Newtown Church Evacuated

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Newtown Church Evacuated

www.nbcconnecticut.com

St. Rose of Lima Church in Newtown has been evacuated. State police have responded to the church, according to NBC reporter Audrey Washington.

A noon mass was being held at the Roman Catholic Church at 46 Church Hill Road.

Witnesses at the mass said police entered the church and told parishioners that a threat had been made against the church and the surrounding area and that everyone had to leave immediately.

More than a dozen State Troopers armed with assault rifles entered a home next to the church, according to Washington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ora.tv

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is really just awful. Who would do this to these people at such a time? Also, I have to wonder what sort of threat would prompt such a response. There's live feed footage right now at the additional link.

I think that the media is partially responsible for all this. Without the kind of coverage they give these events, so much of the horrible things happening in Newtown might not be happening.

www.nbcconnecticut.com

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Fear is your only God - ZDLR

The sad reality is this is the world we live in.

Rather than find something new, we feel we must hang onto the thing we have invested in.

People (news, citizens, the money machine) are vested in the story and unwilling to move on to whatever is next.

Unless it was a bomb threat, there was no reason to enter the church. Dozens of troopers could easily create a perimeter.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...-church-evacuated-at-noon-mass-after-threat

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It is odd that they were going in searching the church. What were they looking for? What type of threat was it I wonder.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ind. man with 47 guns arrested after school threat

news.yahoo.com...

another threat and lunatic

link   
i dont know but obama is supposed to be there tonight around 7pm.......maybe something to do with him?

also i just had a thought, they entered the house next door. i think maybe someone at the church hoped on the neighbors wifi and made a threat.

maybe to get out of church early?

link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Seriously there is something amiss about this whole thing.A teacher that never worked there shot dead by her own kid, a guy that decided to go after kids and kill as many as he could,clips of police going after people in the woods that didn't happen,a rifle that mysteriously goes from the trunk of a car to inside with the shooter,people witnessing other people involved that supposedly didn't happen,and on and on and on.Come on already,what is up with this?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

What's up is the shoddiest case of Journalism that I've seen in a very long time. They aren't checking their sources or facts, just reporting things on a whim. They are getting a ton of stuff wrong and we are seeing the result. Stories over facts, anything to get ratings. It's a sad day for "Journalism", a dying trade.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thats sick. People can't even grieve in peace. What kind of person or people would sink to such depravity? 20 children are dead, babies really. And some very brave souls who tried to protect them. Cant people just leave the poor people of this town in peace to grieve? I wont say come to terms with it as one can never come to terms with it. Learn to live with what has happened? In time yes, though it might take a decade. But come to terms with it? Never. This sort of behaviour is not helping at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Yes, I just saw that the Pres. is supposed to go there today, so that's interesting. Might explain the heavy response?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

This is really just awful. Who would do this to these people at such a time? Also, I have to wonder what sort of threat would prompt such a response. There's live feed footage right now at the additional link.

I think that the media is partially responsible for all this. Without the kind of coverage they give these events, so much of the horrible things happening in Newtown might not be happening.

www.nbcconnecticut.com

Whilst i agree the coverage is excessive it is too simplistic to lay the blame at their door.

There are some sad, sick people out there and behaviour such as this is entirely their responsibility. To lay the blame upon the media removes that blame from the responsible individual and therefore encourages such activity.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The latest Tweet from Breaking News via NBC is saying they have the all clear. That's a relief.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

Oh no, I definitely blame the individual for doing such a thing but two questions. 1. would he have chosen to go to the school and mass shoot if we hadn't seen in the past the kind of attention it gets? 2. Would we see westboro baptist church and threats like the one in this thread being made if news coverage wasn't what it is?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Madness is taking over the world..
People are slowly losing their minds and beginning to snap.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Nice quote! Its mind blowing that this crap is happening a couple towns over.....don't drink the water ct! Its funny to the cabelas in Hartfords gun counter was crazy busy the other day too! Geeeeeeeezzzzeeeee!
edit on 17-12-2012 by DaughterOfARevolver because: spellin arrows

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I think we need
to wait and see
if after the 21st
and nothing happens
if all these mental defectives
stop the horse crap...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SalientSkivvy

Madness is taking over the world..
People are slowly losing their minds and beginning to snap.

The true wonder ....... is that it holds together so well.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Do you know how much troopers make $? Why the hell in gods name would a town pay for a dozen troopers to maintain a perimeter at a church for hours? would this be done every time something like this happens?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Did they ever find out who called in the bomb threat?

new topics
top topics

join