It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter .

www.kgw.com

Nick Meli is emotionally drained. The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.

"I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?,'" he said.

The friend and baby hit the floor. Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behind a pillar.

"He was working on his rifle," said Meli. "He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."

The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why is this not being talked about on MSM.....I wonder. Maybe they don't want people to realize they can stop a tragity. One man put an end to this incident with out firing a shot. In fact he made the decision not to fire based on what was in his sight picture. This is what responsible gun ownership looks like.

www.kgw.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
there is another thread about the same incident already.

its because the media is corrupt and only spins yarns that are paralel to their agenda......not that the shooting was a lie but the facts of are being hidden.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I reposted here because there were no links or details in the other one aside what I provided. Hope that is not an issue just thought this was a good place to place it and clear it up.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Now, I know you know there's already a thread on this...

this one...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So....interesting he had a misfire.So did our shooter in Colorado.Its an indication of lack of gun knowledge.
In Colo shooter's case he didn't test fire all of his magazines and a bad one jammed.
God does act in strange ways.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Are you serious? What's with all these shootings? It's so calm, and then a week before Christmas, we have five or six different shootings across the country. What's going on? I can understand that some people snap or are mentally ill, but this is ridiculous!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
One man put an end to this incident with out firing a shot.

Not clear to me that this is in fact true.
Another report says he continued to fire after fixing his jammed weapon. Without knowing the exact timeline (and your article is less than precicely clear on this) your "hero" may have in fact accomplished nothing at all.

Its also worth pointing out that it was a stolen weapon that the killer was using.
As requires pointing out once more: the more legal weapons there are in society, the more stolen weapons there are.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The jam was never fixed from what I understand the gun was found jammed. Not like we ever get all the facts in these cases, the media clouds everything with speculation.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

....there's already a thread on this...

this one...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join