It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife's have multiple uses, guns don't

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
How do people still not understand that knives and edged weapons were created by early man for killing and butchering animals. KILLING is the primary reason it was invented. Just because for most people on earth society has advanced and you now buy your meat instead of killing it does not change the reason for why knives were invented in the first place. You still use a knife for the processing of food, but when was the last time anyone hunted with one? Maybe one day society will change for humans and the firearm will no longer be needed for protection against other humans. Hasn't happened yet but when it does I will be the first to turn my rifle into a hammer or find another use for it.
edit on 4-1-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't understand these threads. It all comes down to common sense. There are many dangerous things in this world, including guns, knives, bows and arrows, cars, etc. Normal, law abiding people will always attempt to use these things as safely as possible, but there are always accidents. Then there are those who will use things in dangerous and destructive ways. We can't remove the existence of danger so it is better to educate those willing to use things properly and limit access to those who wish to do harm. I am for gun control to an extent, but trying to vilify legal, law abiding citizens for owning something that has the potential to be dangerous is just idiotic. I am liberal in a lot of my political views, but I do own a gun. I see no reason I shouldn't as I use precaution, keep it cleaned and maintained, and under lock and key when not in use. I don't leave it lying around loaded either. Again, I am willing to follow the laws of my state and take all the proper safety precautions.

Forcing me to give up my gun will never stop the criminal who has an unregistered weapon from using it on someone will it? It will never stop a crazy person from using it to shoot innocent people. That person will find a way to hurt others if he or she wants to. he can get in a car and run down DOZENS of people, make a bomb, burn down a building, poison people, etc. You absolutely will never stop someone who is determined to hurt others and doesn't care about his own life. That is the truth and we can pass all the laws we want to limit those who will never hurt others, but it won't stop the crazy ones. Never has and never will. And since you can't remove the existence of guns, why take it from those willing to follow the rules?

I've said it before: the only thing banning guns will do is open up a black market where everyone who gets a gun is unregistered.

As always, use common sense and think logically about a situation and you will find the right answer. Going from one extreme to another just generates a volatile environment where nothing can be accomplished.

- Dredge

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Just so you uneducated types know, someone with advanced knowledge of the human anatomy,
As are most martial arts gurus/mastersmasters, and that has trained in edge fighting, can decemate
15 or 20 people, killing most, within minutes.

But, they don't. Because of discipline and respect. Which is what most gun OWNERS possess.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Like the fact that guns make short work of cutting up a loaf of bread.

The anti gun control crowd seem to be very anti common sense too.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
All i say to us British people, is to stop getting in the USA's way of killing itself, the rest of the world has learnt the dangers or the big bang weopons but they still; need to play with them, so let them in their own land, but we no lopnger offwer help, condolances when your kid dies, opr anything else

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The best reason to have a gun is because humans are relatively weak and hairless, sharp toothless, and claw less, when it comes to natural defenses we suck. The better defensive tool we possess the better chances we have of survival. Why would you want for someone less chance to survive? Whats wrong with you?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undeadlady

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by Undeadlady
Gun's are made for one thing, to KILL, simple as that, if someone knows of another use for a gun other than ending life, can you please share it with me.

Clay pigeon shooting.

Nice one, but are the not large rifle types, with special bullets, not the type you can fire in rapid succession? I could be wrong as i know nothing about guns, only they are designed to take away life.

You should probably learn something about them before you make blanket statements and suppositions about their abilities and uses then. Do you really not see a problem with this?

Speechless.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes!! Guns shoots and kill targets too.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Guns can be used to....

- open locked doors.
- Start a fire if stranded in the woods
- Tag an animal to be researched further
- as a research tool to test projectiles, force, and impact of an object on specific material

POINT BEING...this thread is stupid. I could say the same thing about knives.

/thread

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I suggest you come up here then and check out a certain factory in my area that uses a 12 ga shotgun to start their industrial furnace then. Swear to god when I was in environmental contracting we had to do a lead abatement job cleaning out this furnace to prepare for a new one to be installed. We had to have a preliminary lead check done of our blood and routine checks done throughout the job because of 30 yrs worth of lead coating the inside of the furnace from everytime they had to literally fire it up. So you were saying?
Just when you thought you knew it all right!!!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join