It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence According To Bone - Mind Blown In 3....2....1....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I don't believe what I'm about to say, but I've had the same observation as the OP and always thought how strange it would be if the Universe itself were God and we were all living organisms inside of God's body keeping him alive.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of this...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Isn't it just that the shape of the Atom and its shadow are the result of the way out galaxy is spinning.
A bit like how the gravity and spin of our own planet makes water spiral down a plug hole.
edit on 17-12-2012 by crzayfool because: Typo

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Great post my man and goes to show that all the science in the world could be shown to be describing a single cell society on the ass crack of a virus on a dogs testicles.

We have no idea where we are, we have no idea what is even beyond the heliosphere and in fact, we don't even really know what that means.

We are a tiny society on the verge of knowing next to nothing who thinks we have it all figured out. Guess again science, thank "God" we have you but turn down that arrogant tone a notch because you can't prove #. That my friend, is a cold hard FACT.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So, I guess that makes us some kind of subatomic cancer?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Given the universal quantum forces at work surely it should hardly be surprising that there are such similar shapes in the universe, regardless of size.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think what you might be homing in on is that at every level from subatomic to universal, the energies are operating in the same manner and are held in place by the same means. I read quite alot on the zero point field and i would not say we are living in a universe which is an atom inside something else and something else etc etc but essentially it operates at every level from base tog alaxy with the same forces .. but that would make sense... as in it follows the same laws. Suggest a book called "the field" by Lynne Mctaggart.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Microcosm or macrocosm...we follow a set princible in this universe of physics. Some call it gods fingerprint.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What about Galaxy's that collide? they only way to smash atoms together is via a particle accelerator, Galaxy's clash around us all the time and merge...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I can see Einstein now scratching his head saying: And I bang out all those numbers for nothing... nice work!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
sprott.physics.wisc.edu..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>reply to post by Bone75

I wish I could share the image on my phone to that compares various human items to astrological items.

If the sun has a nemesis (anti christ) I guess as the bible states there will be two visible suns/sons and signs in the sky. I know when I look at nebula photos I see some angelic and demon shi7!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
This is our galaxy....

Can you guess what this is?

Its the shadow of an atom....

Now watch what happens when I lay the picture
of the galaxy over the picture of the atom....

The theory I'm about to present to you is one that I have pondered for years, but it never really held any weight with me until I went looking for that second picture last night.

As the image above illustrates, my colleagues and I at Griffith University have been able to photograph the shadow of an atom for the first time – the culmination of five years of work by our team.

The image, and attendant paper, are published today in the journal Nature Communications.

Source

A basic understanding of how atoms work....

A basic understanding of how our galaxy works....

So in a nutshell, my theory goes like this...

We are living on the surface of a particle....
that is orbiting an electron....
that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom...
that resides in the body of a living organism....

that is living on the surface of a particle....

You should read the 1935 short story 'He Who Shrank", by Henry Hasse.

This idea has been around awhile.
Here is a link
He Who Shrank

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Pardon the redudancy if my point is already raised in the many replies to this excellent -- one might even call it 'perennial' , 'timeless' or 'primordial' for that matter -- thread, the point being that this view of the universe or rather multiverse has been a prominent and very extensively documented aspect of Mahayana Buddhism since the second century BCE if not earlier.

The main scriptural source is a very large (1000+ page) scriptural collection entitled Avatamsaka (flower ornament) Sutra, or Hua-Yen sutra in Chinese. It became the basis of a philosophical school in China, the Hua-Yen school. Exactly the same point as you have made here is made repeatedly -- with the added specification that each atom/galaxy/multiverse is filled with Buddhas, of course.

The scripture also mentions frequently vast swirls of light, among many other fantastic leitmotivs -- similar to the galaxy/atomic shadow shown above. The Avatamsaka is also the place where the famous "Jewel Net of Inda" metaphor first crops up, which is (among many other things) a description of reality as a hologram. There are also countless references to inter-dimensional travel, time travel, dimensional conflations and bifurcation, flying discs (which are sometimes referred to as the "work of the Devil" or Mara), space-yachts or cruise-ships of the gods (vimanas) and so on.

Basically most of the upbeat paranormal/sci-fi themes discussed in ATS forums are referred to in the Flower Ornament scripture, if one uses a little imagination! So your thread and your point are in good company -- a venerable tradition more than two thousand years old.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

This is exactly what iv been trying to put into words for along time, its mind blowing to think of the scale of everything. If this theory is true, then what part of the system could we be? We could be part of a cell in an arm or an eye! Interstellar travel could mean traveling out from here to the edge of space. (The skin) turning around and seeing the face of god maybe?????

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Has no one brought up the fact that not all galaxies look like this...............

And arent atoms mostly uniform in shape?

Altho I like this Idea, and i suppose anything is possible...........if that is the function we serve (ie a atom type function) then all galaxies everywhere would be uniform........

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I had this exact same thought back in 1999 when I was 15 and had no internet, I was just thinking about it. I was thinking that the structure of an atom has some similarities to the structure of a solar system and I though that we are probably part of a larger organism, which is part of another organism and so on and so on.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Great post OP. I have felt this very thing from the time I was a child and there are very few things that go against it. S & F.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Yes, i, and many people i know, have thought this since first learning about planets and atoms when at school.

If that really is the structure of reality then it's hilarious.

We could go on a huge space voyage and end up coming out of someone's nose into their kitchen ;+]

QV.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Interesting theory.

But did you get this idea from the movie Men In Black?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Um, what about the galaxies receding from each other at nearly the speed of light? what about the corkscrew motion of this solar system traveling around our parent galaxy? what about the super nova's observed throughout the known universe, the gigantic black holes? neutron stars?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join