestic, if its ever needed. How many here know about their states militia?, Do you know what division you reside in? Do you know who to contact if the need arises?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thank you all for your post's , I my self say it is our right to have any fire arm we so choose, or have the $$ to pay for right to have, including full auto, yes i know some collectors that have just that FULL AUTO.

I do see a Brady ban coming, in the form of clips, types ie. AR15 AK's or other mil/police style weapons and ammo 223 243 5.56 7.62.

9 mm could be on the ban list as well, not for pubic sale, but then this would be in the spring time or around Feb 2013. I do hope to see more post as this will be come an issue not only for ones rights but to see how the Gov will respond to the problem of mass killing with semi autos.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

If there is enough drive, that is is to say, an outcry to do it, they would do just that , but for the person that has more than 4 or has known to have more than 500 rounds ammo, remember the minority rules not the majority any more.

John Q public says now and no more... just as the Brady Bill,( we all remember that bill or should, i do had 2 a M1 grand i do miss that "ping" and a 303 brit mk4, could not find a clip with out paying a hefty amount for one)
will it do any good? The honest answer is...
NO it will only make it illegal for the honest law abiding citizen , will do nothing for the outlaws, well might make them spend 50$ more to get there hands on one, and for the collector a 1100$ AR15 will be 2000$ if not more.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
well here is a thought from the NY Governor his planes are made , gun confiscation well just one plan any way www.nytimes.com... from the link

“I don’t think legitimate sportsmen are going to say, ‘I need an assault weapon to go hunting,’ ” he said. At the same time, he noted that he owns a shotgun that he has used for hunting, and said, “There is a balance here — I understand the rights of gun owners; I understand the rights of hunters.”

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

Mr. Cuomo said it was highly unlikely that lawmakers would reach a deal on new gun laws in the coming days, dismissing as unfounded suggestions that legislators would be called back to Albany as early as this week for a special session devoted to the subject of gun control.

“The only thing that’s going to happen in the next few days is Christmas,” Mr. Cuomo said.
what do you think now, could it be done a gun confiscation happen?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I decided to put this here as not to make an other thread , for there is enough of them , It seems the the first round of Ban talks was a win for the Obama semi auto weapons large mag ban or so it seems firstread.nbcnews.com... form the link

The vice president, charged to lead the task force in the wake of the Newtown school shooting, said that stakeholder groups have expressed "surprising" support for universal background checks so far, as well as some restrictions on high-capacity magazines.
He still needs to meet with the NRA and others, ie gaming and retail sellers Wal mart and the like to see if they are willing to go along, funny it does not say whom the stakeholder groups are other than form the link

The outdoor enthusiasts meeting with the vice president included members of the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, Ducks Unlimited, and the Outdoor Industry Association; the entertainment industry participants, slated for a 6 p.m. ET meeting, include representatives from the Motion Picture Association of America, Comcast, and the Directors Guild.
wonder what they will say?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I was of the mind that no one should have guns at all, but recently I've started to feel that maybe every single person in America should be armed with whatever weapon they choose. Crime might just come to a screaming halt, right? How many robberies or rapes or kidnappings are going to happen when absolutely everyone is packing?

As a right, it's an inalienable right for everyone to bear arms. A right is a right, not a right for some. That's called a privilege. They are different things entirely so no segment of society will be put at a disadvantage over another. Just because your poor doesn't mean your home and family aren't precious to you, just as much as to the guy with everything money can buy. Ex-cons also have the right to protect themselves and their own. Little kids need protection from kidnappers and child molesters. The elderly need it too.

Everyone should carry at all times.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It seems i was not fast enough to get the head line as there is a thread about it , my search does not work, so here it is the other thread deals with ,[ most of it anyway,] mental issues.
Where as mine dales with the Gun ban and mag ban, and how Obama might use it as a guide line for a national ban www.abovetopsecret.com... it is closed but that is ok,seems there will be more so if i should find anything i will post it here.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

All able bodied males ages 18-45 are members of the unorganized militia as per 10 USC 311. Look it up.

As for the great gun grab of 2012/2013, it's happening. Who's grabbing? Americans. This alone should tell our government something, but unfortunately they'd rather listen to their own agenda rather than the people.

edit on 15-1-2013 by netwarrior because: accidentally a word.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The grab is in full swing now 23 EO's that will do nothing to keep fire arms out of the hands of outlaws but impose new ways a law abiding citizens from buying, owning or possessing them. The 2nd means nothing now it will be just a matter of time before the rest of the amendments are trampled on. Yet you can still own a muzzle loader.. for now

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join