It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again - Gun Bans are on the way

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Anyone who wants a gun can get one….in America or UK or anywhere else. If somebody goes nuts and wants a gun they can buy a used one with no record whatsoever.

You people like to point out the random crazies who go on a killing spree but overlook the shooting deaths that occur several times per day across the country by criminals who illegally possess firearms. There are 1,000 times more murders using illegally possessed firearms than legally possessed firearms. More laws will NEVER prevent those deaths! There are also FAR more crimes prevented than committed by law abiding citizens using firearms.

You made no comment on this!!!!

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Funny most of the mass killings in the States and the VERY FEW that have happened in the UK tend to be done by people who lose the plot take a mad turn and decide to kill people THEY WERE NOT CAREER CRIMINALS.

Your killings above tend to be criminal, and gang related not random events like the other day and all the other mass shootings like that!

Show us how many times a CAREER criminal has taken his gun into a school or fast food joint and killed at random compared with people who have just lost the plot!!!

I am in the UK I would find it difficult to get a gun unless I had connections with the wrong type of people.

We don't have gun stores here the nearest we get is Call of Duty

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Then you are not paying attention. The reason is to protect and preserve liberty and freedom against all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC!

You're just worsening the stereotype of the irrational arrogant American holding onto his guns against a nonexistent bogeyman.

What are your guns going to do against this 'police state'? Why don't you trust your army to defend you? Do you think if they turned on you you'd have any chance at all?

You're Not Getting the Guns Period!!!

It's only a matter of time before your guns are taken away. I tell you this now so you can begin to understand it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

Sorry, I just had to respond to ask, wth is with your avatar? That's creepy.

and no...a civil war would probably break out if they tried.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Everyone's emotions right now are out of control. Do people honestly think that banning guns will do anything at all? All you have to do is look at the drug trade. Are illegal drugs impossible to get? No, illegal drugs are as easy to get as the legal ones.

If you guys honestly think that the US Gov. is going to go house to house and physically take everyone's weapons, your in for a surprise.

The thing is, guns will not be needed once we evolve further and create a new society. But right now, the 2nd Amendment is not only just about guns, it's about having militias as well. It's what protects us from our King, the 2 party system. If you look in history, almost every Authoritarian Gov. has had gun control.

Anyway time will tell.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by seabag

Good, it was about friggin time something drastic happened to stop these murderers and guns crazy people with a mindset equal to a slobbering redneck.

It is time children can go to school without fearing for their lives , or sit in class drowning in anxiety of imagining the class room door being kicked in and facing a damn yokel, pro.gun, NRA fanatic, armed to the teeth and ready to snuff out their small innocent lives for lunch while gun crazy maniacs debate 2nd amendment till end of time. It is high time to close this loophole in the law.

It is time Obama persuade or by executive order or send his heavy duty boys to kick some ass in the congress and senate and force them to deem gun ownership equal to terrorism which should warrant these perps 30 days to hand them in or face life in prison. Or make them 2nd rate citizens with no rights as normal citizens.

If Europe and Japan can survive and have extremely low death rates due to strong antigun laws so can US.

edit on 16-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

Show me ONE school shooting that involved an "NRA fanatic" and I'll show you a barn full of unicorns. You are part of the problem. Your ignorant, status quo lefty talking points are tired and no one is buying it, well I won't say no one... other ignorant morons buy into it, but they don't count. If you want my gun, come and get it.
edit on 16-12-2012 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
One of my late grandfathers favorite sayings was, "Its easier to build boys and girls than to repair Men & Women"

How does this apply?

We cannot simply treat our society like children and take away choices. What I see is a lack of critical thinking skills being taught in our schools & higher education institutions.

Not only this, we are dumbed down, bombarded daily with media/medication/food..etc designed to alter our natural thoughts & processes.

No doubt there are those among us who should not have access to certain weapons & those who seek to control & manipulate others for nefarious purpose, why does our supposed leadership & representation not address the real issue here? If not then why do they represent us and are in leadership positions?

Its not the guns fault nor the responsible gun owners...I know im singing to the choir here but its more than time for those who see things clearly to start changing the world already...more people will be lost by doing nothing.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Those of you on ATS who also believe in making life miserable for gun owners please add your points/suggestions to the list.

- Prohibit the manufacture and sale of all semi-automatic rifles and handguns.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Show me ONE school shooting that involved an "NRA fanatic" and I'll show you a barn full of unicorns. You are part of the problem. Your ignorant, status quo lefty talking points are tired and no one is buying it, well I won't say no one... other ignorant morons buy into it, but they don't count. If you want my gun, come and get it.
edit on 16-12-2012 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

Do the NRA publish their membership details?

The rest of the world accepts that guns are dangerous and restricts their availability. The USA has the most heavily armed populace. What exactly do you think you're going to do when people do come to take your guns? Shoot them? Great plan Einstein.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

So let me get this right. Gun control works, but you also think it doesn't work.

What?! You've just admitted your argument is nonsense!

I’ve always maintained that gun control only hurts law abiding citizens. Try and follow along.

But you just pointed out we kill way way less people, and that because you have guns, you kill more. What exactly has your argument been reduced to here?

That’s correct. The elements within society who possess the propensity to kill have greater access to guns in US. My point is those idiots don’t follow the laws now, so more laws won’t help. I would also argue that in US we are much more capable of defending ourselves against said idiots, with lethal force, than the unarmed/neutered UK population.

Haven't been to Europe have you?

Actually I’ve lived in Belgium and Germany and visited many other places.

People also have free will in Europe. Don't be so ignorant. We are a responsible society not driven by our irrational fear of invaders. That's why we decide what weapons have no point.

You gave up your rights. Yes, I know. You have no fear because big government is all you know….you can’t miss what you never had (freedom from government).

We can and do, and I think you'll find we enjoy just as many if not more freedoms than you do.

Can you buy an assault rifle and 20 pistols tomorrow? I can!

Plus of course if we do get shot, all our healthcare is free at delivery and we have absolutely no worries.

Apparently these days ours is, too.

Perhaps you should believe less right wing talking heads and start listening to people who actually live in the UK. I'll answer any questions you like.

Perhaps you’re content being protected from yourself. If you have any questions about freedom just PM me!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

- Prohibit the manufacture and sale of all semi-automatic rifles and handguns.

You’ve proven my point about the slippery slope!

Yes, all guns should be banned, right?

Why not??? We need to be protected from ourselves. A wise man once said it best, so I will share his words:

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

― Benjamin Franklin, Memoirs of the life & writings of Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin

edit on 16-12-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

'nuff said

funny how EVERYTIME a tragedy of this kind happens
the "get rid of the right of self-defense" crowd already has a petition up
and a propaganda campaign up and running.

do the shooters call them up and let them know ahead of time?
edit on 16-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added comment

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Those of you on ATS who also believe in making life miserable for gun owners please add your points/suggestions to the list.

- Label the NRA a domestic terrorist organization.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

"If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?"

- Frederic Bastiat

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

The rest of the world accepts that guns are dangerous and restricts their availability.

Guns are inanimate objects; tools. A gun is no more dangerous than a knife or a rock. It is the person who wields the gun (or knife or rock) that turns it into a weapon. You lack critical thinking skills.

The USA has the most heavily armed populace.

And we intend to keep it that way…

What exactly do you think you're going to do when people do come to take your guns? Shoot them? Great plan Einstein.

That won’t happen BECAUSE we have guns….Einstein.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I have yet to hear one single person come up with even a remotely logical reason why they need a high-cap AR-15. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON.

To fight off zombies (and invading UN troops).

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by johncarter

It is time Obama persuade the congress and senate to deem gun ownership as equal to terrorism and give these perps 30 days to hand them in or face life in prison. Or make them 2nd rate citizens with rights as normal citizens.

You are a 2nd rate critical thinker, as an extreme response like this by the government would only flood the streets with more weapons.

In addition, it would become much harder to do forensics when the gun isn't registered and has the serial number filed off.

Geeze, yeah right. Life in prison. They'd have to have room for millions of people. The only place there would be room is the FEMA camps.

Wait

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

funny how EVERYTIME a tragedy of this kind happens
the "get rid of the right of self-defense" crowd already has a petition up
and a propaganda campaign up and running.

do the shooters call them up and let them know ahead of time?

Or, maybe, as many have suggested, this is a manufactured (dare I say FALSE FLAG) event like the Colorado shooting, 9/11, Oklahoma City, etc to promote this globalist agenda and bring the US on par with the rest of the neutered world populace??

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

- Label the NRA a domestic terrorist organization.

On what grounds?

Defending the Bill of Rights and the constitution?

Are you going to keep doing drive-by posts or actually defend your silly statements?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I have yet to hear one single person come up with even a remotely logical reason why they need a high-cap AR-15. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON.

To fight off zombies (and invading UN troops).

Those pretty blue helmets make a mighty fine target on US soil....

Just sayin'.....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

did you see this thread?

SANDY HOOK reference in BATMAN movie
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join