It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife's have multiple uses, guns don't

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Undeadlady

My point being is 1 is too many victims. How dare you imply it would be better to deny anyone the right to defend themselves? Since you stated that all guns should be banned, how do you suggest the US government go about that? Go door to door and illegally search every dwelling and then take whatever firearm they find? You obviously enjoy living in a country that bans the private ownership of firearms, ok good for you. I choose freedom to live my life how I see fit, owning firearms.

"Nasty" replies are only for "nasty" threads.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I just hope the next mass shooting when it happen's does involve anyone here that's replied or their families

You are a disgusting human being, why would you wish that on anyone?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

My point being is 1 is too many victims. How dare you imply it would be better to deny anyone the right to defend themselves? Since you stated that all guns should be banned, how do you suggest the US government go about that? Go door to door and illegally search every dwelling and then take whatever firearm they find? You obviously enjoy living in a country that bans the private ownership of firearms, ok good for you. I choose freedom to live my life how I see fit, owning firearms.

"Nasty" replies are only for "nasty" threads.

Please Carreau, tell me where i said guns should be banned?? as i did not, i stated that it would not work, so get you facts right. My post is about how knifes have multiple uses and guns do not, not once did i say ban guns, you just getting all worked up about a different subject to mine about taking your guns away. Stick to the topic please, and dont say ive said thing's i havent, how dare YOU

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well, i don't really think a ban will work, too many guns in America to recover, but it would be worth a try,

It wouldn't work but IT WOULD BE WORTH A TRY.

You are a liar.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I just hope the next mass shooting when it happen's does involve anyone here that's replied or their families

there you go again twisting my words. I won't be replying to any more of your posts, because its obvious your a very angry person (with a gun)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Your interpretation of nasty replies is due to the fact that you have yet to address any points I have made. Danced around em in fact.

Maybe now that I have pissed in your soup you can go back and respond to my thoughts on the origin of a knife. And it's purpose to kill. Thanks.

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth

Originally posted by Undeadlady
knife's knive's who cares, it reads the same even if i type knfies you still know what i mean. Why cant you just eat the bullet and admit they are for killing, they are killing machines and the fact that there are 310 million guns in the USA is killing your own people. America is not a barbaric country, why do u need all these guns. there is mabye 3 valid other uses for guns, but they are built to kill things. If you can't see this, well im wasting my time.

You do know that a long time ago. Long sharp sticks were used to hunt, kill and protect.
This primitive instrument evolved into what is known as a knife. Knives are for killing to ya know.
I have a friend in Georgia (Crazy out doorsman) who hunts wild boar for sport with one bare hand
and knife in the other. Knives were built to kill things as well.

Does your head explode when you think of the paradoxical and oxymoronic bayonet?

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth

Knives were made for other things in mind

How do you know this? The knife is as an evolved version of a sharp stick used to defend, kill and protect.
It was made to kill. The knife (in modern times) has become an art form in craftsmanship. This doesn't make it's purpose or origin any less then what it is.

Fancy stick for poking.

Responsibility and accountability in the modern age has allowed it to be accepted as less threatening.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

there you go again twisting my words. I won't be replying to any more of your posts, because its obvious your a very angry person (with a gun)

I've been watching your thread here and the highly selective nature of your replies to points. Was this an honest attempt to have a discussion or a trap to bring people in you've wanted to rant at? I'm not seeing discussion as much as rant....and you're still repeating the outright lie that guns are single purpose tools. That alone almost characterizes this as a pure rant when the attempts to legitimately counter that point go unanswered.

Your willfully, intentionally and gleefully ranting against anyone who might disagree..if you're not just outright ignoring the points to focus more ranting on specific people? You've lost me entirely OP... I'm not sure your future threads are ones I'll want to touch, personally. I feel kinda tricked for even coming in.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How is quoting you "twisting" your words? You just wished that anyone who has replied to your thread be involved in the next mass shooting or our families.

I don't care if you ignore my posts, you've been ignoring my points the whole thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Edited: OP fixed spelling error.
edit on 16-12-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: Spelling error fixed on OP's end.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

How is quoting you "twisting" your words? You just wished that anyone who has replied to your thread be involved in the next mass shooting or our families.

I don't care if you ignore my posts, you've been ignoring my points the whole thread.
##

o dear i do apologize for that typo in the most unappropriate place it's supposed to say doesn't

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is the bottom line. A knife can kill a human and it has other uses. A gun can kill a person AND it has other uses. Blaming a gun for a murder is like blaming a car for a drunk driving accident. But the only common element in both is a human.

It's not the gun or the ammunition, it's the person using said weapon. SOMETIMES using a gun makes it easier to kill. BUT when a bad person decides to kill with a gun the ONLY way to stop them in the act is with a gun. If you want to wait for someone to rescue you, fine. But I won't. There were 58 murders by firearms in the UK in 2011. Since most private ownership of firearms are prohibited in the UK how did even 1 happen?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What a clever and original argument!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Banning guns works really well, apparently...

Violent Crime Worse in UK Than US

So you don't get shot there, you just get robbed, raped, beaten, and stabbed (hopefully not all at the same time). Sounds like a peaceful gun free utopia!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Answer
Banning guns works really well, apparently...

Violent Crime Worse in UK Than US

So you don't get shot there, you just get robbed, raped, beaten, and stabbed (hopefully not all at the same time). Sounds like a peaceful gun free utopia!

From that article.

The international crime report was published as Tony Blair prepared to unveil plans to tackle persistent offenders.

The Prime Minister - who will next week become the first serving premier to visit a British prison when he launches his law-and-order package - said the crackdown would target the 100,000 worst offenders who are responsible for the bulk of crimes.

How old is it??

Oh yes.

According to the figures released yesterday, 3.6 per cent of the population of England and Wales were victims of violent crime in 1999 - second only to Australia, where the figure was 4.1 per cent.

edit on 16-12-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Looks like not much has changed... I direct you especially to the bottom. Rapes and Crimes with Victims...

www.nationmaster.com...
edit on 12/16/2012 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I had to tackle this very point from the pro-gun crowd on my own thread regarding gun control.

The argument I was faced with was “if you ban guns then what’s next, knifes, care and fatty foods all kill kids should we ban them to?”

Now on first glance this is a seemingly fair point, but with a bit of critical thinking it falls to bits with the following argument.

If we all start by agreeing on the basic premise that killing another living being is wrong, is evil then that “knifes also kill” argument falls to bits.

So if killing is evil and a gun is designed for no other reason other than to kill another living being then guns must also be evil, they are inherently evil objects as their only function is to kill.

Now yes it does take a evil man to walk into a school to gun down a room full of kids but in the first place he must be holding a evil tool, a gun is just a tool, but its function is to take life and taking a live is evil.
As such with it comes to murder by gun, it’s an evil tool behind the evil man that kills. Both are wrong and both should be stopped, we stop the evil man by locking him up in a prison or by having him killed by the state. Why then can we not lock up and ban the guns.

A knife on the other hand has multiple functions, it is not designed to kill it is designed to be used as a tool say to chop up vegetables. As such it is not inherently evil, it is natural. If an evil man walks into a room full of kids and stabs them he is still a evil man but the knife is still just a knife.

People who try to defend the gun are just defending evil in my view.

S&F OP

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

That's stupid. Is shooting paper targets or bottles killing another living being? Whoops, there goes that argument.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

People who try to defend the gun are just defending evil in my view.

S&F OP

People who defend guns understand that evil will not go away if you take away guns. If you leave people with no way to defend against evil, evil prevails.

The unfortunate part of this debate is that many anti-gun advocates believe, for some reason, that removing guns from the equation will cause evil to cease. It's just not the case.

If evil happens to you, you can be a victim or you can fight back. I choose to fight back.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

No it doesn’t, the AK-47 for example was not designed to shoot at paper target, and it designed to kill a human being

You can defend you evil little toys all you want, I think it’s sickening the evil that you all defend in the face of so many dead.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by sputniksteve

No it doesn’t, the AK-47 for example was not designed to shoot at paper target, and it designed to kill a human being

You can defend you evil little toys all you want, I think it’s sickening the evil that you all defend in the face of so many dead.

Many things that you use every single day were designed to kill human beings or make it easier for others to do so.

Your argument is illogical and based purely on emotion... that's why it's so easy to dismiss.

30 children were killed. Yes, it's tragic, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the deaths caused by many other seemingly harmless sources. You don't cry for a ban on those items because they're too difficult to demonize. Guns are an easy target mainly because they're completely misunderstood by a large portion of the population. Take all your sadness and your hate and direct it at the real cause: the failure of the mental healthcare system and poor parenting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join