It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence According To Bone - Mind Blown In 3....2....1....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Great thread.

Your thoughts reflect exactly what I believe to be true!

S&F just for that

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Sorry if these are dumb observations, I know you guys worked hard on resolving this image. What an image too. I wanted to ask you about the diagram presented in the link.

I don't really know enough about the subject to use the right terminology, but I'll try. The shadow of the laser penetrating the atom is what leaves this image? Or is the laser going around it and producing an interference patter of "spherical edges".

The reason I ask is that I was thinking this looked like the two slit experiment where interference patterns produce waves in straight lines except that in the case of the above diagram it makes hemispheric circles instead?

Forgive me for not having the terminology correct.

My other question has to do with why you super impose an atom (with a fixed number of electrons) over a galaxy with hundreds of billions of points (stars). Do you mean to imply that the atom you "shadowed" has as many particles inside its boundary as a typical Galaxy?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Wow..... I had this thought a few years ago while watching water go down the drain in my bath tub. I agree..... so maybe if you fly straight at the event horizon of a black hole..... you just end up shrinking down to the next dimension below us? Your thought on this please. Thank you for the post.... S & F!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Star and flag. Finally a thread of extreme quality, insight, and heck even some drama. I love this thread. It is gonna take me some time to even comprehend it. And i love that!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

First of all that is not our Galaxy. It is not currently possible to either take such a picture or represent the Galaxy as we cannot see by various methods the entirety of our Galaxy.

You cannot associate the Macro Physical Universe with the Quantum Universe. The Electrons which are Quantum Particle/Wave Forms that orbit an Atoms Nucleus have NOTHING in common with how the Stars orbit our Galaxies Black Hole.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

You are not alone my friend, eve held a similar system of belief since I was like 12. They way I try to break it down for simple people is

you can take a microscope, and continue to zoom in (infinity if we had technology) first you see a hand, then you see the hair on hand, then you see animals on hair on hand, then you zoom in more and see hair on animals on hair on hand, then zoom, now you see animal on hairs on an animal that was on a hair on your hand. ^^

you can then take the exact opposite with a telescope and zoom out (infinity if we had technology). First we saw blobs of light, zoom, then we saw planets, zoom then we saw solar system, zoom then we saw milky way, zoom then we saw millions of trillion of galaxies in just one picture if you continue to zoom out,

we become the animals on the hair of the animal on the hair of the animal on the hair of your hand

simple right? ^^ or another way to look at it

fractal images + infinity = MIND FREAKIN BLOWN

THE MANDELBROT SET
"Thumbprint of God"
edit on 16-12-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets again

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
so tsumani's and tornadoes are just this "host" passing gas and acid indigestion.

earthquakes are just him farting on the couch.

why as human beings do we have to lower ourselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MilesTeg

I'll try and answer it's a tricky one though.

Black holes probably aren't a link to the next dimension or universe "down" as they leak radiation, It's theorised that given enough time they'd actually evaporate or disipate though the time scale is ridiculous. That suggests to me they're very much objects within this universe, I may be wrong though. I saw this article you might find interesting

New knowledge about the remarkable properties of black holes

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Couldn't the same argument be made of anything in that shape though? Like a flushing toilet?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OK, my mind was blown. I never thought about life like that. Thank you for shedding light on this. I will ponder this further. Wow,Kinda like "The galaxy is on Orions Belt" MIB And it is as small as a marble. It is very plausable.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
On a similar note, I've always thought that each planet with its moons mimic or symbolises an element. For example Earth is like Hydrogen with one proton (Earth) and 1 electron (moon). haven't gone any furthur with that and what the other planets may symbolise.

Wiki Hydrogen

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

wow another person i also share an idea with, i thought that for a very long time when i was younger, but either the pieces that made up the "map" have been destroyed or it just doesnt work, i cant find anything in our area that comes close to an element form, sadly but the "solar" systems themselves remind me of electron and protons and quirks going around a nucleus of an atom

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Makes all that empty space make more sense out there.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I posted this pic to this thread December 21st, 2012 11:11am GMT - Snapshot from Earth and Sun. and feel the discussions are very much related. Maybe someone knows how to connect the dots? Ok it's a pun too.

This was my post to that thread:

"I don't know what to say. :O I just took this screen shot from the Science channel show "How Small is the Universe". This is the result of the Higgs particle discovery. This is the graphic of the Standard Model of physics. As soon as I saw it I thought of your post."
edit on 16-12-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
The galaxy is a spiral.

The atom's shadow is concentric circles, as anyone familiar with physical theory will gladly inform you.

The only reason they seem similar in these images is the poor resolution of the "atomic shadow" image.

I have several vinyl records which have a spirally recorded groove and so are a closer match to the galactic spiral than the second picture.

I would hardly build a philosophy of nature based upon the apparent match between vinyl records and galaxies.

The look-alike or sounds-alike attempts to infer physical theory are not scientific but are, in fact, magical thinking. Like drawing conclusions based upon astrological alignments/conjunctions or rhyming names.

I'd like to direct your attention to the area from the nucleus and the n=1 orbital shell of the atom....

I agree that all of the rings outside of this box are concentric, but that might be explained by the magnetic fields that the scientists are using to hold this atom in place.

Its what's inside the box that has me so intrigued....

That is not concentric, that is spiral. You can blame it on poor resolution if you like, but at this point in the discussion I have a picture of an atom with a spiral center and you have nothing.

Now I'd like to draw your attention to the same area relative to our galaxy for another connection that you may have overlooked. I'm going to use the artist's rendition to make my point, so I hope you don't mind...

In the first video I posted (here for convenience)....

The guy giving the lesson says that the first orbital shell can't hold any more than 2 electrons. So if you can try for one minute to look at our galaxy as an atom....

maybe you could tell me how many electrons you see on the n=1 orbital shell?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Everything in life is fractal in nature.

Mind not blown.. this is just the same pattern which repeats itself at different sizes.

Cool it's so small though.

b

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Can't help but think this perspective on the world will be gaining many advocates in Washington and Colorado over the coming months
Sorry couldn't help myself.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Can't help but think this perspective on the world will be gaining many advocates in Washington and Colorado over the coming months
Sorry couldn't help myself.

I just had to give you a star for that one.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Then there is this picture for you...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join